All reviews fish fry the location is perfect small hotel tiki hut junkanoo festival straw market conch salad 5min hilton
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We were happy to be back at the el greco. The new paint job looks great, staff was wonderful, our room including the bed was great. Shower was tepid.
We will return. I love the proximity to the straw market and fish fry.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kathy M
El Greco H, Public Relations Manager at El Greco Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2018

Welcome back to the El Greco Hotel Ms. Kathy. We will continue to do our best on improving the appearance and service of the hotel. Thank you for taking the time out to write your review. Hoping to see you soon! We miss you already!

Reviewed 8 February 2018

No hot water! The street in front floods knee high in moderate rain. The only plus was they give me parking down the street in non flood area and were friendly, but kept telling me the hot water was about to start working so i was sitting around and kept checking. When the water was running like metal particles would come out I guess the pipes are real old.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
El Greco H, Guest Relations Manager at El Greco Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2018

We Truly apologize about your experience. At the moment we are under renovations, and in the future hoping the hotel will be to your satisfactory.

Reviewed 20 December 2017

Our three night stay at EL Greco was awful. The hotel does not have hot water if you can even get water at all to shower. Every time we called the front desk, we would get a different answer..oh maintenance needs to turn the hot water on, oh let it run for awhile, oh the hot water wont be on until noon, etc. A few occasions the water shut off completely mid shower. We were moved to a different room the last night, but encountered the same problems.
Also, the first two nights we noticed a black powder under the sink, which turns out were termite droppings/eggs?!!!! The hotel staff never came to clean up, instead waited until regular clean up time the following day, which afterwards black powder reappeared....
Each time I asked to speak to a manager, I was told a different time she would be in. "oh she'll be in in the morning or she'll be in tonight...
When I finally did speak to the manager, she refused to reimburse anything stating that since we were on a discounted rate of $110/night we weren't able to receive any money back and gave us a tiny tiny box with butterscotch candy inside.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple

We sincerely apologize about your experience. We will focus on these issues immediately. Thank you again for choosing the El Greco Hotel!

Reviewed 25 July 2017

This is by far one of the worst places i've stayed. Dirty, unfriendly, bugs...and frankly, it feels a bit unsafe. It's in a street corner that looks very unsafe and messy. While waiting for my room, the lobby was filled with bugs that wouldn't stop pestering me. The 'lobby' was open and HOT AS HELL! Now the room looked basic; i'd say you get what you pay for but i've been to hotels for the same price in the UK and it was sooooo much better. I got a used roll of toilet paper; the water smelled awful the first night; there were 3 locks on the door which terrified me--i only had the key for one; only ONE button worked on the remote; the bathroom window opened up into the HALLWAY! The balcony was a mess! It was not the best experience but if you're on a budget, i guess, don't expect too much.

Stayed: July 2017

We truly apologize about your experience. At the moment we are renovating and hoping that we will be at your satisfaction. Thank you again for Choosing the El Greco Hotel!

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

i loved it. they get the best staff award .my room was larger than my room at the hilton. thought they should have warned me i would be sharing the balcony . luckily that happened with only 2 days left on my trip. you are a few steps away from augusta liquor store ice cold water for a 1 dollar. the daily grind on the corner Wi-Fi food and cocktails. and across the street from beach 5min walk to downtown. my room was clean and bed was comfortable. the tv is tricky. because you cut the power off from the switch on the wall but they had no problem with helping me and you do get one remote because you only need one and there was plenty of channels to choose from. the front desk staff was friendly and kept up with me .letting me know where to get the best conch salad or whatever i wanted to see or do. yes the bathroom fixtures could could be replaced so that didn't ruin my experience because everything is clean and i had no water issues. not sure why someone said you need to bring towels i had towels. several times i had to turn the air off it worked fine in my room. You have to go to front desk to get ice but i didn't know till 4 days after because when housekeeping saw me they took my ice bucket and got it for me. warning there is no elevator there is only 2 floors so if you don't do steps make sure you get a 1st.floor room .most of the rooms balconies open to the pool area only a few to the street. my room faced the street. it would be nice if they had drinks and snacks at the tiki hut at the pool .Im sure guest would enjoy that. The beach charges you 25 dollars for umbrella chase lounge and 2 cocktails but you can just lay out on a towel . Or walk about 2minutes towards the fush fry snd there are benches under coconut trees .i don't come to Nassau to stay in the room so clean comfortable everything worked and friendliness worked great for me. I'll be back for junkanoo

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank jackiebisback

Thank your for your comments. We appreciate you staying with us and we are hoping on your next visit that you will have a better experience!