“Gone , disparu nada”

Price range: US$10 - US$32
Cuisines: Barbecue, Malaysian, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Serving Funky Southeast Asian Inspired Cuisine!We serve our food in an unconventional manner, where there are no appetizers or entrees. The food comes out of the kitchen as it is prepared by the Chef. Therefore, we recommend ordering several dishes off of the menu and encourage sharing. Our cuisine is made up of locally sourced ingredients when available. Our flavor profiles are comprised of spice, sweet, sour, salty, and savory. Our cocktails are just as flavorful and as interesting as our cuisine. All of our wines were sourced from Michael Skurnik Wines and were hand-picked by Michael himself. The wines were selected to complement the wide variety of flavors in our cuisine and they were shipped in temperature controlled containers to ensure the integrity of the wines.We believe this style of dining creates an intimate, comfortable, and fun atmosphere. We serve sophisticated dishes in an unpretentious manner.If you are a diner looking for a traditional dining experience, there are lots of other great restaurants on island, come in for a drink and we'll recommend a few.Live well and be happy!
Reviewed 3 May 2015

Closed ... Tooo $$$$$$ and precious for st John ...more $ than their NYC place ! Odd combinations ..

Reviewed 27 April 2015

My husband chose Fatty Crab for his birthday night out. I called a day in advance and their answering machine said to leave a message for reservations which I did. I got no call back. I tried calling again the next day and again left a message. Since sometimes people, including restaurants, get a bit laid back in the islands we figured they were not handling their call backs well. So we took a chance. Since we live on St Thomas four of drove to the docks and paid for parking, then paid for the ferry to St John that evening. When we got there the doors of the restaurant were closed. A local taxi cab driver who was on the street corner told us that the restaurant had closed as their lease was up. Although this restaurant seemed to have a very active following and the closing is unexpected I guess things happen. But I feel it was inconsiderate to leave the message machine on taking reservations.

Reviewed 19 April 2015

This is our fourth year dining at the Fatty Crab. It is my son's favorite place on St. John. We would suggest sharing a number of small plates, and forget the entrees. Understand that dishes will come out when they are done, so eat family style as dishes appear. Very interesting cocktails. I love the Chupacabra.

Reviewed 15 April 2015

3rd time visiting over as many years. Food was great as usual in mid March. Recent reviewers gave poor reviews, wonder if the rumor i heard that they were closing is true?

Reviewed 13 April 2015 via mobile

Atmosphere was very nice. Patio dinning, clean and very stylish.
Service seemed not up to St. John's speed. Interesting drink selection and did enjoy several of those. Sushi rolls seemed over priced and were average in tasted. Probably won't return.