Free cancellation until 02/08
  • Breakfast included
US$542
US$479
  • Beachfront
Bay View Suites Paradise Island(Paradise Island)(Great Value!)
US$195
US$143
Priceline
Club Land'or Resort(Paradise Island)
US$138
Hotelpower.com
US$1,441
US$1,175
2,823 results
All reviewsfree breakfastfree access to atlantisthe breakfast areapink cardhard boiled eggseast wingatlantis propertyhospitality roommarina villagedonutscorned beef hashyogurtatlantis facilitiesswim up baratlantis water parksave moneyper person
Reviewed 7 June 2007

My husband and I stayed at the Comfort Suites for one night before moving to the Atlantis for the rest of our trip. I had originally planned to stay at the CS because of the price and convenience to Atlantis before I got a really great room rate for the Beach Tower.
That said, I would have been perfectly happy staying at the CS for our entire trip. The room was spacious, had a king bed, mini fridge, coffee maker, and a tile floor.
Our room was outside the hallway that leads to the Atlantis, but the room was nice and since we were only staying there one night, I didn't request a specific wing. Two issues (which were not a big deal, since again, we only stayed there one night): we couldn't find the remote control and the sliding glass door wouldn't open. Had we been staying there all week, I would have called, but it was our first day and hey, I didn't want to spend the time waiting for maintenance when I could be on the beach or in the pool! I did call the front desk to request an iron and ironing board and they brought it right away. Good service! We checked in early (around 11:30) and our room was ready! Front desk staff were very friendly.
It is an easy walk to the Atlantis, you do have to go through the Casino if you want to go to the pools close to the Royal Tower, but just ignore your urge to gamble and get out in the sun! Anthony's is close by with good food at a reasonable price.
We sampled the continental breakfast at the hotel the morning we checked out and it was fine. I liked that it had cereal, which is all I usually eat for breakfast anyway. If you want something hot, you can place an order with the waitstaff, it is pretty cheap.
The pool looked okay, but once you have experienced the Atlantis it is really not that fantastic looking.
All in all, I would definitely return here. We enjoyed the Atlantis, mostly because we had an ocean view, but if you plan to go to Paradise Island on a budget, this is the place for you!

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple
6  Thank alabamagirl
Reviewed 4 June 2007

Just stayed at the Comfort Suites Paradise island and had a wonderful experience. The hotel was very clean, staff was nice and helpful, rooms were nice and the pool was pretty. The all access to the Atlantis is what makes this trip worthwhile. You do not feel separate from those staying on the atlantis. You have all the same priviledges as they do. We spent most of our time on the beach at the Atlantis, in the casino and at the waterslides. To eat we went into town to the Bahama Craft center to Zio Gigli's ... great italian
food for not as expensive as carmines, also we went to eat in nassau once when we took the ferry which was cheap, fun and a great day activity. Go early though because ferries only run 9-530. Also we are VEGETARIANS and I have to say eating at the Atlantis isnt as great for us. However we found veggie burgers at a few stands, a veggie wrap at one and also had pizza at the marina. We ate well but did go off premises to eat at times. We ate at a great chinese restaurant across from the hard rock cafe in nassau. It may look average but the food was great. Tofu, noodles, etc. Anyway I wanted to let everyone know that the comfort suites is STEPS away from the atlantis. It is basically on the property. it is so close, closer than the beach towers. Plus it has free breakfast .... saved us at
least $40 a day for two people. The breakfast is fine and if you pack peanut butter it is even better. Also, your best bet with drinks is get them in the casino for free when they are asking if you want cocktails and just tip the waitress. Otherwise it gets pretty pricey. Although the Junkanoo Rush is a great drink. Its basically a pina colada and strawberry Dacquiri mixed. My boyfriend and I are young 20 somethings who wanted to relax and have fun, use the atlantis and not spend an exorbitant amount of money. The Comfort Suites was just right!

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank veggiedancerjess
Reviewed 15 May 2007

