“Rustic - but delicious ”
Review of Seafood Haven

Seafood Haven
Ranked #79 of 291 Restaurants in Nassau
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Grill
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

At the end of Fish Fry locale super nice people. We had grilled grouper which is actually in a foil packet with plantains, sweet peppers, onions and tomatoes. Served with fresh lime. Takes a while to get the food but it is excellent for $18. Served with local sides, rice and peas, salad or more plantains, fries and coleslaw. Very large portions. This restaurant has only outdoor seating on a canal. Had pleasant bluesy music playing. Can't get any fresher than this. Snapper is also an excellent choice. Worth a trip.

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Our friend, who frequents the Bahamas, brought us to this nugget. He forewarned us that there wasn't a/c and it's not going to be quick or efficient service; however the food is phenomenal and he was absolutely correct.
First, they pull and shuck the conch right from the dock. Great casual dining spot and laid back atmosphere.
You're on Bahamas time so if you're looking for quick service, don't come here but if you want true Bahamanian flavors and you have time, don't pass up this gem!

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

We wanted to eat at the Fish Fry during our vacation, but weren't sure which restaurant. Our taxi driver recommended this place. The food was delicious! We sat outside on a covered patio, enjoying a slight afternoon breeze. It wasn't crowded, but it could have been the time of day we went. The food was so good! We tried conch fritters, which were pretty good. The grouper was amazing! Definitely recommend. I recommend you take enough cash to cover the check.

Reviewed 13 August 2017

First of all I need to say we have been to the fish fry three times, eating at three different restaurants....this restaurant was in my opinion was poor and this is why.....the food was good BUT....the gentleman on the sidwalk recruiting customers was real nice and we decided to go here this time to eat....it should have been a dead giveaway that there were no other diners in the place but we decide to give it a try anyway. The meal as I said was good...all the restaurants menus at the fish fry state that a 15% gratuity is included in the price,,,,we eat our meal, go to pay, and this guy hits us up for the 15% gratuity saying it is not included in the price...I did question this and he was insistent...Instead of arguing I gave in and paid but told him I would never be back and I would spread the word.....stay AWAY from this restaurant........

Reviewed 9 January 2017

We took a private tour and the driver took us here. I ate the Seafood platter. My dinner was very good with large portions. I was a little disappointed that the fish was not fried. It may have stated this in the menu. I just took the lead from our driver and ordered it. The fish came out wrapped in foil like it was semi broiled.

We ate the Fried Conk and the Fried Shrimp Dinner. All dishes came with a traditional rice and Plantains. You can't go wrong with the Conk. Shrimp were very large and fried perfect. We love plantains, so this was a plus for us. Conk salad was very good, although it was full of very strong onions. I did take some photos, however, we ate a little before the pictures we were starving.

And now for the Cons: No cocktail sauce offered, only something like a tarter sauce and hot sauce. Service was about average if your use to island service, Sloooow. Our dinner took at least one hour + to get. I will say we arrived when it opened and may have played apart in our service. The staff was friendly and met most of our request. If your eating during the winter, be sure to take a jacket or you will freeze on the deck. We ate on 12/31/16 and the weather was cool out of the sun. Dinner for 6 with tip was $131.00 I rated this restaurant not good for lunch only because you might be late if your food takes a while. The food was great. We also took our own beer in with no problem. Band was setting up as we were leaving. Mixed drinks and beer was available there. I was not happy with the restroom. The faucet handle was broken on both sides. I had to use my hand on the valve to wash my hands. The restroom was otherwise clean with soap and towels.