Marriott's Frenchman's Cove(Charlotte Amalie)
US$399
Windward Passage Hotel(Charlotte Amalie)
US$139
Hotels.com
  • Pool
US$149
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Secret Harbour Beach Resort(Benner)(Great Value!)
US$286
TripAdvisor
US$225
US$203
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from these sites
Elysian Beach Resort(East End)
No availability for your dates from these sites
1,237 results
All reviewsheavenly dayslobster grillsunset cruiseall inclusive plangift shopall inclusive packagewater toysfamily ownedbeach frontrum punchlaid backbeach barst thomasbug spraysand fleasbeachfront roompaddle boards
Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

We had an awesome time at Bolongo Bay. The hotel room was very clean and had everything we needed. It wasn't loud, the A/C worked great (I even got cold overnight), and it was perfect. Highly recommend to anyone.

We did the all-inclusive and agreed it was worth it. The food at both restaurants was good. Go to the lobster grille for dinner, and save Iggie's for your casual lunches. Both restaurants have the same drink menu, and I'm pretty sure we had 1 of every drink they had on the menu. They were delicious!! I've never consumed so much rum. If you want something, they've got it. The steak, lobster tail and chimichurri at Lobster Grille were delicious. Bring an empty water bottle with you so that you can fill it up. We filled ours with ice, as regular water just turns warm within minutes. Fill it with ice and it'll melt into cold water! I regret not bringing an insulated cup with me for drinks. Everything melts and gets warm so quickly. They put everything in little plastic cups, which doesn't help. A metal or plastic insulated cup would've been great for all the daiquiris, so note to self- bring it next time!!

Take the time and go on the snorkel trip and the sunset cruise, and you won't regret it. Best time ever!!!! We had so much fun on the boat, the crew was unbelievably nice, and it was well worth the money. They give you unlimited drinks to help with the nerves of snorkeling if you haven't snorkeled before. I was nervous at first until I realized it was easy. We saw turtles and tons of fish, a sting ray, held a starfish and a bunch of other creatures. It was really cool. The sunset cruise was beautiful. It started to down pour, but if you're familiar with the islands, it rains for about 7 minutes and it's back to beautiful sunshine. The rain made the cruise even more fun. The cruise is also stacked with snacks and unlimited drinks.

The resort overall was perfect and just what we wanted. The staff was very nice, and despite the all-inclusive and tip being pre-included, we had some outstanding servers. We also had some crappy servers, but not the end of the world. As I read, the beach was very rocky. It's just the natural terrain of the bay. We bought water shoes at Walmart for $5 a pair prior to leaving, and we were thankful we did. Almost everyone had water shoes on. The water is incredibly warm, and there are floaties and fun things to do in the ocean and on the beach. Kayaks, paddlebaords, etc. We loved the beach.

Beware of the iguanas and don't feed them. They are used to people and people feeding them, but they will not leave you alone. I witnessed an iguana attack a woman's legs because she stopped giving it her drink. There also two cute little cats running around, they won't bother you.

It was also incredibly easy to get a taxi. They have a bellman at the front who had a taxi for us within minutes when we needed to get back to the airport. We also left the resort one day to go to Magen's Bay (highly recommend) and we had a taxi right away who was awesome. He came and picked us up from the beach as well.

All in all, I'd highly recommend the resort and I'd love to come back!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Rachel T
Reviewed 15 June 2017

From the moment we landed I knew this place was for me. We arrived at Bolongo Bay and were greeted with a smile and a drink. After a short walk to our beachfront room, we changed and headed for the beach (right out our back door). The week went by way too quickly. I can not wait to go back.

Room Tip: Try the beach front room, well worth the price.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Randy S
Reviewed 14 June 2017

We vacationed at Bolongo Bay Resort from 6-2 to 6-7, first some tings:

This resort is old and has some things about it that are not for everyone.
Little things like a door not working properly, small shower, small stains
here and there. If these kind of things bother you then it might not be the place for you. If you are like us they are meaningless and just add to the charm of the place

The staff here is terrific, they go out of their way to make your stay enjoyable.
We had 3 vegetarians in our group of 4 and my wife talked to Moody, the chef, the
first day we were there about it. He made a special shopping trip and every night
made special dinners for them. These were not just "Throw something together to
shut them up" dinners. Each one was thoughtfully prepared and my wife said were some of the most delicious meals she has ever had. It was recommended to us that before our next trip there we send them an email in advance so they can prepare. I being an omnivore ordered from the menu and everything I had was 4 or 5 star meals. Do not miss the scallops wrapped in prosciutto. They alone are worth the trip.

We also availed ourselves of the free kayaks, sailboats, and waterbikes. We were all-inclusive, which I recommend, so we also got a free sunset cruise that was very enjoyable. The manager Keith seems to be everywhere and will go out of his way
to help you, if needed. At the bar the drinks are all quality, with bottled beer such as
Heineken and Presidente and the bartender 007 is a fun and professional guy.

The beach is rocky but with water shoes it is fine and although the pool is on the small side it was never crowded so it felt bigger than it is. You can swim there late into the night. In addition to the main restaurant there is a fun beach bar, Iggys, that also serves quality food. Be aware that the portions both here and at the main restaurant are huge. The 1/2 pound burger is highly recommended. They also
have live entertainment here each night but we never went. It is a bit loud but we never heard it from our rooms.

In short this is a fun, inexpensive resort, with a great staff. Just don't expect new and shiny and you will have a blast

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
5  Thank Grump_II
Reviewed 9 June 2017

Amazing Captain and Crew! We went on the sunset cruise and it was beautiful. The boat was very clean and had plenty of room for everyone to have a great view. The crew were so much fun and the rum punch was an added bonus. Don't miss out on this great experience!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kristy L
Reviewed 8 June 2017

The rooms were nice, however, the television reception was horrible and the phone reception was poor. There were no amenities other than a few water sports, which is bad if you don't swim. The gift shop was small and very pricey. There was only one swimming pool for everybody. At the beach, there was a lot of sea kelp and rocks. Only 2 restaurants. The pictures show a beautiful view, false advertisement. However, the people were absolutely wonderful and friendly and the breakfast buffet was good. This resort is more family/couple oriented not for a single person.

Room Tip: Do not choose a room on floors 2 and 3 because there is no elevator.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends