All reviewsnice guypool baraqua marinegrocery storelime treerental carenergy surchargewyndham ownersstudio loftcharlotte amaliesmall resortbeautiful beachplenty of beach chairsmini kitchenbeach huton site restaurantpull out couch
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

I hesitate to say how great this location rates! It's nice, now, that crowds aren't swarming! THE best resort beach on the island!! Accomodations are adequate, with stairs. If you want 5 star, go elsewhere- we don't want your snobbery anyway. There is a relatively new restaurant on site (Lanai) getting discovered by locals- great food, good prices, with special nite activities. The Lime Tree pool bar is awesome- with great staff and daily specials. They also serve good food at reasonable prices. Speaking of, Lime Tree Market has almost everything for your grocery/personal list. No need to pay for taxi to town for groceries! (Resort won't tell you this). Be sure to check the beach hut for an outstanding day on Second Wind- an all day charter with 3 meals, 2 snacks, 2 desserts, snorkeling, fishing, open bar- and, a real toilet. Our trip also had a marine biologist in the crew to explain what we were seeing. Shh..... this is the best bargain on the island! Visit Aqua Marine- also the best rated dive shop on St. Thomas! There is a huge grill available for cooking- so with your 2 burner stove & microwave, you don't necessarily need a car. A cab, Mr. Nice Guy, is available if you want to venture out for other options. This is our favorite resort for relaxing!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Renee B
Reviewed 3 September 2017

Family stayed there 1st week of july, 1 bedroom unit. It's a timeshare. I came with relatively low expectations but we really like bluebeard's. It's a small development, maybe 80 units total. located about 15mins from charlotte amalie. You'll need a car. Beach is really beautiful and private to the resort. Pool area is adjacent to the beach and also really nice. Plenty of shade and chairs. There's a beach bar that's open to the public on the property but it wasn't too loud or disruptive. As for the unit itself, it's older but clean and comfortable. All rooms are oceanfront and have a nice view. We enjoyed sitting out on our balcony every morning drinking coffee. The kitchen was really small. Bed was king size and comfy. It's a loft-type design so expect stairs in your unit. Wifi wasn't free so we didn't try it. You can use free PC in the lobby. They also have a small selection of free movies. They're affiliated with the Wyndham timeshare and we opted for the margaritaville tour to get free passes for a sailing/snorkeling trip ... we were very happy with the free trip and didn't mind going to margaritaville because it's next to a great snorkeling beach we were planning to go to anyway. Overall we were very happy with bluebeard's.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 September 2017

The resort grounds are well kept. There is a dive shop onsite. There is a little store and a restuarant onsite. There is Wifi at a fee of about $39.00 for 7 days. I really enjoyed the swim up pool bar. The beach is georgous. The unit we stayed in was clean and well maintained.

My wife and I love this place! I hope we can get back there.

The only thing I didn't like was the $25/day electricity fee and the $20/day resort fee that USVI charges.

Room Tip: There are no elevators. So if you don't like stairs get a room on the 1st floor.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kscdennis
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

First of all, I will say, we read the reviews and we were prepared for the outdated rooms and room and energy surcharges. That is not the reason for a low rating.

First, our room wasn't ready when we got there so we were greeted by the concierge who was "supposedly" going to help us plan a good vacation. What we were sold was a tour of Margaritaville and then a sales presentation to swindle us out of more money to up our points. Not appreciated!

Second, as others have said, since we didn't know the pool bartender's name we got crappy service. He never checked on us one bit. I had to yell down to him if I wanted anything.

Third, the restaurant is on the wrong side of the resort. We went for dinner twice and the sun was in our eyes and the screens they pulled down did not really work. I get wanting to have a view of the sunset, but at the wrong time of day it will ruin your dining experience.

Fourth, the only redeeming quality is we were secluded from all the hustle and bustle of St Thomas. The location was great for us and the vacation we were wanting to take. There are definitely better places to stay so make sure you know what you are getting in to before you book here.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ErikL1953
Karen G, Owner Care at Bluebeard's Beach Club and Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2017

Hello Erik,
Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. We're sorry that your unit wasn't ready, and that the service you received wasn't what you were hoping for. Please know that these issues will be addressed. Thank you for providing valuable feedback that will allow us to improve our Count on Me service to our guests.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 16 August 2017

We exchanged a week of timeshare for a week here in St. Thomas. We loved the property as the beach and view were superb. The location was a bit off the beaten path which was fine once we bit the bullet and picked up a rental car. My hair is gray already but after being a passenger in the car when my husband or adult son were driving gave me a few more gray strands. Between twisty, turny, hilly roads and driving on the left, it was a bit breathtaking and not really in a good way. ;-)
The restaurant at the property, Lanai, which I will review separately was great, reasonable by USVI prices and had a nice menu. Shasta at the front desk was very helpful when I had a problem contacting the car rental place and did her best to remedy the situation for me. There was a bit of a "timeshare sell" (to visit their newest sister property, Margaritaville) when we first checked in that was a little bit of a hard sell for my taste but it was helpful in that they told us about the Wednesday night special deal for Paradise Point which was a highlight of our trip so I do thank them for that. I would go back in a heartbeat as playing in the waves in the Caribbean Sea is one of my favorite past times.

Room Tip: All rooms face the sea but some of them have palm trees that must block the view. We were in the B building and the view was excellent.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family