“Excellent Snorkeling company in the Bahamas.”

Blue Hole Watersports
Ranked #11 of 136 Tours in Nassau
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 6 September 2017

The location of Blue Hole Watersports is within a 10-15 minutes walk from the Royal Caribbean cruise port in the Bahamas. Captain Basil is a great guy with a lot of knowledge regarding snorkeling in the Bahamas. He is patient with kids and 1st time snorkelers. We felt safe when we were with him. He really watches out for you. The place where he took us was beautiful and it was nice to sit on his boat if you choose to just watch your family snorkel. My boys were amazed to see beautiful coral and lots of different types of fishes. It was an amazing experience thanks to Captian Basil. We would also like to thank Kathy for helping us book this trip. She was professional and kind.

1  Thank reenyNY
"captain mark"
"senor frogs"
"snorkel site"

Reviewed 28 August 2017

This is the easiest 5 star review I will write in a while. In short the service from that start to the second we walked off the boat was top notch.

I reached out to BHW about a week before we arrived in Nassau. It was easy working with Kathy via email to set up a snorkel and fishing trip for my wife and I. The price was competitive compared to other places and offered a private charter rather than being grouped with a bunch of people.

Kathy checked in with us a few times prior to arrival and set up to have Basil pick us up and drop us off at the Marina Village so we didn't have to cab it to their stand from The Atlantis. Basil was right on time that morning and arrived with a smile. As a boat owner myself it took no time to see Basil was well experienced on the water and knew how to navigate to make the ride as comfortable for his passengers as he can. Keep in mind he has a 20' center console so you are probably best with groups of 2-6 max.

We started off riding about 30 minutes to a spot not far offshore to fish. Light tackle, inshore bottom fishing. We spent about 2 hours fishing a few different spots and cauch about 10-12 fish between the two of us. Nothing crazy, mostly grunts, porgie, a couple really small strawberry grouper, and some sand fish. We weren't fishing to eat, just for fun and so it was a fun couple hours for us hanging out and talking with Basil and Dane (the young first mate). It was what we expected and nice to fish but not have to spend thousands to charter offshore.

After that we spent a couple hours snorkeling a couple different places. This is where I really grew respect for Basil. The first stop we were at had a couple other boats with small groups of 4-5 there, but it was expansive and the other people weren't intrusive at all. I wish the same could be said for their boat captains. I was really saddened when we got in the water to see the other two boats had anchored right into the reef we were looking at rather than in the sand and having people swim over. Basil was very aware of where we anchored and after I came up we discussed the preservation of the reef and environment and our displeasure in other companies who seem to care less. He truly cares about more than making a dollar.

Basil was great on telling us where to swim to for the best coral and fish. We saw amazing live Elk Horn coral, thousands of fish, a seat turtle, and all kinds of sea life. If you go snorkeling pick up some bread/crackers and bring it with you to feed the fish. They will swarm to you and it will be awesome. Also, Basil brings a cooler so if you want some beer or food you can bring it with, but he does provide water and sodas.

If you are worried about sharks just know they also provide shark bands to scare sharks off. Safety was very clear throughout our trip.

Overall this was a very good trip, with a captain who is very knowledgeable of the water and area. You will be with someone who truly cares about the island. I can't recommend someone more, if we come back we will use them again.

2  Thank smlytle
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

Found Blue Hole Watersports online and we are so glad we did! Captain Basil was wonderfully informative about the area while being patient and helpful with everyone, regardless of our skill level. The fish and coral were amazing, as was the service!

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

Our family found this gem at the end of our two week stay in the Bahamas. We had an absolute blast snorkelling a ship wreck and a beautiful assortment of fish and coral reef. Thanks to Mark for being so kind to myself (the chicken of the group) I'm so glad he talked me into getting in the water. This was such a great excursion in a nice small group. We all felt safe and Mark was very personable. Super awesome time for a great price! thanks Mark!