Dundee Bay Villas(Freeport)(Great Value!)
US$172
US$148
Orbitz.com
Free cancellation until 29/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$322
US$165
  • Pool
Sunrise Resort & Marina(Freeport)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$101
US$95
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$109/night.

Bell Channel Inn(Freeport)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$146
US$93
Dolphin Cove(Freeport)
US$195
US$265
US$135
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$159/night.

US$189
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$146
US$330
US$306
4,999 results
All reviewsviva cafeanimation staffnightly showslasagnanachoskids clubtrapeze lessonsstar resorta la carte restaurantsping pongwater shoespaddle boardsbad reviewseither directionbanana bayafter reading the reviewsplenty of chairs
Reviewed 17 March 2012

3 of us booked a cheap all inclusive 4 night break at the Viva Wyndham thru American Airlines hotel service. Having read the reviews I was a little concerned about our stay here and to be honest I was not the happiest here. The good points to start with - the staff here are exceptional, especially the bar staff who serve up the best cocktails. Apart from that... mmm I met some really nice people from the States I hope I will meet with again somewhere else. Another good point was that when we were leaving they appeared to be doing lots of work in refurbishing the rooms, new beds, bathrooms, lcd tvs, etc.

SO onto the bad! We had to switch rooms on arrival. Our first room which was fairly basic we could not operate the shower. Reception staff told us when we complained you have to really yank the shower handle to get it to work.. I was noot having any of that! The other big reason we left this room was because the extractor fan in the shower had no cover and there was a live loose wire hanging out! Probably would not have killed us but given us a nice shock in the shower.. but health and safety clearly was not high on this hotel's agenda! The room phone did not work.. apparently they were having problems with their provider. Bizarre that reception phones were working tho. Think this could be a ruse to stop people from phoning quickly to complain about stuff as it's a bit of a walk back to reception.

I think this hotel would have been great 20 years ago.. however not now and with rubbish in various rooms the staff work out of, great piles on phone directories outside rooms and concrete falling off under the ceiling and steel rods poking out under stair wells, fire extinguishers that are in the red... their was part of our container lorry parked in the middle of a lawn abandoned behind a tree!

Our new room was a bit better.. the furniture looked like it may fall apart at any time, the pictures were skew wiff, the mosquito guard on the balcony door was not attached to the door.. oh and our bathroom door handle was coming off so every day we got locked in there.. until finally someone came and fixed it. The toilet was hanging off the wall and the electric socket was so pushed in to the wall I nearly lost my hair dryer. The a/c worked ok. The tv was from the 1960s but worked! Actually the beds were quite comfy. Not sure if you are meant to pay to use the safe but our receptionist gave us a deal foor 4 nights.. when actually all you need to do is plug in your own code! The shower worked though and had no loose wires!

Pool was good. The beach was nice however take water shoes or you may end up getting your feet ripped apart like one of my friends did. There are lots of activities to get involved in and it all seems better after a few dozen cocktails. We played table football, darts, took part in karaoke and listened to 2 minutes of a show which was slightly a shambles!

Food wise this hotel did not excel in this department. The buffet was ok. The speciality restaurants were ok. However they do have the best lady cooking eggs in the morning - I think her name was Laverne.

I went to the gym a few times.. this needs updating. You do gain extra from your workout as it is so hot in here due only to a few fans on the ceiling and no a/c.

If you don't have any expectations from coming here, maybe you will enjoy it and meet nice new friends and experience the good hospitality from their staff. However if like me you are used to a fairly good level of standards you will be disappointed. Having fillled in the comments card when I left in February I am still awaiting a response from the hotel. Maybe I might get one now...

Room Tip: check the shower, check the electrics and anything else you cannot live without before you unpack!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank anon19
VivaWyndhamFortuna1, Guest Relations Manager at Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach - An All-Inclusive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2012

Dear Guest

We would like to start with a thank you, for visiting Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach resort as your vacation destination.

We truly apologize for all the inconveniences you have encountered during your stay, especially all the different issues in your room. We would like to let you know that we are in fact in the process of upgrading big parts of our resort, as well in the rooms as in public areas. We still regret the discomfort you have encountered.

We regret not having an opportunity to meet with you while you were on property, not to mention systems in place to address each concern as they arise. More importantly, we believe that our invaluable clients are deserving of a worry-free vacation.

We are still glad to read though that you enjoyed our beautiful beach, as well as the pool and our staff.

Although we cannot change what has happened in the past, we will utilize your comments for improvement in the future.

On behalf of the staff and management here at Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach, we would like to apologize once more for the uncomfortable experience you encountered with us, yet we would like to thank you for your hospitality and honest review.

Reviewed 17 March 2012

We came with a party of 12 on spring break. The service was terrible, the staff was inhospitable, the rooms were dated. There was nothing benefiting about the vacation. I live in Atlanta and travel frequently. I have had bad vacations before but nothing like this. Lines are long, the staff is rude. They get your money before you receive the services and it puts them in a power position to take advantage of you. I felt like I was a child the entire time and needed to perform well(treat the staff with more respect than they were treating me) in order to receive services. I hope this message convinces people not to use this resort.

