US$103
US$213
US$165
US$212
  • Breakfast included
Dundee Bay Villas(Freeport)(Great Value!)
US$148
Sunrise Resort & Marina(Freeport)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$95
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$126/night.

US$301
US$280
  • Pool
Bell Channel Inn(Freeport)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$93
US$146
Hotels.com
US$156
  • Pool
All reviewshayward forbesgrand bahama scubataxi driverhot tubliving roomthe activities desksales teammovie nightsecond bedroomtimeshare presentationgrouper fingersconcierge deskwasher and dryergranite countertopson site restaurantmain officefull kitchen
Reviewed 13 October 2017

DO NOT BUY A MEMBERSHIP AT THIS RESORT!
I just got back from Freeport Bahamas with my wife and two kids. On the day of arrival , we were so tired to where I just wanted to check-in and go to room to shower and relax, instead they have Vultures standing where the you do the checking begging you to go the little to see what they have available. being said that I have been through similar situations. That day I was really tired and being overwhelmed with so many people trying on getting you to go buy the time shares. I was a little upset , but my wife decided to give it a shot and when we went they presented us with something that was a little to good to be true , they seems genuine BUT THEN AGAIN THE LOOK AND ALL THE SMILES WAS PART OF THEIR LITTLE SCAMMS......I am part blame to fall for it and it hurts me to see that they would do this to us. I spent over 5000 in that resorts for my 7 days stays and 2200 of that was to sign something that wasn't what I was told. I didn't know about all the fraud until I got home from vacation. When I arrived home I sat down to read the contract to see that what was offered was totally bogus. I was so unease to where at time I didn't want to go outside because of them selling and asking for the time shares.. As a former member of another resort I knew that they were going to do what ever necessary to get me into their contract which I did. I was told that they were going to transfer my other account to theirs and I said no. I sent them an email telling them to cancel my application and they Denied it ........I am not sure what that means but , I will no longer deal with them......The place was nice and some of the people were great ..the restaurant was also great but the vultures was the only problem I had which cost me 2200 bucks ...LESSON LEARNED........I WILL NEVER GO TO THAT RESORTS AND YES I DID SAY THEY CAN KEEP THE MONEY AS A DONATION FROM MY WIFE...... This resort is nothing more that a money grab. They appear to fish for tourists to keep their heads above water, while not caring about the current membership that they currently have. Their biggest priority is to try to get new members which equal new money for them. Don't fall into this BS. Room Tip: Stay away you will not regret this advice. One last thing.....I am already a member at another resorts but I am not sure what had happened to where I allowed them to take from me ...again my lost and lesson learned.......

Room Tip: They do have a cheaper car rental at location instead of the airport.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
6  Thank True Man G
Reviewed 4 October 2017

The room was nice, but getting anywhere on the Island was a money grab. At the Concierge desk, they try to sell you the shuttle, for 40 dollars. however this shuttle only goes to certain areas at certain times, it is dirty and missing interior doors, you are not able to open the door yourself, as there is a string that has to be pulled to open. The drive to the beach, (which is the sister resort, and about a mile away) is from 12-4. the beach is dirty, and there is nothing there, except a terrible restaurant, you have to rent chairs and umbrellas (40 dollars for two people). The trip to Port Lucaya Market Place is at 1pm and there is a nicer beach there, however the shuttle comes back at 3pm, so 2 hours to go to the beach and shop is not much time. The person who drives the shuttle comes to work at 9 am, yet does not go anywhere until 12. unless you pay more money. The trip to the grocery store is only on Saturday and Sunday, any other day you have to pay. Cabs on the Island charge 10 dollars plus 3 dollars for each additional person. this does not sound so bad, except its a mile to get anywhere. I would never go back to Freeport Grand Bahamas, the place is like a ghost town, and the locals are trying to get as much money as possible. If you do plan to go to Freeport, take the local bus, costs $1.25 and will take you to all the same places for this cost. however don't look for a schedule, or for anyone at the resort to help you, because they don't want you to know about the local bus, it is just a mini van, however is cleaner, and intact. I really don't have anything good to say about this place, except the weather was great.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Armed Forces Vacation Club
3  Thank C980SOlauram
Reviewed 30 September 2017

I don't think I have been to a worse expensive resort in my life! As you get checked they tell you that you have to pay a weekly utility charge which cost us an extra $200. Then when we get to the apartment the kettle is broken, everything is dated, TV doesn't work, air conditioning? hmm - doesn't reach the bedrooms and really noisy
If you want to get screwed in your face, this is the place to come
Don't forget they will try and sell you timeshare under the guise of showing you how wonderful the facilities are.....
Oh yeah - the reception closes at 5:00pm which didn't help when we had a 4 hour power cut which left us in pitch black..
and there's more - they were refurbishing constantly so noise level of drills etc were high

Room Tip: ask for the new block rooms
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
6  Thank Vinaya S
Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

I actually visited June 2016. Beautiful location and friendly and helpful staff. Two saltwater pools (one with a swim up bar) and town home style accommodations are available. I'm sure the inclusive resorts in Freeport are nice, but this place felt so welcoming and I feel like we got to see so much more of the island and learn about its history. There are also extremely friendly and adorable cats that roam the property!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank SJArtman
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 16 August 2017

Ocean Reef was a great place to stay for our week in Grand Bahama! We were impressed with the overall cleanliness and organization of the resort, especially less than a year after the hurricane. The on-site restaurant, Ocean Blue, was good and reasonably priced, and the staff at Ocean Reef were almost universally excellent.

The location is pretty close to the Lucaya marketplace and to downtown Freeport, if you have a rental car. I recommend renting a car on-site, as their rates were good and the vehicle we got was pretty good for our needs.

I actually liked the location better than the resorts located directly on the beach, as it was a bit quieter and more relaxing, and I think we got more value for our vacation budget there, too.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family