Since I depend on people from trip advisor to help me when I am planning to travel, I thought I would share my recent vacation from May 7-13.
My husband, my son 9 and I travel quite a bit. We have stayed at some wonderful hotels all over the Carribean Islands. Our favorite until now was the RIU Ocho Rios Jamaica. That said, we loved the Atlantis!!! I always do a lot of research when we are traveling to some place new. My husband and I had last been on Paradise Island for our honeymoon almost 19 years ago. So we were anxious to see all the changes that have been made. After checking around and realizing that we could stay at the Comfort Suites for a way better price and still use all the Atlantis facilities so we chose to stay there. Arriving at the airport on a Monday was a breeze. We got our luggage and found a taxi with no problem at all. It was $30. Plus tip for the 3 of us to the hotel. The return on Sunday was traffic free as well but leave yourself ample time to get through customs and security. Flights from the islands rarely leave on time and ours had a 45 min. delay.
Our room was ready when we arrived. The first room they gave us was on the 1st floor on the west side which we didn’t like. So they moved us to the 2nd floor on the east side. Ask for the east side, I had heard it was nicer and it was. He hotel itself is no frills but it was clean and comfortable for the little time we spent in the room. We would get up early around 9:00am for breakfast and then return around 4:00pm to change for dinner and then not return again until later for bed. If you are a person that spends a lot of time in your room then you may want something that is a little more extravagant.  We had the room with 2 double beds and it still had a pull out sofa. Our room was kept clean and we had a nice supply of fresh towels every day. By the time we returned at the end of our busy day I would’ve slept on the floor since I was so tired. The continental breakfast provided every day until 10:00am was a great way to start most days. They have toaster waffles, bagels, cereal, oatmeal, coftee, milk, juice, donut, muffins all kinds of bread for toast, jelly, butter, cream cheese, watermelon all kept well stocked. It would’ve been nice to have some yogurt cups and some other fruit besides watermelon just for variety. I brought a jar of PB&J with me and used the bread from the buffet to make my son's sandwiches. The staff works hard to keep the grounds and hotel clean. The hallway carpet could stand some updating but this in no way took away from our experience.
Make sure to pick up a copy of The Atlantean which is printed in 3 day intervals for the list of activities.
We spent most days at the pools, slides and beach areas. The grand opening of The Cove took place while we were there so there were limos arriving constantly, celebrities everywhere (although we chose not to hang around to see them) and some beautiful fireworks. There is a Junkanoo band every night that marches through Marina Village at 9:30 on Friday and Saturdays don’t miss them.
Shark Bites no longer offers the refillable mug. I was wondering how long it would take them to stop that and they did on our 3rd day. My son ate the burgers and fries here and they weren’t bad.
Activites for kids
They will never be bored there is so much to see and do. My son Myles loved Club Rush and asked to go there every day. For $15. for three hours you couldn’t beat it. You can drop them off at Club Rush from 4:00pm until 7:00pm for (6-12yrs old). This also meant my husband and I got some time to ourselves so it was a good investment all the way around. Free movies three times a day in a nice theatre, new releases too. They were showing Happy Feet, Dream Girls, The Queen, Happily N’Ever After, Deja Vu
Make sure you walk through The Dig. It is very nice. Along with Aquaventure and all of the pool activities, the Atlantis offers kayaking in their lagoon, there is a nice shuffle board by the beach on the lagoon side by Water’s Edge restaurant. The water slides are just amazing. My son loved the leap of faith. My husband and I don’t have that much faith (LOL!!!) so we took the slide with tube which still lets you go through the shark tank. What an amazing experience. The not so lazy river is great as well. It has rough spots so watch out for the little ones. Plenty of pool side activities for adults and kids. They did bowling with coconuts one day.
Water's Edge restaurant had an excellent breakfast buffet @ 20 per adult and 14.50 per chuild it was worth it. The fresh strawberries were so sweet and good. The made omelets and there were waffles, french toast, good fried potatoes, grits, fresh juice, milk, cereal, cheese, assortment of sliced meats, bagels, muffins, danish and some of the best donuts that the hotel makes. Seagrapes buffet was just ok at 100. for 3 for dinner. For that much money I expect great. It has a good variety and the food was fresh but it didn’t have that wow factor. We also ate lunch at one of the pool side restaurants my husband and I shared a good tuna melt, the nachos were just ok and my son had pizza and 2 pina coladas and this was 50. This was located by the lazy river. If you have a family of four, there is a lunch deal for $25 (4 burgers, fries and drinks included). Most people seemed to eat here because it is easy and convenient. We went over the bridge that takes traffic into town and had dinner at Outbacks. The food was good and dinner for 2 adults and on child was $60. Don’t miss the local fish fry. It is a collection of 14 different restaurants selling everything from fresh seafood to Bahamian dishes. We ate at Twin Brothers which was great!!! I had the lobster tail $25. My husband had the baked grouper $15. My son ate prior to going but they do have a kids menu for $6. with 1 non-alcoholic pina coladas, one Miami Vice with alcohol and one soda the bill was under 60. They are known the their daiquiris and pina coladas. Just ask the locals where to eat and they’ll point the way. We took the number 10 bus but then walked back to town which took about 20 mins. We also ate a Hard Rock café for 3 it was around 50. There is also a Burger King, KFC, McDonalds, Dunkin Donuts, Star Bucks, Subway in town. We caught the ferry for $3. Per person one way. A 155 gratuity is added to your bill in most restaurants. If the service was good, I always tipped more. We also ate at Johnny Rockets in Marina Village very good burgers. We had breakfast at the News Café which was a good and filing way to start the day. They have great coffee!!! We also tried the Green Parrot which was great as well.
TIP: bring water, soda, liquor, gatorade, snacks (chips, nuts, goldfish), juice boxes, oreos etc. from home and packed it in an extra suitcase. We took our snacks as a carry on except the liquid we packed those in the checked bags and they made it fine. The snack prices are outrageous. One can of Pringles $4, can of nuts $10. You can then use the empty suitcase for all of the things you want to bring home. I also pack plenty of baggies to keep things fresh. There is also a grocery store across from the Burger King in town where the prices weren’t too bad. Sodas a 6 pack was $3.99, Gatorade about a $1. more than at home. At the Haagen Das in the Marina Village my husband asked how much the bottle of water was and the lady said at least you asked most people open take a sip and then ask. It was $10. The ice cream price was about the same as US maybe a $1 or $2 more. Some people brought soft side coolers with them. You can also use just a plastic bag filled with ice. The resort was delivering drinks in them to poolside guest.
Snorkeling
We did the Robinson Crusoe excursion to Rose Island. Majestic Tours picked us up from out hotel at 9:30 and the boat took off at 10:00 for an hour ride over to the island. We had great weather for it except the tropical depression sitting off the coast of Florida stirred the water so it wasn’t clear enough to see fish. The lunch was ok. I like my food piping hot and this wasn’t otherwise, it would’ve been fine. They had ribs, bbq chicken, salad, rice and beans, hot dogs fruit. My son and husband were fine with it because they don’t care how food is presented if they are hungry. The hammocks to lay in were nice. They have a small play area and gift shop. The beach is beautiful so we walked along it and collected some shells. It was a good day.
Don't forget to check out the straw market. You can get great prices on souveniers there.
If you have any questions, you can e-mail me. I’ll also scan the daily activity sheet in and send it if anyone wants a copy. I know my husband was having a good time when he said on Thursday when can we plan to come back and we still had 3 days left. We had a great time and wouldn’t hesitate to go back. There is plenty to do or do nothing at all but take in the beauty around you. The aquariums are just amazing. The fish are beautiful. Enjoy it!!!

