Comfort Suites Paradise Island
Bay View Suites Paradise Island(Paradise Island)(Great Value!)
US$150
US$179
Orbitz.com
Warwick Paradise Island Bahamas - All Inclusive(Paradise Island)(Great Value!)
US$320
  • Pool
Sunrise Beach Clubs and Villas(Paradise Island)(Great Value!)
US$221
Orbitz.com
US$559
US$284
US$1,325
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
2,785 results
All reviewsfree breakfastfree access to atlantisthe breakfast areapink cardhard boiled eggshospitality roomatlantis propertydonutscorned beef hashmarina villageyogurtwest wingatlantis facilitiesswim up baratlantis water parksave moneyper person
Reviewed 9 March 2012

My wife, college senior daughter and I stayed at Comfort Suites Paradise Island (CSPI) March 4-March 8, 2012. We snagged a last minute deal on Trip Advisor for 2,000 for 4 nights and airfare to/from BWI.

For the money, the deal at CSPI can’t be beat, as it includes a continental breakfast and use of facilities at Atlantis. Some rooms are updated; some are a little dated, but are clean, large and comfortable. They tend to be on the dark side. Housekeeping was fine. No, this is not the Ritz, but if you wanted the Ritz, you wouldn’t be reading this review. Check in and check out were uneventful. The staff was friendly, as were everyone we encountered.

The continental breakfast includes bagels, bread, donuts, waffles (heat up in toaster), scrambled eggs, bacon or sausage, coffee, juice or water, cereal, fresh fruit. Breakfast for the east wing is served in a breakfast room; west wing is served in the poolside restaurant with outside seating.

The bars in the lobby and at the poolside restaurant have happy hours with reduced drink prices.

To obtain use of the Atlantis facilities, follow the signs to exit to Atlantis from the west side of the hotel, walk across the street and up a sidewalk into the left entrance, past the shops, through the casino (hold your nose as smokers abound), down the steps to the Aquaventure desk, show your “pink cards”, fill out a sheet of paper with names and signatures and get your wrist bands. This has to be done daily. The staff at the desk could not have been nicer.

Atlantis is like Disney or Vegas gone wild in the Bahamas. You just have to immerse yourself in this altered reality and have fun. There is something for everyone and you can spend hours exploring every path, nook and cranny. We found a semi-secluded spot with some protection from the wind and hung out there every day.

The biggest challenge is to figure out how to eat without spending your retirement savings. The “standard” restaurants at Atlantis charge 45-60 per entrée. Our suggestions:
-Take advantage of the complimentary continental breakfast
-Pack a small soft sided cooler, PB and jelly and cookies/snacks in your checked bag.
-Buy bottled water for each member of your party from the tiny food store in the shopping center across the street.
-Take from breakfast a bagel and piece of fruit for each member of your party. Make PB&J on a bagel, fill a zip lock with ice from the ice machine for your cooler and off you go with sandwich, snacks, fruit and water for lunch.
-Fill water bottles daily from the filtered water dispenser in the breakfast room (available all day).

This takes care of breakfast and lunch. Now the challenge- dinner. Some recommendations for the Atlantis property-
-Murray’s Deli- excellent food. Get the $18 half chicken with fresh veggies and mashed potatoes
-Pizza next door to Murray’s- we didn’t order from here but saw many folks munching on pizza at the outdoor tables
-Walk into the tunnel next to the pizza that leads to a Starbucks and share a nice Starbucks pastry for dessert
-Bimini Road was awful- worst fried grouper sandwich we ever had- see our review. My daughter’s veggie burger was an equal disaster. Yuck!
-Now for the super-secret recommendation- make the trek to The Point- other side of the marina, far corner of the Harborside time shares- open air, food cooked in an adjacent building and good food at reasonable prices! $24 fish of the day was excellent mahi-mahi with rice and peas and slaw. Outstanding food and value. Keep it a secret!

Recommendations off Atlantis-
-Anthony’s Grill in the shopping center serves decent food at reasonable prices. Half chicken, pasta with pesto, chopped salad were decent and affordable.
-We did not eat at Green Parrot or Columbus Tavern.

