Gallows Point Resort(Cruz Bay)(Great Value!)
US$385
US$375
St. John Inn(Cruz Bay)(Great Value!)
US$305
US$250
Estate Lindholm(Cruz Bay)(Great Value!)
US$250
US$245
US$204
Sebastian's on the Beach(Road Town)(Great Value!)
US$142
US$119
  • Beachfront
TripAdvisor
Cinnamon Bay(Virgin Islands National Park)
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
TripAdvisor
All reviewscaptain's quarterspot luckfish baywonderful hostsoutdoor showercaptain hankeach morningtree frogscruz baywonderful conversationkaren's breakfastspeaceful locationshort driveother guestswonderful daysday bedgreat breeze
Reviewed 30 July 2017

What a beautiful place. We stayed for two nights and I wish it could have been longer. This is a perfect getaway, in a quiet and tranquil location with nature all around but with the access of Cruz Bay just a ten minute drive. Friendly owners, nothing is too much trouble, everything you need is provided. I could keep writing, but to sum it up, AMAZING, AMAZING, AMAZING, we will be back.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Karen S, Owner at Treetops, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2017

Thank you Amanda! Now that you know where we are (and how easy it is to get from Tortola) you can come back another time - and hopefully I will be there next time. Hank said you were delightful guests and hopes you come back as well. Enjoy the rest of the summer!

Reviewed 29 July 2017

My family stayed at Treetops for two weeks, and it was beyond perfect. This is my third time staying at Treetops, but it was the first time that I stayed there with my wife and child. First, the basics. Treetops is a 10-15 minute drive from Cruz Bay. That short drive puts you in a calm, quiet, peaceful mountainside. We stayed in the Captain's Quarters, which has one queen bed and one full day bed. There is a 1/2 bathroom indoors, and a shower outdoors. There is a mini-kitchen, with a small fridge and a microwave oven. Everything is clean and well-organized. All of these factors are important, but they're not the reason you should stay at Treetops.

Stay because of Hank and Karen, the owners. Why have an anti-septic, superficial experience at a hotel, where the workers, even if they did want to talk to you, are probably prohibited or discouraged from doing so by corporate policy? Hank knows St. John (land and sea) like few other people. It's because of Hank that I know about the beach at Lameshur Bay, which is absolutely gorgeous and thankfully beyond what the masses are willing to do to get to a beach. Hank took us on an excursion aboard his boat, Pot Luck II, to a peaceful cove on a nearby island, where there is excellent snorkeling. In this cove, there's a boat that makes excellent pizza (that's not a typo). My little girl and wife swam in crystal clear water, and when everyone was hungry, we got pizza. Hank's landside restaurant recommendation was spot-on. Most importantly, Hank doted on my daughter, and listened to her as she explained her 4 year-old world time and again.

Karen is a wonderful person as well. Though she wasn't in St. John during this last stay, she checked in from time to time to make sure everything was alright. Who does that? During my previous stays, Karen was beyond attentive, and her homemade pastries had me anticipating breakfast as I went to sleep. Karen exudes tranquility and peace; you half expect her to levitate.

If you prefer connecting with the people who live in the places you visit, and with the place itself, Treetops is for you. During this last stay, we went to one of the resorts on the island to taste their gelato (the gelato was recommended by Hank). The gelato was great, but that canned, anti-septic, Fantasy Island feeling had me itching to get out of there as soon as we were done with the gelato.

I can't picture staying anywhere else on St. John.

Room Tip: All rooms have acess to the deck, offering a great view of the valley
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
kslodden, Owner at Treetops, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2017

Wow! Thanks for your very kind words Juan! As you know, we love St. John too, and we also know how important peoples' vacations are so we try to make it as special as possible. I'm so sorry to have missed you and your family, but I'm sure there will be a "next time". Thank you so much for choosing Treetops AGAIN, and we look forward to seeing you down the road.

Reviewed 24 June 2017

How do I love thee Treetops - let me count the ways. The chorus of birds singing all around you. The quiet, peaceful tranquility. The wonderful hosts Karen and Hank. The outdoor shower with the glistening rainbow in the morning. The beautiful long deep sleeps. The very comfortable and affordable Captain's Quarters. The wonderful snorkeling with Captain Hank. The fish barbecue and dinner for two outside under the stars at a special table for two. The romance, love and life in the air. A perfect vacation from the madness.

Room Tip: Just go and don't look back.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
kslodden, Owner at Treetops, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2017

Wow! Such poetic words! Thank you. It's always nice to hear that our guests love Treetops as much as we do. We know how important peoples' vacations are and we try our best to assure comfort, quality, economy and fun! Please come back and see us again.

Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

Stay with Karen and Hank if you can! everything is done exceptionally well. I had a great stay there and wish that I did not have to leave! They are wonderful hosts and are very warm and kind people, you will feel right at home. Their units all have private outdoor entrances so you feel like you have your own space, but there is also a very nice common area which is very well decorated and a great place to hang out. They are located a bit out of town in a peaceful forest on the mountain; good idea to have a car, or hitchhike if you're comfortable with it (which we did and loved, and met a lot of great people), but it can be a bit tough to get to otherwise. Walkable to good swims/snorkeling in Klein Bay and hiking. Great place to absorb St. John love and restore your soul.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
kslodden, Owner at Treetops, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2017

Thanks, Jason! We loved having you as a guest. and only wish your wife was able to join you. Good luck on your future travels, and come back and see us when you can!

Reviewed 4 May 2017

We just spent a fabulous week on St. John made even more perfect by our stay at Treetops! Despite liking off the beaten track places, I admit I was worried about the location and having to shower outside (we were staying in the Captain's Quarters). Well, the lovely part about traveling is it gives you the opportunity to adapt to your environment - and often that which is daunting at first becomes part of the experience. We loved the outdoors shower - my husband had bought a portable, collapsable lantern/night light from REI that we used in the shower at night as we often didn't get back until it was dark. My husband often took a beer out with him to the shower, that's how much he enjoyed the experience of showering under the stars with just the frogs and birds as company. And "mastering" the hilly and steep roads back and forth to town brings a great deal of satisfaction as well. By the end of our trip, we no longer needed to rely on GPS to find our way and my husband even attempted backing up the steep driveway twice...nerve wracking, to be sure, but doable! ;-) The Captain's Quarters were perfect for our family of three, very clean, comfortable and stocked with the necessities. It truly became our home away from home. But perhaps having Karen and Hank as our hosts made that even more true. From the wonderful breakfasts and morning conversations, to the relaxed and accommodating atmosphere of the b&b, you looked forward to going back there every evening and waking up there every morning! We feel blessed to have met such wonderful people and have had the opportunity to get a taste of island living thanks to their beautiful property, stories, advice and life philosophies! We are already planning our return next year - hopefully by then, the boat will be fixed and we can experience a day out on the water with Captain Hank! As we were leaving and I asked my eight year old if he hoped to go back, he said "yes!! It's the best place in the world!!" As Hank said, St. John is truly a healing island, good for the body and the soul, and our stay at Treetops made it even more magical and restorative!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Kathryn J
kslodden, Owner at Treetops, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2017

Wow. What lovely words! We definitely plan to seeing you guys again (made a little easier by the fact that we have the same hometown!) and truly hope you can make it back to take a boat ride on Pot Luck!