Room Tip: Rooms were assigned before the trip. You have no voice at this resort.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank Angela W

Dear Guest

We are in constant training with all our staff members in each department, by reading your review, this can help us to maintain and improve for the better in the future. Thank you for your candor and your patience with us. We appreciate and wish to retain our valued patrons.

We apologize for the long lines that you encountered in restaurant and bar. Unfortunately in times of full occupancy at peak times, this is a fact that will occur. We regret any discomfort caused by this.

In the meantime, we wish to again, sincerely apologize for any inconvenience or discomfort caused, and hope that you will consider returning for a true and positive experience as we have some wonderful developments on the way to better serve our invaluable guests.

On behalf of the staff and management, we would like to say thank you once more for your honest review and for your generous hospitality.

Reviewed 16 March 2012

My boyfriend booked this trip and after reading the reviews, I was weary. Having been to one all-inclusive resort in Mexico in the past (that received 4-5 star reviews but had inedible food and drinks), I really thought this place was going to be terrible.
I was extremely pleasantly surprised. The beaches, food and drinks were great- and by great, I mean fully edible, big selection and came with real alcohol. The site looked nice. The staff was friendly-ish, and they had a lot to do (bocce ball, trivia, basketball, volleyball, shows, exercise classes, yoga.)
To be fair, the rooms aren't nice and the beds are weird- BUT- when I'm on a carribean trip, I don't care that much about the room.
I would definitely go back and recommend it to others. For the price, it was a steal.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ErinDenver

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach Resort for your vacation destination.

It was a pleasure to read how you and your Boyfriend enjoyed your vacation experience with us at our resort and the amenities provided for you all as well as the activities, food and drinks and that we really surprised you and cover all expectations of a 3 Start Resort.
We would love to welcome again with us in our resort. Don’t hesitate to contact us at guestfortuna@vivaresorts.com if we can assist you with anything. Our returning guests are the most valuable to us therefore it would really be a pleasure to see you again.

On behalf of the staff and management, we would like to thank you once more for your honest review and for staying here at Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach.

Reviewed 15 March 2012

I am a 27 year old teacher from Kentucky still staying at this hotel. My initial impression was actually quite good! The room we were placed in was clean and had been recently remodeled. As previously mentioned, the beach and some parts of the food are great. However, the bars were packed with co-eds who are boated over to take advantage of the 18 year old drinking age. The line to get a coke (let alone a beer) was around 15-20 minutes long. I came to the Bahamas wanting to relax and kick back. I am not a light sleeper at all, but I have not been able to sleep before 2AM. My girlfriend literally cried the first night after we were kept awake by a LOUD sound system they have pointed back at the hotels. There was nothing the front desk could do to change our room the first night, so we had to endure it until the next morning. They then changed our room to one farther back that would "not" have a noise problem. This was somewhat true! We could still hear the party but it didn't sound like we were in the middle of it while in our room during the day. As I am typing this (at 1:41 AM), the speakers have been moved along the beach and the music is now louder than the first night. For the parents out there, I watched/heard the DJ today ask if there were any virgins or people who have not had sex in 2012 because today everybody was getting laid. This was blared on the loudspeakers while I watched a little girl run in front of the DJ to the beach. I stay in crappy motels all the time while traveling. I would pick any of the Motel 6 or hostels I have been in over this. The main point of a room at the beach is to sleep. Period. I am now paying tons of money and wasting my limited vacation on a place that is stressing me out more than work. I don't really care about little stuff like broken tile on the floor or a burnt piece of chicken at the buffet. If you have a reservation here, get your money back if you can (if not bring earplugs and your own water/soda). If you have yet to make one, go to another place. The only people who should come here are the 18-21 year old college types who want to drink and party all night. I will never come back to this place.

Room Tip: I know it sounds counterintuitive, but get a room as far away from the beach/clubhouse area as you can!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank JBLex

Dear Guests,

WE apologize for not meeting up to your standards and expectations and for the inconveniences you have encountered during your stay.

We would like to inform you that in the period from March 5th to March 27th we welcome Spring breakers at our resort. It has been so for many years now therefore we inform all our partners every year about this fact as we know that some markets might be sensitive to the Spring breaker market.

We understand your concerns concerning the language of some of the persons involved in the Spring breaker events and we thank you for your comment. We will speak to the responsible persons and monitor it in the future.

Reviewed 14 March 2012

My husband and I were looking for a quick weekend getaway at a good price. This was the answer. Hotel was okay for the money. Food was average, nothing to rave about. We knew going in that we werent going to a "five star resort" , so we werent disappointed. The beach was beautiful. I would go again just to get away, but as far as going for a week long vacation I would not. Freeport has gone way downhill since the hurricanes tore everything up. Not like the good old days when the Princess resort was there.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

It is always a pleasure to read how our guests enjoyed their vacation experience with us at our resort and the amenities provided for you especially the beautiful beach that stretches right in front of the resort.

We would like to let you know that the government of the Bahamas has some great projects in process to improve the quality of the services on the island as well as the attractivity for all international guests and to reconnect to the level of the quality in the past.