“GREAT EXPERIANCE”

Jackson, Mississippi
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“GREAT EXPERIANCE”
Reviewed 10 August 2011

I was on a cruise with my family and 3 of my nephews and i wanted to go snorkling. We very much by accident ran into Basil at the Hilton were his boat is based. And what a wonderful thing it was to have run into him. He gave us a great price and the trip was out of this world good. He went the extra mile to make sure it was fun and he took us to two differnt places .It was a real advantage not being with a large group. I highly reccomend Basil and Blue Water Sports...Should i ever go back i will certainly book wiht Basil in advance!

Visited August 2011
1 Thank Tawm

Gilbert, Arizona
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“Snorklers Beware”
Reviewed 10 May 2011

Let me start by stating that I have been on several snorkeling tours around the world. This was BY FAR the worst experience I’ve had. Blue Water may be great at fishing trips but snorkeling, that’s a different story. There were four of us that went out on the “tour”. We were put in a 20 foot uncovered motorboat that has two seats. The other two of us were asked to sit on the side of the boat, one on each side. There were 2-4 foot waves that day and the boat was getting bounced around pretty good. I about fell overboard twice. I finally had to kneel on the floor and hold on. Our guide Oscar showed us the high end home of Michael Jordan and Nicholas Cage on our way out to the reef and I would have loved to take a picture, but I could steady myself enough to get to the camera let alone steady myself enough to take a picture. When we got to the reef, Oscar reached in a compartment and threw out four “one-size-fits-all” masks. The small boat was very difficult to get back in when we were through and the ride back was just as bad as the ride out to the reef. When I complained after I got home, Basil was nice enough to offer to take me out again for free if I’m ever in Nassau again. WOW. Just what I want, to go all the way back to Nassau and go out in that boat again. So, bottom line. If you want a good fishing trip, you may be at the right place based on the reviews. If you want a comfortable, safe snorkeling trip, avoid Blue Hole like the plague.

8 Thank Snorkeler1958
Fort Myers, Florida
96 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 148 helpful votes
“Get away from the Big crowds!”
Reviewed 3 May 2011

Basil is awesome. The snorkeling trip is excellent.

Talk about a great get away from the Ship...

This is a must do.

Our family ranges from 6 to 75 and everyone had a blast!

1 Thank Jeff B
Sarasota, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fishing in Nassau? Try Blue Hole Watersports”
Reviewed 11 April 2011

I found Blue Hole Watersports from other reviews on Trip Advisor.

I contacted the owner, Basil Taylor, by email. We agreed on a price and time, since he normally goes out at noon and my cruise ship didn't arrive until 1 p.m., we would go out around 2:30 p.m. I arrived at Basil's booth just before 2 p.m., he was very warm and friendly and so was his wife. It was a nice day, however it was a bit windy.

The wind was blowing about 20 mph and the seas were running about 3'+. Basil asked if we would prefer to fish for 3 hours, instead of the agreed upon 4 hours, because of the conditions, which also lowered the overall cost. That was not a problem.

On the way out, Basil told us about the island and pointed out different spots of interest. He took us out to his secret spot near a reef, to cut down on the wave action, and anchored. He told us of the rocky bottom and gave us instructions on how not to get hung up. He then set up our poles with bait and we put the lines in the water. We were getting bites left and right. We did land several fish, but no keepers.

The wind and the waves kept moving the 31' boat around and he had to re-anchor the boat a few times. The conditions made it a little tough to fish, but we did our best. It was still loads of fun and a nice break away from the crowds on shore.

When we got back to the dock, Basil didn't want to accept a tip since he said we didn't catch good fish, but we had fun and I tipped him anyway. I would go back to fish with Basil again under better conditions.

1 Thank dragonfromtiger
Chelan, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Awesome Fishing Trip!!!”
Reviewed 19 February 2011

We found Blue Hole on TripAdvisor and we loved it. Basil was our guide and he was awesome, so nice and helpful- he even cleaned our catch for us. We caught 20 fish and we ate 8 and gave the rest away. Very knowledgeable, and we would recommend him and the outfit a million times over. We got a larger boat (~30feet) since we had our 9 month old and it was $500. Great price for our 4 hour trip. They also have a smaller boat for $400.

Visited February 2011