“Great local restaurant”

Price range: US$4 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Bahamian
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: Bahamian Cookin Restaurant & Bar is Nassau's oldest Bahamian Restaurant,specializing in authentic Bahamian Cuisine.Owned and operated by 3 generations of Bahamian women, this local establishment has been providing Bahamians and tourists with flavorful Bahamian Cuisine for over 29 years.
Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

We found this place wandering around shopping and IT WAS FABULOUS. my husband and I are traveling with 6 teenage girls. They were all happy with their food. I had the grouper fingers and they were the best I have ever had (and I really like good fiod and am sort of a “fish snob.”! Not a super fancy environment but very clean and the staff was nice. I highly recommend it.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 7 July 2018

Well, we walked through the city looking for a place to eat and we found the Bahamian Cookin Restaurant. Prices are low compared to other restaurants, especially on Paradise Island. The food was good nothing fancy more traditional. Staff was very friendly, and overall a good service. Lunch was prepared fast. Usually I'm a bit sensitive to food, in this case nothing happend, so I assume its a safe place which I can honestly recommend. For those who look for more deluxe place, well don't go.

4  Thank swingtrader
Reviewed 30 June 2018

Great food, good service, and very important, clean, well tended bathrooms. The restaurant will book dinners for large groups, just give them a couple of days advanced notice.

2  Thank lalastcorosama472018
Reviewed 30 June 2018

I found this on Trip Advisor and our family decided to try something different after dozens of trips to Nassau. It was delightful! It was clean and the food and portions were great. Prices reasonable. Two of us shared the seafood platter which came with peas and rice and two sides. It was 24.50 which included the VAT. it was plenty. Not open for dinner so take a break from the sun and visit them for lunch. Closed on Sundays and holidays.

1  Thank Donna B
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

We found this place following a sign in downtown Nassau. The prices were very reasonable for Nassau and inside it looked clean. Its right across the street from the beautiful Bahamian Central Bank. My fried chicken was delicious but the chicken tenders were your standard run-of-the-mill chicken fingers. The waitress mixed up our sides so my wife and I had to swap entrees to get our orders on the correct plate. The waitress did not wait for my wife to finish pointing it out before interrupting her to tell her it was correct. Overall, the wait time was good, the portion size was great, and the food tasted great.