“Great vacation”

and 1 more site!
Freeport Resort & Club
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Freeport
Reviewed 9 June 2016

This resort is out of the popular spots of Freeport. The resort is older, but comfortable. The bed was comfortable, the sofa bed was not a comfortable one and the fold away bed was ok. There were 5 adults in our party and the condo was easily large enough for 5 adults. If you do not have a vehicle, the resort van takes you to the grocery store Sunday morning and Wednesday morning. The van will also take you to Lucaya but you must take a jitney or or a taxi back to the resort. I have to say that this was one of my favorite vacations because we did not have a vehicle and went everywhere together. The resort was pretty deserted. We were the only people at the pool, so it felt like our own private pool. The pool area was well landscaped and clean. The only food that is delivered to the resort is Dominos and it is not a great pizza. We did a lot of our own cooking and ate by the pool on the covered patio area. It was a great vacation because our family spent all of our time together talking, playing games and exploring the island together. Paco the Macaw is very fun. He loves peanuts and although when you walk up to his cage he acts like he will take your finger off, he ever so gently takes a peanut from you without ever touching your fingers. He is very fun. All in all we liked the resort.

Room Tip: It seemed to me that all the rooms were very comparable to each other.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family

Reviewed 17 March 2016

The people were very friendly and helpful.The room was fair ,but the bathroom wasn't working proper.The plumber came in two days tried to fix it but no-go.I went to customer service the first day and the girl at the desk would not do anything,acting kind of rude.On the second day wife went for a shower and saw mould around the tub.I went down to the service-desk again and I spoke with a nice man,told him about the mould &the leaking toilet for the second day and he moved us A.S.A.P.On the third day the power went out at app. 7p.m.& on the whole resort and came back on app.10p.m.On the fifth day the phone did not work all day.

Room Tip: Doesn't matter as we booked and paid for our room six mo. in adv. on the west side & got roo...
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 February 2016

This is an older resort a good distance from the beaches but a free daily ride is available to a really nice beach. Free rides are also available to a grocery store. The beds are comfortable and the kitchen is well-equipped. The 2 bedroom unit I was in has a Jack and Jill bathroom with a tub and a shower. The resort is kept very clean as is the pool and hot tub. The employees were all friendly and helpful. Wifi is available in the pool area and in the office, where 2 computers are available for guest use. A phone is available in the office as well at the rate of 10 minutes for $2. The resort charged an "Energy Fee" of $43 for the week as energy is more expensive there than in the U.S. He resort has a tennis court and a basketball setup. Bottom line is that I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the pool area are probably quieter but with a less desirable view. First floor units...
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank Ilona D
Reviewed 2 October 2015 via mobile

After several moves and new job starts (I am a travel RN), I needed a vacation. We arrived mid week and there were only two other couples in the whole resort. We had big and small bugs in our unit. There is nothing with in walking distance. $14 for taxi one way into town. The resort did not offer anything. We even had to pay for towels to use. It was nice being there alone. We could use pool and hot tub whenever we liked. Everything here was outdated and dirty. Does look like they are trying to renovate. Overall, would not recommend and I will not be staying there again.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Jamie G
Reviewed 15 August 2015 via mobile

We went to what we thought was the Bahamas and being from a tourist location ourselves we were looking for nothing more then spending our holidays as a close family enjoying the national parks.....
We were transferred over from one resort that we were staying at until our timeshare opened at Freeport Resort. They make it sound beautiful and look beautiful.... It is far from either. It is secluded and very far from and real life of the Bahamas. Not a problem be got there and decided to make the best of it and went grocery shopping and bought all we would need for our Christmas dinner ( prime rib and all the fixings) packed our bags to go the the national park the next day and went to sleep.
When we were awaken at 2 am from a HUGE fight going on all in the native dialect and a women crying hysterically. I asked my husband to bring out 4 year old son out into the living room to protect him as the fight was going on outside our bedroom window and we were unsure if a body was going to come flying through or bullets. I went to the " front desk" to get help..... NO SECURITY!!!! I sat by the pool for reception and called my mother in law in the states and asked her to call delta immediately. This vacation was OVER! Not worth risking your safety. Clearly they have very little business so they allow locals to inhibit the empty apts.
Packed my family and I called a cab and was out of there before dawn.
There was no restaurant or bar that the speak of either.
By far the worse experience of our lives. I will never use Interval International again because they still have this listed as a destination after they refunded my resort points but our daily was still out $4000 even after we got our return flight reimbursed by traveler insurance.

Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family