Book now, pay at stay
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$84
British Colonial Hilton Nassau(Nassau)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 24/07
US$75
BahaSea Backpackers(Nassau)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$131
All reviewsjunkanoo beachminute walkwalking distanceclose to downtownstayed herebig flat screeniron boardfree continental breakfastplantainswest bay streetfish fryquick getawayone night staypartial ocean viewfront deskyogurtwould stay here again
Reviewed 25 March 2018

We had a horrible experience with this hotel last week. After 10 hours in the Nassau airport trying to get home to NY in a storm, my family (2 adults and 2 small children) desperately needed a hotel for the night. Given the high cost of taxis from the airport, we filtered a search online for a hotel with an airport shuttle. One available hotel showed up with an advertised shuttle, this Holiday Inn Express. There were a number of extra fees tacked on to the "rate" of $253 a night including a $20 per person cleaning fee. Pausing here to acknowledge how ridiculous it is that a hotel rate does not include the service of cleaning the freaking room. But we paid those fees because of the "value" we were getting with the shuttle.

We booked the room and checked to see when the airport shuttle would make its next route through the airport. It turns out that the advertised airport shuttle was not a shuttle at all, but an airport transfer service that they charge $40 per person for. We called the hotel immediately to cancel the reservation and the manager refused to cancel it. We tried to explain that we booked in a hurry after a long tough travel day so that our kids would have somewhere to sleep that night but that there were better cheaper options for us given the shuttle situation. The manager refused to release us. It was 10 minutes from when we booked to the room to when we called to cancel the reservation and they refused to help us. No compassion. No understanding.

We paid for a taxi to get to the hotel to appeal to the manager directly and were told that the manager had since left and nobody cared to help us. We could either leave and pay for 2 hotels or bite the bullet and stay there. We stayed.

The kicker was that after walking around barefoot for 5 minutes in the room, below was the bottom of our feet. I guess they aren't making very good use of the $20 per person "cleaning" fee. Avoid this place.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
8  Thank dailyside
Sonia B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Nassau, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a feedback in regards to your stay.
I am truly disappointed that on this occasion we did not meet your expectations and I would like to take this opportunity to apologies for the disappointment cause.your overall experience was not satisfactory. Unfortunately, the reservations that you booked was an advance purchase that was unable to be cancel.
Once again I do apologies and I would like you to reach out to me via phone or email gm@hiexnassau.bs or 1-242-422-0266 so that I speak to you in a more personally way.

Reviewed 25 March 2018

We spent one night at the Holiday Inn Express, and it was one that will always be fondly remembered. 14th January , 2018 was a rather, cool, rainy and windy night in Nassau. However, we had a most comfortable and cozy night in the hotel. The room was very clean, beautiful décor and the bed was most comfortable. The front desk clerks, security and every one we met were polite and friendly and very helpful. The price of the room was also very affordable and we considered it value for money spent. I would highly recommend it as a comfortable and secure hotel to relax in.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Sonia B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Nassau, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2018

Thank you so much for taking to write such great feedback.
I am pleased to read that your overall experience was to your satisfaction. It is always a pleasure to read that the team delivered a great service.
Thank you again for sharing your experience.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 22 March 2018

Rooms were fairly big but small bathroom. Across the busy street to Junkanoo beach. However, they don’t keep the beach clean. Five minute walk to downtown Nassau and Fish Fry. Lots of traffic on the street. Staff is very nice and helpful.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Sonia B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Nassau, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I have spoken to Mr. Cleare who is in charge of the beach to have it clean every morning and also working with Ministry of Public Works to get a cross walk from the hotel to the beach.
I hope when you visit with us again all of this will be rectify.
Thanks again for your review.

Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

My husband and I booked this hotel based on the location. We thought we really couldn’t go wrong with a Holiday Inn, based on the ones we’ve stayed at, closer to home, however, this one was a little different than we expected.
We came to Nassau for my husband to finish his PADI open water diving certification, so we were not part of the whole cruise thing, nor did we have any interest in staying at Atlantis. We wanted a simple trip, close to the beach, and a convenient location to town and the fish fry. For all of those reasons, this hotel was a good choice.
We are by no means “fancy” people, but I am not so sure I would stay here again. The three stars are for the location and the friendliness of the staff. Breakfast was pretty good too.
What we didn’t like was the fact that the room was so tiny and the bathroom was very undesirable. The door was so heavy and you’re not able to prop it open, which annoyed me. The sink didn’t drain well, which is gross. We had a queen bed and when I sat on one side, the other side went up like a see saw, so you either had to be laying right in the middle, or get in at the same time. There were also stains on the walls and on the floor in the closet.
The craziest part is that they charge a resort fee. I guess because they have a pool? It came to almost $240 extra for six nights. Just keep that in mind when you book, so that you know what you’ll really be spending.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Deanna D

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express & Suites. I am very disappointed to hear that your recent visit did not live up to your expectations, and we'd love to be able to speak with you further to help rectify the issues you had during your time with us. At your convenience, please reach out to gm@hiexnassau.bs. We'd love to be able to welcome you back again, for a much more improved vacation experience.

Reviewed 1 March 2018

This location is very good. it's within seconds of Junkanoo beach, and is about a 5 min walk to downtown Nassau where the Pirate Museum is, the cruise ships dock, and where there are plenty of restaurants and shops. It is also only a 10 min walk to the fish fry area where there are 10+ "fish frys" you can check out.

The negatives are this: 1. the room, which had a partial ocean view, had a very dirty window. What's the point of the ocean view if I have to look through a dirty window?
2. our deadbolt didn't work. Now, the door automatically locks and it did have the safety lock thing that only permits the door to open 1" if someone tries to enter from the outside, but everywhere it is written to please make sure you lock external gates, etc... not very comforting.
3. the bathroom is TINY. I'm 5'2" and it was hard for me to get into the bathroom when the shower rug was there, as the shower rug kept getting caught up in the door and preventing it from opening.
4. drain was very very slow in the sink. this is something easily fixed by some drano, so it was kind of gross to have to deal with when brushing teeth, washing face, etc...

overall, none of the above is an absolute dealbreaker but altogether, it made us wish we had considered staying elsewhere.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Megha A
Sonia B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Nassau, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

We truly apologize that your stay with us has not met your expectations, and we have kept records of your remarks regarding room, our maintenance has already been informed about the challenges you faced. We are currently assessing solutions for this issue.
I hope you come back to visit us in the future.
Please feel free to contact me to discuss.

1-242-422-0266