“Great Food!”

Zero Sushi
Price range: US$12 - US$30
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian
Good for: Bar Scene
Description: Traditional and creative sushi and pan-Asian entrees.
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We got vegetable spring rolls, my husband got sushi and I got the tofu stir-fry. Great presentation and very good quality food.

Reviewed 26 June 2013

My wife and I visit St. John several times each year and we love sushi, so we were excited to try the new Zero Sushi Restaurant near Cruz Bay. We both agreed that the majuro sushi was good along with a few different rolls. I even liked how fresh ginger was used instead of the fake pink stuff(wasabi was fake). However, even though it wasn't the servers fault, the service was poor. In fact, there was only one server for the evening and she had to take care of seven different parties including the bar. I felt there should have been three covering the dining area. Also, the dining area was dirty; the walls needed to be washed and the table was sticky. It made me think about how dirty the kitchen may have been. Overall the food was good, but because of the poor service and the lack of a clean dining area I will take a ferry over to Red Hook and eat sushi on St. Thomas.

Reviewed 5 February 2013

The kids wanted chicken fried rice and sweet and sour chicken. When we went to pick up our food, the staff was a little odd. For $45 for fried rice and sweet and sour chicken, we were expecting really good food. The kids wouldn't even eat it because the white rice was so dry that it was stuck together. The fried rice was just ok and the sweet and sour was tasteless. My husband, who eats anything ended up eating it because we wouldn't.

Reviewed 4 February 2013

We went to Zero Sushi expecting good sushi and Asian food in a tranquil setting, and were greeted by loud 60's rock, not conducive to a peaceful dinner. We started with tuna sushi and vegetable tempura. The sushi was fine, but the tempura was just ok, the vegetables were limp and overcooked. This was followed by chicken and mixed vegetable stir fry. The vegetables were over cooked and were served with a very heavy salty brown sauce, which overwhelmed the favors of the chicken and vegetables.

Reviewed 14 November 2012

9 of us went for dinner with very high expectations and all of us were dissapointed. sushi was ok satays were ok and the cocktails were also just ok I give it a 5 out of 10