Coconut Coast Villas
St. John Inn(Cruz Bay)(Great Value!)
US$330
Cruz Bay Boutique Hotel(Cruz Bay)(Great Value!)
US$244
  • Breakfast included
Estate Lindholm(Cruz Bay)(Great Value!)
US$305
US$266
Travelocity
Gallows Point Resort(Cruz Bay)(Great Value!)
US$463
Hotwire.com
Secret Harbour Beach Resort(Benner)(Great Value!)
US$286
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe managerssound of the wavesbeach chairsrum cakest johnrocky beachshort walkginger thomasresidential neighborhoodon the rockssalt pondnoodlescar ferriesorchid suitethe kitchenlaundry roomwonderful hosts
Reviewed 28 November 2011

We stayed here for the first four nights of our trip and then we tested out the Westin St. John Resort for two nights. Let’s just say that for future visits to St. John, we will only stay at Coconut Coast Villas! It was the perfect “home base” location for exploring the island. Here’s what we loved most: Frank & Mickey were so welcoming and helpful. Each day Frank would greet us and help us map out our day. It was like having a personal guide to the island. When we returned after a day of snorkeling and hiking, he’d welcome us home and give us restaurant recommendations. Our oceanfront studio with full kitchen was very affordable compared to competing villas/resorts on St. John. The money we saved allowed us to rent a jeep for the entire trip (which we parked directly in front of the villa - free parking spot). This was a great location - we walked to Gallows Point, Wharfside, and Cruz Bay. We also had easy access to all main roads for exploring the island by jeep. We loved the free wifi internet access, backpack beach chairs, swim noodles, and a cooler for packing picnics. The gorgeous oceanfront view and soothing sounds of lapping waves were also nice perks. Some things we appreciated but didn’t use this time were the laundry facilities, pool, hot tub, and gas grill.

Our top 3 favorite restaurants on this trip were:
1. ZoZo’s (sunset dinner upstairs at bar level)
2. Morgan’s Mango
3. Skinny Legs

Our top 3 favorite snorkeling spots were:
1. Waterlemon Cay
2. Pelican Rock
3. Cinnamon Cay

Snorkeling side note: I started this trip as a beginner snorkeler, but once I got the right equipment, I had the confidence to venture out like a pro. I highly recommend the Aqua Lung Impulse Dry (or Total Dry) Snorkel, which has a special round valve at the top that makes it impossible to inhale ocean water. Buy one before your trip - it's lightweight and easy to pack. Also make sure you find a mask that fits your face (and buy anti-fog gel). My first mask leaked terribly and the nose piece kept filling with water, which was scary for a beginner.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank wisconsin_foodie_150
Reviewed 15 November 2011

My husband and I went to St. John for my father-in-laws wedding a couple of weeks ago. I was amazed at how friendly and hospitable Frank was. Everytime we left for the day he would come out of his office and ask us what we were doing and gave us great advice on places to snorkel and restrauts to visit. When we would pull up in the drive way, he would come out and greet us and ask how our day was. One day we all came in from the beach and graciously helped us out by doing a load of laundry for us while we rested and ate lunch. He made our stay at St. John's rememberable. I highly highly recommend staying here when you visit the USVI.

Room Tip: If you are going with a large group, reseve the 3 bedroom condo. There are 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and a large kitchen and living room.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Brittani T
Reviewed 24 August 2011

Where to begin.... I guess the first thing that struck me was the kindness of the hosts, Mickey and Frank. From the moment my girlfriend and I arrived, they were the most accomodating and helpful individuals one could hope for while on vacation. That said, the second most spectacular thing about staying @ Coconut Coast was the view from the room. It overlooked the entrance to a nearby harbor as well as the pool and featured our own balcony with table and chairs (which would come in handy for when we later had our fruity island cocktails). The bed was comfortable and the room was clean and cozy. When we went out for the day, Mickey and Frank furnished us with complimentary coolers and beach chairs after first showing us where to go on the map and recommending the top snorkling spots, of course. Some of the top spots were: Zozo's for a sunset dinner, a hike out to Solomon bay and a relaxing/ upscale day on the beach at Caneel Bay. I didn't want to leave, but when I come back again, I have no plans to stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank ResponsiBill
Reviewed 20 August 2011

I write this as I'm wearing my Sloop Jones shirt and typing on my laptop resting on a beautiful island table runner made by Mickey! We stayed in a two bedroom unit with our teenage and adult sons for six days. It was just perfect for our family and the location was great! It was very clean, a descent size, and spacious. Frank and Mickey were always friendly and offered suggestions about what we shouldn't miss when we told them our plans for the day. (hence, the shirt!) We loved our day at the BVI they offered to book for us while we were out for the day. It was a wonderful vacation filled with great snorkeling, seafood, hospitality, and memories!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank raynorshine2011
Reviewed 11 August 2011

We stayed here for 4 nights and wished it was longer! We stayed in Lily apartment which had a mezzanine with a bed for our son. It was more spacious than expected with a lovely balcony overlooking the sea. We enjoyed the small pool and hot tun. Frank was a mine of information about the local area. We loved everything about our stay on St John and hope to return next year.

• Stayed: July 2011