“Food and Service”

Cuisines: Grill
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed 13 August 2017

First of all I need to say we have been to the fish fry three times, eating at three different restaurants....this restaurant was in my opinion was poor and this is why.....the food was good BUT....the gentleman on the sidwalk recruiting customers was real nice and we decided to go here this time to eat....it should have been a dead giveaway that there were no other diners in the place but we decide to give it a try anyway. The meal as I said was good...all the restaurants menus at the fish fry state that a 15% gratuity is included in the price,,,,we eat our meal, go to pay, and this guy hits us up for the 15% gratuity saying it is not included in the price...I did question this and he was insistent...Instead of arguing I gave in and paid but told him I would never be back and I would spread the word.....stay AWAY from this restaurant........

Reviewed 9 January 2017

We took a private tour and the driver took us here. I ate the Seafood platter. My dinner was very good with large portions. I was a little disappointed that the fish was not fried. It may have stated this in the menu. I just took the lead from our driver and ordered it. The fish came out wrapped in foil like it was semi broiled.

We ate the Fried Conk and the Fried Shrimp Dinner. All dishes came with a traditional rice and Plantains. You can't go wrong with the Conk. Shrimp were very large and fried perfect. We love plantains, so this was a plus for us. Conk salad was very good, although it was full of very strong onions. I did take some photos, however, we ate a little before the pictures we were starving.

And now for the Cons: No cocktail sauce offered, only something like a tarter sauce and hot sauce. Service was about average if your use to island service, Sloooow. Our dinner took at least one hour + to get. I will say we arrived when it opened and may have played apart in our service. The staff was friendly and met most of our request. If your eating during the winter, be sure to take a jacket or you will freeze on the deck. We ate on 12/31/16 and the weather was cool out of the sun. Dinner for 6 with tip was $131.00 I rated this restaurant not good for lunch only because you might be late if your food takes a while. The food was great. We also took our own beer in with no problem. Band was setting up as we were leaving. Mixed drinks and beer was available there. I was not happy with the restroom. The faucet handle was broken on both sides. I had to use my hand on the valve to wash my hands. The restroom was otherwise clean with soap and towels.

Reviewed 1 January 2017 via mobile

Good place to eat fresh fish. We sat outside, which was quite windy and as everjwhere overhere, rather noisy too: music playing loudly. Loved the coleslaw, nice big garden salad and enjoyed the red wine (a nice easy merlot). Pity we were the only guests on New Year's Eve....

Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

As a group, our new favorite restaurant when we travel to Nassau's Fish Fry is Seafood Haven. Sitting on the far west end closest to Arawak Cay, the outdoor dining area had million dollar views of the water and the setting sun. The ten of us arrived shortly after 7 pm, mid-week, and occupied a group of center tables. There were couples at the bar and in two other booths. The two-man Caribbean style band was playing Sinatra and other American standards, and would do so in two sets over the 2 plus hours we dined. Our orders ranged from Fried Snapper to Grilled Grouper (common at the Fish Fry), which at least 5 of us feasted on. It didn't take longer than 35-40 mins to get served after our orders were taken by the very friendly staff. Wrapped in foil, the sizable dinner portion of grouper, with sliced onions, bell peppers, and plantains came out juicy (about 10 teaspoons), tender and oh so delicious. Besides the brown rice, it comes with a good variety of two sides; I had the fried plantains and potato salad. Our total bill was less than $350 (mixed drinks including some exotic ones and a variety of local and non-local beers). When we finished, everyone was very satisfied and completely impressed, hence the proclamation that Seafood Haven was our new Fish Fry favorite.

Reviewed 7 September 2016

We ate here the night before leaving the Bahamas and we were so glad that we tried it! All of the taxi drivers told us to try Andros which was good but not as good as Seafood Haven. The atmosphere as well as the food was the best that we had in Nassau. You can sit outside overlooking the water with some amazing food! It is a little more pricey than some of the other places at the fish fry but definitely worth it!

1  Thank daniel c