Fun things to do, apart from beach, aquarium and water activities at Atlantis-
-Walk around the marina to the Point, the super yachts are something to behold.
-By a beer at the pizza restaurant and sit at an outside table and people watch
-Ditto for a drink at Plato’s inside Atlantis, sit facing the hallway and more good people watching. Lot of silicone on display
-Walk down Paradise Island Drive all the way to the entrance to Ocean Club, walk down to the Marina where Columbus Tavern is, visit the Cloisters- peaceful and relaxing, walk down the side street and watch turtle, ducks and shore birds at the little pond.

So enjoy your vacation at CSPI and be happy you are spending wisely.

Room Tip: Rooms in the west wing are closer to the exit to Atlantis and the pool; the east wing rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
12  Thank ToYourHealth
Reviewed 9 March 2012

This has been one of our worst experiences in the Carribean. We constantly felt like we were being deceived by the hotel. We walked into our "beautiful garden view" which looked over a dumpster and parking lot. We thought we could put aside the view, but at 7am when the trash trucks arrived to empty the dumpsters, we knew we had to act fast. We were "permitted" to switch into our promised "beautiful garden view" room. However we had to check out no later than 11am and at the earliest would be able to check in by 3pm....

After providing a over two hundred dollar surchange upon arrival, we were told while re-checking into our room numero duo that we now owed them almost $700. Oh and p.s. they do not keep in their records our surchange fee that we had already paid the day before....All I can say is that this place seems pretty fishy to me, and I'm not talking about the Mahi Mahi....Even the safe costs $2 dollars a night!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Mandi P
Reviewed 6 March 2012

The tripadvisor reviews of this place are spot on - great location, horrible service, atlantis amenities at half the price, all in all worth it.

BUT - CANADIANS BEWARE - AVOID SUNQUEST.

We booked with them for a 4 day trip, returning Thursday night. A week before they CHANGE our flight so we return Thursday morning and LOST A DAY!!!! No compensation, nothing. Wasted a day of 4.

Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank harley r
Reviewed 5 March 2012

This was the second yr we came to Paradise Island. This yr we brought our boys 11 and 8. They were in heaven! CS is an economical alternative to the Atlantis property - you get way more for your money and it is so convienient. The staff and rooms are wonderful - nothing fancy, but clean and spacious. The frig was a life saver. Ate breakfast on-site in the a.m. and made sandwiches to pack in a little soft sided cooler and brought over to the Atlantis with us for lunch. That way we only spent $ on an evening meal. The Atlantis property is beyond a child's imagination. So much to do - our boys went to sleep exhausted, with a smile on their faces every night. The beaches are lovely and the water slides are a MUST! So much fun!!! We highly recommend this property. It has spoiled us to anything else.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank teacherinMN
Reviewed 4 March 2012

How we picked it:
My friend and I wanted to visit Atlantis. I did some research on Trip Advisor and found that guests of the Comfort Suites have full access to all basic Atlantis amenities but you don’t have to pay the Atlantis price tag (Comfort Suites has a land easement). When I say basic I mean you can go to all the aquariums and water parks without a charge and no cover at Dragons bar. You can use any beach that is open to all Atlantis guests.

We were able to find a good deal on CheapCaribbean.com and got our flight, 4 nights of hotel, and airport transfers for under $850/person. The Comfort Suites has an added benefit that breakfast is included (which is not an option at the Atlantis resorts).

How we used it:
I came thinking this would be a medium grade, no frills hotel and I got what I expected. We arrived from the airport at 2:30 so they let us get checked in, but we couldn’t have our room until 3:00pm on the dot. This always bothers me, I know that room was ready at least a few minutes early….but whatever, we went to the tour desk to kill some time and get our trip organized. There are two tour desks. One is Majestic Tours and one is something else.

The person at the something else desk pulled me over and my friend went to Majectic Tours (which is the company CheapCaribean had us do our transfers with). The person at the other desk had flyers for the same tours and was offering a “$100 discount”. I went back by my friend and asked the Majectic Tour lady about discounts. She said there were no discounts and the other woman was selling time shares. The two obviously didn’t share clients well and I am not sure why the hotel would have them both there selling the same thing, it made the tour booking process a little uncomfortable.

