“Great for lunch”

The Banana Deck
Ranked #21 of 61 Restaurants in Cruz Bay
Price range: US$0 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Caribbean
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Aloha and welcome to The Banana Deck, home of the Big Deck Burger! Located in downtown Cruz Bay on St. John, we offer a full menu of casual Caribbean cuisine and American classics! We're all about providing good food and good service in a great atmosphere to bring our customers the best experience!
Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

This is a popular spot. It was too crowded when we tried to go for dinner, so we went back for lunch on our way to the beach Best conch fritters on the island!

Reviewed 25 July 2017

We ate dinner here one night while in St John. Nice atmosphere and food was very good. They are known for their ribeyes and special butter to go on them. They gorgonzola butter was best! It is covered, so while it rained, we had nice dinner

Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

We took our rental vehicle on the car ferry from St. Thomas to spend a day on St. John. After a great morning & early afternoon of snorkeling & beach hopping, we worked up quite the appetite. We wanted a quiet place with a view for lunch and just lucked out to pick The Banana Deck.

The service was fantastic and the drinks were original & delicious. Highly recommend the Lime In De Coconut and the Banana Daiquiri. I took a break from fresh seafood and ordered the burger after hearing it was homemade from fresh beef. My wife had a terrible frozen patty version at Margaritaville earlier in the trip so I was cautious.

Burger was cooked to your preference and mine came out a perfect medium just like I ordered. Endless toppings but I went with blue cheese & bacon. One of the juiciest and most delicious burgers I ever had. The French fries were fantastic as well. My wife and teenage daughters loved their meals as well. I highly recommend seeking out this hidden gem.

Reviewed 25 July 2017

Really enjoyed the Banana Deck. My wife had ribeye that was one of the best steaks she's had in a long time. My chicken was really good too. Only one complaint was that the soda was watery. But the service was great. Had the fried banana cheesecake dessert and it was worth every calorie! Give this place a try.

Reviewed 15 July 2017

Very surprised that the food here was as good as it was. Very casual, always packed, definitely a great place to have a meal or do some takeout.