“Excellent getaway for the money!!”

Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas
Ranked #4 of 37 Hotels in Nassau
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 10 March 2012

After reading some negative reviews before travel, I was unsure of what to expect....wow, I was pleasantly surprised!! Everyone was exceptionally nice from our free airport shuttle to housekeeping to entertainment staff. This is not a 5 star resort but they do not advertise that they are. So those persons "bashing" things that seem minut should've booked an actual 5 star resort. Breezes is a 3-4 star resort but the staff were all 5 star!!! We never felt like we needed to tip anyone ever! This resort is fairly low key w/entertainment if you choose but was definitely relaxing & enjoyable. We stayed 6 days & the only complaint is the dining issues w/Martinos & GOE.....def hard to get reservations. Overall, we enjoyed our stay & definitely plan on returning!

• Stayed: February 2012
5  Thank titaNc

Reviewed 10 March 2012

It's been a while since we went but any thoughts that I still have must have made an impression.

Arrival was fine, transport to the hotel although seemingly chaotic and disorganized actually worked and we were soon having a nice cold drink whilst waiting to check in.

Yes it's not Sandals but you're not paying their prices. I found it good value for all inclusive in the Bahamas. It is very popular with American Spring breakers and they are loud but compared to Brits of a similar age they behaved like angels.

We paid extra for a beach front room and though we didn't ask for it we got ground floor which had patio doors directly onto the beach with our own sun loungers. It directly overlooked the trapeze but that was entertaining when it was being used. The beach front rooms on the upper floors only have tiny balconies only enough room to stand. Can't remember much about the room inside but to be honest for me it was just a bed. I did get "locked out" of the room one day our key stopped working as did the maid's. Took a locksmith to sort it, took a few hours but thankfully my wife was outside the room on the beach and we could use the patio doors.

You can't go hungry here as it seems you can eat something virtually 24 hours a day. During the main meals we ate mostly lunch at the pool, nice jerk chicken and conch fritters etc. Food in the main buffet at evening meal was varied (could have been a bit warmer) had some interesting Brazilian dishes (I think), I'm not a very fussy eater so I always found something to please. I did have a fantastic spagbol one lunch in there, so good in fact I took some more to eat on the beach.

The main hotel bar can be extremely busy of an evening and noisy, but never had to wait too long for a drink. Can't comment on variety of drinks as I only drink beer (OK), wife only drinks wine (again OK). Did try one cocktail just to say I'd had one, something called a Goombay Smash, which was tasty but a bit strong for me. The pool bar was interesting, there were very long queues most of the time, but on the first day a security guard tapped us on the shoulder and told us to go to the left hand side of the queue and you'll get served.
Thought this was a nice touch, seems anyone who's not of spring break age gets a preferential service (all unofficial).

Entertainment was ok, best was the parade through hotel in their parade dresses playing instruments, that was very impressive.

Was quite happy to sit around the hotel but did go to Nassau a couple of times,and took the water taxi to the Atlantis just to have a look round and went on the beach at the Riu next door.

Found the Bahamians to be very friendly people always say hello on the streets and happy to help with information. Had a great time and would certainly go back but perhaps when the spring breakers are not there.

Room Tip: Ground floor beach front room opens onto the beach
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
8  Thank LincolnKev
resortgmNassau, General Manager at Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2012

Dear Guest,
Thahk you for your review of SuperClubs Breezes Bahamas.It is good to note that in the main your vacation was in keeping with expectations.We pride ourselves on providing a quality for all of our visitors and are pleased that you enjoyed your visit.
Ideally we will have the pleasure of hsoting you again.

Reviewed 10 March 2012

My husband and I stayed at Breezes Bahamas 2/26/12 – 3/4/12. We had a group of 33 people travel with us for our ‘weddingmoon.’ It was the most amazing time of our lives.
Staff: First off, it’s the staff that truly makes this resort amazing! From the moment you arrive in the Bahamas you are treated like royalty. We never had to push/carry/pull our bags (thanks to Colyn). Any question you ask is promptly answered and with a smile.
Wedding: A big thank you goes out to Yasmine our wedding coordinator. She was absolutely amazing and answered my every question, and primarily at my beckon call right up until and after the wedding. The décor, ceremony, cocktail hour, and overall atmosphere of the wedding were amazing. The only thing I wish was that there was a run through before the wedding to avoid some awkward moments.
Entertainment: This is where this resort scores a12 out of 10! I am not a vacationer that lies on a chair all day doing nothing, but that was available for those who enjoy it. They had activities going on every day; anyone of any age group could participate in activities such as trapeze to horse shoe tossing. Although I will say Tuesday night at the disco can get a little bit crazy! The entertainment staff is amazing and take time to get to know people at the resort! Shout out to KJ, Tiff, Jared, and Nevaro! They all have amazing sense of humor and even come up with nicknames, mine being Chyna and my husband’s being Goliath!
Food & Drinks: I am one of the pickiest eaters you will ever meet in your life, I don’t eat seafood or veggies, etc. But I cannot complain about one meal at the resort. My favorite food was a burger, but their beef was fabulous, so were their eggs, fruits, salads, desserts, etc. The drinks were also amazing, the Kalik beer was good, just add some salt and a lime, but I strongly recommend the champagne, dirty banana, humming bird, and superman. And make sure you get your drinks from Kyle, the TI look alike!
Needless to say I am extremely excited to travel back to Breezes next year for my anniversary stay. Anyone who is unhappy with this resort is unhappy with themselves and too afraid to ask for help.

