“Good food, but poor service and a dirty dining area will keep me from coming again.”
Review of Zero Sushi - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Zero Sushi
Price range: US$12 - US$30
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian
Good for: Bar Scene
Description: Traditional and creative sushi and pan-Asian entrees.
Reviewed 26 June 2013

My wife and I visit St. John several times each year and we love sushi, so we were excited to try the new Zero Sushi Restaurant near Cruz Bay. We both agreed that the majuro sushi was good along with a few different rolls. I even liked how fresh ginger was used instead of the fake pink stuff(wasabi was fake). However, even though it wasn't the servers fault, the service was poor. In fact, there was only one server for the evening and she had to take care of seven different parties including the bar. I felt there should have been three covering the dining area. Also, the dining area was dirty; the walls needed to be washed and the table was sticky. It made me think about how dirty the kitchen may have been. Overall the food was good, but because of the poor service and the lack of a clean dining area I will take a ferry over to Red Hook and eat sushi on St. Thomas.

Reviewed 5 February 2013

The kids wanted chicken fried rice and sweet and sour chicken. When we went to pick up our food, the staff was a little odd. For $45 for fried rice and sweet and sour chicken, we were expecting really good food. The kids wouldn't even eat it because the white rice was so dry that it was stuck together. The fried rice was just ok and the sweet and sour was tasteless. My husband, who eats anything ended up eating it because we wouldn't.

Reviewed 4 February 2013

We went to Zero Sushi expecting good sushi and Asian food in a tranquil setting, and were greeted by loud 60's rock, not conducive to a peaceful dinner. We started with tuna sushi and vegetable tempura. The sushi was fine, but the tempura was just ok, the vegetables were limp and overcooked. This was followed by chicken and mixed vegetable stir fry. The vegetables were over cooked and were served with a very heavy salty brown sauce, which overwhelmed the favors of the chicken and vegetables.

Reviewed 14 November 2012

9 of us went for dinner with very high expectations and all of us were dissapointed. sushi was ok satays were ok and the cocktails were also just ok I give it a 5 out of 10

Reviewed 7 August 2012

My family and I were on vacation 2 weeks ago on St. John, & were wildly impressed with the new sushi restaurant in the marketplace! We stumbled in for lunch one afternoon after a trip to the pharmacy, & were delighted to find a mix of all the great "traditional" American rolls plus a plethora of original rolls & ridiculously delicious hot food. We broke our usual "1 restaurant per trip" rule & made it to zero 3 times in the 9 days were were in the usvi. Highlights included local snapper, fried green banana chips, the best ahi tuna I have ever had ever, and a general tsaos chicken that would rival any china town from here to San Fran. Can't say enough about these folks, definitely doing something right!