Crystal Cove Beach Resort on Sapphire Bay
Mafolie Hotel(Charlotte Amalie)
US$231
US$224
Travelocity
Emerald Beach Resort(Charlotte Amalie)
US$290
US$215
US$145
  • Pool
US$134
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
Elysian Beach Resort(East End)
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
Island Beachcomber Hotel(Charlotte Amalie)
  • Beachfront
All reviewsdavid pareskyliving roombeach towelsst johnwasher and dryersea grape treesmurphy bedthese unitscomfortable furniturecable tvfull kitchenmolly malonesminute ferry ridetennis courtssenor pizzaown mealspesce
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 June 2009

Booked through VRBO as we have done over the past few years. Steve and Honey were great to work with and left us with no questions. We have stayed in Sapphire before and knew what to expect. Steve and Honey delivered.
Picked up the keys mid-afternoon and brought our groceries into a beautiful, air conditioned, bug free, well kept and clean unit B-11. A bag of ice was in the freezer ready to mix up some cocktails from the liquors left in the bar area. Upon arrival, all you have to do is put away the groceries and unpack then walk 100 footsteps to the beach. As you walk by the lagoon look for the iguanas basking on the island or on the walkway or on the manicured lawn.
Beach time is the best here on Sapphire beach. Plenty of breeze to keep you cool. Sea Grape trees provide plenty of shade in the afternoon. If you don't feel like walking the 100 steps back for refreshments, there is always someone walking by with a menu offering food and drinks! Being an avid diver I enjoyed snorkeling around the reefs 100 yds off the beach. Still only 20ft deep but plenty of sealife to find just go slow and dive to the bottom, to look not touch, and peak under some of the ledges. Spiny lobster, puffer, reef squid, rays, trunk fish, parrot fish, trumpet fish and turtles to name a few of the more interesting finds in shallow water. Snorkel equipment is available through unit B-11. Steve has a great selection of fins, masks and snorkels stored under the large bench seat. For those that prefer to just relax, there are also floats and noodles that are in the unit to add to your fun.
The well stocked kitchen allowed us to fix our meals quite easily. Driving the 5 minutes (literally parking space to parking space) to Red Hook gives you the chance to eat continental, Italian, Irish and sushi. Plus you have Duffy's, Island Time and a few other bars in the area.
Great times were had and we look forward to returning to Crystal Cove B-11 in the near future! You've got to stay here!

4  Thank StellaB07
Reviewed 1 June 2009

Loved Crystal Cove and Sapphire Beach! The beach is beautiful and the snorkeling is great. The condo that we rented through vrbo.com was in the D building, not the best views of the beach but that wasn't a problem. Our condo was very clean and spacious.

It was a little unsettling to see some of the buildings on the Sapphire Beach resort property boarded up, don't know what's going on there. Did like that we could use all the amenities that Sapphire Beach resort offered, like the dive shop for rentals.

Had one dinner on the Sapphire Beach premises at the Grapevine Grille restaurant, though the location was beautifu, poolside, I would not recommend eating there.
The service was lousy, the food was worse, chicken parm served with what tasted like tomato paste this was topped by the gratuity added to our bill, for a dinner for 4!

Overall, I would recommend Crystal Cove on Sapphire Beach as a destination place. The snorkeling was so easy, right off the beach, there is plenty of shady areas to get away from the sun and you can always depend on a nice breeze to cool things down.

3  Thank NHtravelkat
Reviewed 22 May 2009

We normally stay at the Wyndham but needed the extra space this time since we were traveling with our nephew. Having stayed at Crystal Cove in the past, and not being overly impressed the first time, I was very particular in my condo search this time.

We wanted a second floor unit with two bathrooms, a safe, wireless internet and use of the washer/dryer. I found exactly this in unit C-28 thru vbro.com (#74814)...plus it had been recently renovated! Karen couldn't have been more accomodating and made the process very painless. The unit had everything we needed for the week, along with an awesome view of the beach and ocean.