Room Tip: Remember if you are unhappy with your room, ask the desk politely for another. The ocean front suit...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank JenOrt

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent of SuperClubs Breezes Bahamas further to your recent visit.It Is
good to know that your entire group had a vacation that exceeded expectations.The fact
that our team-members and the service dispened receives favorable mention is encouraging.Our team-members are the most important part of our offering and we are pleased that they contributed positvely to your vacation.We noted your suggestion in regards to a run through prior to the actual wedding.
Again,thank you for the positive feedback and do visit with us in the future.

Reviewed 10 March 2012

Selected this resort as a last minute getaway - booked 10 days prior departure - main criteria were: all-inclusive, adult only, beachfront, a short flight, ease of transfer/check-in. The resort provided that but not much more.

I requested a quiet room away from entertainment and elevators - the charming check-in clerk assured me she had just the room. However it was just the opposite - 3 doors from the elevator, overlooking the pool and opposite the evening entertainment area. Tried it for one night and very early the next morning returned to reception to request a new room - had to go back 3 times and finally had to tell them I couldn't stay at the resort unless I was moved to a quieter room. A hotel guest should not have to resort to such extremes to get someone to act.

Once moved to a new room at the end of the hall and looking the opposite direction, the vacation improved immensely.

The rooms were clean and the bathroom had been modernized although the shower door didn't close properly and I ended up with a pool of water on the bathroom floor every time I showered.

Beach was lovely, well maintained and never had a problem getting a chair or towel if you are an early riser, although I overheard others complain about a shortage of towels.

Food was plentiful but often lukewarm and by the end of the week I was looking for a little more variety. The wine served at lunch and dinner took some getting used to!

Nightly entertainment was usually more than a bit lame - not engaging enough to entice me to stay up for it.

Not likely to go back to this resort.

Room Tip: if you don't get a room that's right for you - be persistent - people check in & out of...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
7  Thank mimico14

Dear Guest,
Thank for your feedback relative to your recent visit to SuperClubs Breezes Bahamas.Please accept our apologies in respect of the tiime it took to effect a room change.We can assure that
this was removed from our service standards and the shortcoming has been corrected.
We have addressed the other opportunities and can assure that changes have been effected,
Again,thank for the feedback.
General Manager.

Reviewed 9 March 2012

Breezes was a beautiful place with great employees and an amazing beach. Not sure where the super negative reviews are coming from. I've stayed in the best and I've stayed in the worst and this place is a solid 3-4 stars. The rooms were clean and nice, bathrooms updated, our view was amazing (ocean view, not front). The pool was clean (yes there were seagulls... HELLO People). Drinks were strong and came quickly when ordered, even when the bar was busy. The food was okay, it wasn't great and it wasn't horrible. You get what you pay for and there is bound to be a weak spot somewhere (the food is it). Breakfast was pretty good as was lunch, we found dinner to be lacking. That made us head off resort a few times which was actually great (Arawak Cay fish fry!!).

The beach is amazing and clean. If your'e up early enough you will see them clearing sea grass from the beach. We snorkled quite a bit right there and saw amazing things. Activities were fun, there was lots to do if you wanted to keep busy.

The staff were almost all great and super friendly. Be nice and they'll be nice back!

All in all I would go back, knowing that I'd likely opt for dinner out and take advantage of all the other amazing features.

Cheers!

Room Tip: Upper floors in the West wing are very nice.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Ryan D

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review of SuperClubs Breezes Bahamas.We are pleased to note that your vacation met with expectaions in the main.We can advise that we are presently reviewing our culinary offering and effecting changes that will enhance this area.We are happy that you found our team-membsers to be friendly in nature and efficient.
Looking forward to hosting you again..
General Manager.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nassau
8.3 km away
Grand Hyatt Baha Mar
#2 of 37 in Nassau
1.9 km away
Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island

Been to Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas? Share your experiences!