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
22  Thank mylesmom
Reviewed 8 May 2007

Returned to the Comfort Suites in Jan 07 after a visit in May 06.

Same report as before - both the room and the bathroom were clean and a good size. The hotel isn't the fanciest place in the world, but with Atlantis next door, it really doesn't matter.

Breakfast of cereals, fruit salad, juice, bagels, toast, donuts was ok; enough to keep you going till lunchtime.

I read a couple of reviews before we went, saying that the hotel was a long walk from Atlantis. I really don't understand this as it was practically next door - just as close to the action as the Beach Towers at Atlantis. I liked the walk through the Atlantis harbour / marina shops, though it was probably a couple of minutes longer than going down the road.

The hotel pool looked fine, though once again, we didn't use it as we spent all our time at Atlantis.

We've since bought a timeshare at Atlantis Harborside, so we won't be back to CS :) but I would really recommend it to anyone who wants to enjoy all that Atlantis has to offer, at a much better price.

• Stayed: January 2007, travelled with family
7  Thank charliesmum
Reviewed 29 April 2007

I hope I can provide the voice of reason between the high and low recommendations for this CS resort. I have spent anywhere between $2000 and $8000 for many wonderful week long vacations all over the Carribean, and the truth is, no one offers you something for nothing (unless you are one of the fortunate travelers who can wait for a "too good to refuse" last minute, off season deal and make travel plans around it)... that being said-

My daughter and I booked a one day room at the Comfort Suites, off a cruise , just to get the opportunity to see Atlantis before committing to the high price tag of an extended vacation. My imressions- Atlantis: The resort is DEFINITELY WORTH the hefty price tag- it's spectacular!!!!! Comfort Suites: All of the experience, at roughly 25% less than the resort.

The CS appeared to offer safe, clean, basic ammenities. Check in staff was friendly and accomodating from our experience. Free breakfast certainly counters the "excessive cost" of meals at the resort.

I liken the experience very much to "WDW"- there is no "perfect" location when you are talking about resorts this big; something fabulous is further away than expected- but the level of service, upkeep and amenities that Atlantis offers obviously comes with a price. You can be "in" or "just outisde" (at a lower price, but with a bit of comprimise for the cost)- it really depends on what you want from your experience, and how much more you are willing to pay to do do-

Either way, get to Atlantis, anyway you can, and enjoy yourself while you are there--- I can't WAIT to go back for an extended visit, and perlonally, will chose to stay at the CS and use the $750+ for meals and fun, rather than the sleeping quarters-

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled with family