I'm one of those people that will pay extra for an oceanview, be it in a hotel or on a cruise. With that said, I couldn't care less that I had to walk an extra minute or two to get to the beach as opposed to staying in building A. The entire time we were there, someone was tending to the grounds. The flowers were beautiful!

If you are looking for a condo, this one had it all!

2  Thank Sun_Sand_PalmTrees
Reviewed 2 May 2009

I just had the most relaxing week ever. I have never been able to stay this close to a beach, let alone at this price! I arrived at 3PM, unpacked & took a quick $3 taxi to the Marina Market down the road. I purchased food for the week ($72), the store called my taxi, & I was back at the beach at 5PM! This was my first vacation as a single woman & I felt very safe & comfortable the entire week. The kitchen in condo A6 has all you need to have your meals beachfront daily. The prices in town at restaurants are somewhat high but you have to remember that St. Thomas is an island & most everything must be flown in. I had dinner at Molly Molone's one nite, a patio table in view of the Irish band, delightful!
It was important for me to be able to spend my week close to snorkeling, I didn't want to rent a car or take a taxi every day. The A Building is as close as you can get!! The snorkeling right out front at Sapphire Beach was spectacular! The colors are unbelievable & a stingray slowly swimming past me was a nice surprise. I sat in the shade of a sea grape tree reading my book & doing my crosswords when I wasn't snorkeling.
The owner, Dave Paresky, & housekeeper, Norma, are both easy to contact & have great suggestions (Molly Molone's!).
The condo is huge, the two bathrooms were perfect- one for hair & makeup, the other for a shower & rinsing snorkel gear. The kingsized bed with overhead fan was wonderful, nice & firm, no morning aches for a change! And the view from the living room & outside porch area is like a postcard, St. John in the distance & many shades of blue & green in the water & the sky.
I can't say enough for this condo, the A Building's location made it absolute perfection! Thankyou Dave & Norma- I will be back again this year!
Micki

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled solo
7  Thank SnorkelerOne
Reviewed 1 May 2009

Upon booking the property thru the bestbeach.com site, We were so excited for this trip. We had been to St. Thomas before, staying at the Marriott, so we kinda knew the island and our way around. This location is right near the ferry to St. John and away from the touristy shopping of Charlotte Amiele so we figured it would be great.

Everything did not go smoothly or as I expected. At the top of the list was the fact that there was no crib ready when we arrived. Still I can understand a small oversight, but the response to the problem really set the tone. Saturday when we arrived we spoke to Norma, who said she would bring one over. We never heard or saw her the rest of the day. Sunday morning I called her and she said had some family emergency and it would get done. Still nothing. Monday afternoon finally she arrives for housekeeping and brings one. I wasn't expecting top notch service, but I'd say her housekeeping was less than adequate. Towels were left lying around. Bathrooms were not cleaned. She then decided to skip Tuesday and Thursday housekeeping. She also ran the dishwasher on Wed, which leaked and left a pool of water in the kitchen.
Other miscellaneous problems included a light falling out of its socket in the kitchen, 3/4 of the channels on the cable tv in the bedroom not working, and a couple of bugs in the kitchen.
Overall, it was just not what I had expected or imagined. We asked Dave the property owner for a 50% refund and he generously agreed, so I'd say kudos to him. We paid $1650 for 6 nights.

Beyond that there's a market in the town across from the ferry, avoid all bread products there. Humidity and heat are friends of mold. Duffy's in the parking lot is a must, we did once or twice a day. The beach isn't even that nice, cats and iguanas everywhere = poop. Bring Off if you don't like mosquitos. Resort next door to Crystal cove, is run-down and deserted, restaurant was closed. Snorkeling out front is ok, bit murky, did see a turtle. Pool is stagnant water, wouldn't let my kid touch it.
Had dinners at the Ritz, the Marriott, worth it. This is not.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family