“Great place for fish”
Review of G&D Seafoods

G&D Seafoods
Reviewed 28 June 2016

People think that since we are on an island the "local" fish will be fresh, readily available and abundant...but that is just not the case.
This family business get the best of both ...good quality local fish as available and fish flown in from Miami throughout the week. We buy most fish for our charter yachts from them each week. He can special order you just about anything you can imagine.
Waiting to pick up our fish orders I often see the lunch crowd come in and the kitchen turns out the best dine in/take out fish dishes in the area. Give them a try ... You won't be disappointed !!

1  Thank betty J

Reviewed 18 June 2016

Oh WOW!! I am so happy we finally made it to G&D!! The fish we had here was the best I have had in a very long while, definitely the best here on island and perhaps the best I have had anywhere...my husband and I were both super impressed!

We decided to try G&D for a late lunch, and when we walked in there were two other groups in the restaurant. We were seated and our order was taken, and we waited....and waited...and waited. The only drawback of G&D is the time it takes to get your food, it took about an hour for us. However when we got our food it was definitely worth the wait. AMAZING quality seafood!

We both ordered the steamed mahi, mine was in a curry sauce over rice and my husband's was in a lemon butter sauce over rice. They were both absolutely fantastic! The mahi was prepared perfectly, the sauces were flavorful, and even the rice was outstanding! Our side dishes were plantains and coleslaw, and the plantains were good, but the coleslaw.....OMG!!! Some of the best coleslaw I have ever had! I could have eaten a huge bowl of it, it was amazing! Definitely get the coleslaw as a side!

They also have local drinks here too, I got Sorrel, and it is very good. Tastes like Christmas, its wonderful.

The prices are rather high, but here at G&D you definitely get what you pay for, and their food is quality, quality, quality! We will definitely be back and I can't wait to try the other seafood items on their menu, as I am sure they are just as exquisite as the mahi!

1  Thank TropikalParadize
Reviewed 15 June 2016

It was hard to find but highly recommended by some locals. The beast meal on St Thomas the whole week. Creole sauce on the Mahi was great and lots of fresh veggies. Kids got the shrimp scampi and were very happy. The waitress was shy and quiet but took good care of us. Just down from airport so take it in before you fly out.

1  Thank baysideuph
Reviewed 9 March 2016

G&D can do no wrong with me. I was happy to sit in there two days last month while I rested/waited for my Snapper/Lobster and Grouper/Snapper creations to be fulfilled. I left stuffed and overjoyed with the various elements of seasoning, taste, heat, and texture of my treats. The owners were friendly and made so many sales of their fresh seafood to folks that wanted to take it home and do it themselves.

1  Thank TERRENCE M
Reviewed 24 February 2016

We kept it simple - fried shrimp for lunch. Very fresh shrimp, batter coated just right to keep it crunchy without overdoing in and getting in the way of the seafood. Sides dishes were fine but the seafood is what it's all about. The steady stream of take out customers just helped to confirm that they are a popular restaurant with the locals. I only wish we were on the island more than a day as St. Thomas was just one of our cruise destinations. It's a ten minute walk from the Crown Bay cruise ship dock.