“Hospitable Hosts on a Special Island”

Cruz Bay Boutique Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Cruz Bay
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 22 October 2017

I spent nearly 3 weeks with my Red Cross teammates on the island of St John immediately after Hurricanes Irma and Maria swept through the Caribbean. David, the owner of Cruz Bay Boutique Hotel, was incredibly welcoming to our team. He went over and above normal expectations to ensure we were well cared for and had the resources we needed to do our work on the island. He also made connections for us with the community and he advocated for the work we were doing.

The hotel is located only one block from the ferry terminal. More importantly, this small hotel has only 11 rooms so there is an opportunity to get to know other guests and chat with the local community about how best to experience the island of St John. David took time to tell us the history of St John and recommend places to visit and restaurants to frequent. There is a welcoming veranda on this hotel which invited all guests to visit and get to know each other in the morning and evening hours. The rooms are well equipped with comfortable beds and air conditioning for those hot/humid nights. Coffee each morning at 5:45am was an absolute treat.

The unique nature of the small, family-run establishment made our entire team feel like we were in a place that values our varied personalities and interests in the Virgin Islands. As someone who does a lot of solo travel, this is the sort of place I cherish. It has an island feel with the comforts of home, yet there is the opportunity to completely leave your stress behind and take in all that is calm and peaceful on the island. The beaches are some of the best I have seen, and I look forward to returning to hike in the national park.

I will definitely return to the island of St John and Cruz Bay Hotel is the only place I would consider staying. As I write this review from the comfort of my home in Minnesota, I am missing the camaraderie and peace of St John, in addition to the hospitality of David and Denise.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank tmoerbitz

Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the Cruz Bay Boutique Hotel for one night after taking the ferry over from St. Thomas. The hotel is in a wonderful location in the heart of town, close to many great bars and restaurants. David, the owner, was gracious and hospitable from the minute we arrived. Our room was charmingly decorated and spotlessly clean. The complimentary breakfast in the morning was delicious, as well. Overall, a fantastic experience we would recommend to anyone looking for the perfect place to stay in St. John.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2017

For completely selfish reasons, I'm conflicted about giving a glowing review of the Cruz Bay Boutique Hotel. Shhh... It's awesome but don't tell anybody! Denise and David were beyond nice (and helpful) and the rooms are spotlessly clean. I'm already planning my next visit!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank TheoMassapequa
Reviewed 10 August 2017

David and Denise are wonderful hosts with a very clean and pleasant hotel. I came to St.John to Kayak and Scuba and being right in Cruz Bay was wonderful for these activities as well as being an easy walk to the restaurants and bars a couple blocks away. The rooms are smallish but I didn't come to St. John to sit in my room and so the room size was almost irrelevant for my purposes. It was clean and mostly quiet. (Friday and Saturday can be a bit noisy with revelers but I had a white noise machine that drowned out all but the loudest.) Tip: there is one room on the top floor that is divided into a bedroom and a sitting/living room as well as a small kitchen. Perfect for a family with a couple of kids. The continental breakfast provided was wonderful for a quick bite (yogurt, coffee, instant oatmeal packets, and zucchini or banana bread that looked and tasted homemade). The covered deck immediately adjacent to the office/breakfast serving area has comfy seating to enjoy breakfast or whenever you'd like some place to relax outside. there is no parking at the hotel but check around with a few auto rental agencies and they may let you leave a rental in their parking lot overnight. I used Conrad Sutton right next door and he was flexible with this. It was the off season though so I can't attest to high season and parking. I look forward to coming back with my wife and kids and will definitely stay here.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank chrismccmobs
Reviewed 10 August 2017

My fourth visit to the magical island of St. John! This was my first time to stay in town, and I could not have picked a better hotel! Denise and David are wonderful hosts, and they provided me with great tips and restaurant recommendations. I was traveling solo, and I felt perfectly comfortable at their hotel! The location is also very convenient if you are not renting a car! The trip was amazing, and I can't wait for a return stay at their hotel! Will highly recommend it!!!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
0.4 km away
Gallows Point Resort
Gallows Point Resort
#3 of 4 in Cruz Bay

Been to Cruz Bay Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!