“Don't miss Cool Desires!”
Review of Cool Desires

Cool Desires
Ranked #3 of 3 Dessert in Cruz Bay
Reviewed 13 April 2018

When you walk from town to Mongoose Junction, you'll pass this GEM of a place for ice cream and drinks. Philomen is possibly the kindest, most pleasant woman on this amazing island. She welcomed my children and genuinely held conversations with each one of them and remembered us every time we drove by (and called out the window to her) and walked by her shop.The ice cream was fantastic and the drinks??? Oh my word - she makes the BEST Painkiller on the island. HANDS DOWN. We really loved Philomen, and we can't wait to go back to see her, she definitely was one of the highlights of our vacation.

Reviewed 10 May 2017

Philomen made me a drink called a Painkller. A delicious rum drink with a "secret ingredient". I don't need to know what it is. I only know for me it's the equivalent of three beers (four light beers). Besides that, Philomen could be a character straight out of Cool Runnings. Quintessential island matriarch. You gotta go.

Reviewed 23 April 2017

The line at St. John Scoops was insane so we walked here instead - what a treat! The ice cream was good, and I heard from others that the drinks are the best on the island. What really made it fun was the two ladies (owners?) there - we started chatting with them and they could not have been sweeter. I'll be back for one of their famous painkillers!

Reviewed 26 February 2017 via mobile

Love Cool Desires! The woman who owns it couldn't be sweeter, and she makes killer cocktails. This was our go-to place. Not to be missed!

Reviewed 17 January 2017

Decided to get a smoothie here since we were walking back to the ferry from Mongoose Junction. My husband got mango and I got strawberry lemonade, each smoothie was $7, so a total of $14 for both....which is rather pricey but OK if they are good, tasty smoothies....well they were hardly phenomenal, in fact just average to fair, the flavors were rather bland and tasted watered-down. So yeah, definitely overpriced and somewhere I wouldn't really come back to. The best part about this place is its location, they do have a couple of tables with chairs where you can sit and people watch which is nice, however with so many places around the Cruz Bay area to get smoothies, my recommendation would be to try somewhere else!