The woman we encountered on the first two days was very nice. We booked the PowerBoat Adventures with her and it was $200/person (on the boat several people said they booked directly with the company and saved some money…however they did say they thought it was for a group discount).

At 3pm we waited in a pretty long line to check-in. They told us to take the stairs up and go to the right, but we had a ton of suitcases so we set off to find the elevators, which were on the opposite side of the hotel.

The room was nice enough. There was a standard bathroom right inside to the left with a sink, shower (water temp was very odd, lukewarm mostly with bursts of cold and hot) and toilet. There were two full beds (they said queen, but they would have been very small queens). There was a mini fridge (it was lukewarm when we got there, but we filled it and it kept things cold). Behind the beds was a couch and a desk. There was a sliding door with no balcony. It met our expectations.

The first day we headed over to Atlantis, you can follow signs on the walls to find the best ways out and as long as you get out on the side of the building that faces Atlantis, it is only a 4 minute walk till you are inside the first building. It can be sort of hard to find your way to the entrance of the dig (which is what we used to access the aquariums and water park) but once you have done it, it is easy to remember.

We got our wristbands at the desk in front of the Dig. We needed one Comfort Suites pink card for both of us and an ID (which was only sometimes checked). Then we signed a paper and they gave us a band and we were free to roam the rest of the day. You can get beach towels at any towel hut that has striped green towel as long as you are wearing the band. The towels are the same as the ones at Comfort Suites hotel’s pool. You can get as many as you want and you can return them in any method you want (leave them around the park, take them to the Comfort Suites pool, leave them in your room).

The breakfast appeared to be the same every day -scrambled eggs, sausage links, toast, eggos, bagels, donuts, oatmeal, cold cereal (fruit loops, wheat flakes and one other healthy looking thing), yogurt, oranges, apples and sometimes bananas. We brought plastic bags and I would take some food items with me to feed to the animals (stray cats and dogs, or on our excursions iguanas, sting rays and sharks). Food is expensive most places so you could take snacks for later (we actually brought water, energy drinks and snacks over from America and stored them in the fridge).

Other then sleeping and eating breakfast, we spent almost no time in the hotel, which is good since it didn’t have a beach, the pool was small and while it did have a swim up bar there was only little kids in the pool (on the up side, it was open later then Atlantis pools which closed at 5). There was the bar at the beach and one in the lobby, but I didn’t see people visiting them.

What went wrong:
On our second day, we came back from a walk and discovered that the sink and shower were not working – you could hear air going through the pipes but no water. We just put on our suits and headed to Atlantis, on the way down we told the man at the front desk we had no water. When we returned the water worked (although the shower water temp didn’t get any better). The next day our toilet broke, and we let them know as we headed to the water park and it was fixed when we got back.

Tips:
Know what you bought, the Comfort Suites typically adds extra daily maid and electricity fees which looked like they could add up. I saw some people complaining about this on the forums, but when I checked my CheapCaribbean reservation, it was included. It did not include the safe fee which ended up being around $2 a day (the safe was in our room I called and said it appeared to be locked, she said she would give me the code if I wanted to pay for it….).

They do have computer to use to do your work…..however, they have blocked it so you cannot open attachments in your emails :( I called head to make sure they had computers with internet and email access so I could do some work that had to be done while I was away, I never thought to ask if I could open attachments. Also, there are only two computers and I always encountered a long wait for them. There is wireless internet for free if you bring your computer.

Non-Hotel Tips:
Eat at the fish fry (which is an area not a restaurant) the food is outstanding (we tried Andros) and it was cheaper than anywhere else.

We got rained out at Atlantis one day and headed to our room for a while. We came back an hour before closing and there was no lines anywhere, we got down all the tub rides on the side with the lazy river in an hour, it was great. It could have been the rain that chased people away, or it could have been that all the cruise travellers had needed to get back on the boat.

Room Tip: Our room appeared good (right up the stairs of the lobby to the right). But we never really used the main lobby exist because it was far away from the Atlantis entrance and the elevators (when you have bags). If you are visiting Atlantis a lot, ask for a room close to the Atlantis exists.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends