“No problems in the Bahamas ”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cat Island
Shannas Cove Resort
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Cat Island
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

I really like Frank and Gabbi.

As an American traveling to the Bahamas, I was surprised to have German hosts. But I would say afterwards, they are more Gerhamian. Everybody on the island knows them, this is a good thing.

Frank picked us up from the airstrip. He knew we were coming because you can see the small planes from the hotel.

Frank was there the day before because I accidentally gave wrong arrival information. I was in Atlanta at work when I get an email saying where are you? I replied that we were arriving tomorrow, then realized my mistake. Frank fixed everything through Sky Bahamas and said no problem. He was there the next day to pick us up. No problem. Thank you Frank.

We arrived at Shannas Cove after a beautiful drive. Frank helped us acquire some things we desired. We met some very nice people that we would see again . It was about a 30 minute trip.

Enter Gabbi. Frank and Gabbi have a dynamic relationship that inspires me to this day. You know immediately who wears the pants. But it takes two to tango, and they make it work beautifully.

Gabbi does not mess around, nor mince words. You will know what it is expected of you. And how not to behave. I learned this within 5 minutes. At first, I was a slightly put off, but I came to appreciate straight talk. Only later would I discover Gabbi's fun side. Quite an incredible woman.

We were shown our room and given instructions. We were in shock. This place is better than it looks in photographs.

There are about 10 or so rooms/cabins/bungalows. We got Turtle, best of the best. Highly recommended.

We lost ourselves literally and figuratively.
First night after dinner we accidentally went to the wrong cabin. Somehow we spent about 10 minutes in a different house. There was no luggage, no sign of occupancy. This is what tipped us off to the fact that we had stumbled into the wrong abode. Slightly imbibed, we noticed our mistake. We made our way 30 steps down to Turtle. Oops. Our first night here, we already violated the rules.

No problem the next morning, but we were called out on our mistake. Someone flushed a toilet in an unoccupied room, Frank said. Yes, it was us. Our bad. No problem, Frank said, remember you're in Turtle. Please don't let Gabbi find out about this I was thinking.

To be continued. ..

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jakethesnake42

Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

Great place, welcoming place, great food and good wines and cold beers :-)

Grouper and beef filet were excellent

We all had a great evening and dirt road not even scared us :-)

:-):-) :-):-) :-)
:-)
:-) :-)

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Cyril D
Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

Frank and Gaby (the owners) are fantastic people who love their job and they make you feel at home. Wonderful beach, breathtaking sea, very comfortable accomodation and very good food.
All the staff is kind and customer oriented, you do not thing anything else than relaxing!
Shall I come back? Yes, of course!!!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2017

This was our 3rd trip to Shanna's Cove Resort and my wife and I both agree our best trip yet. We really learned how to completely relax and just be. Not easy for us. It's hard to determine if we go because their Resort is located on the most beautiful stretch of beach in the Bahama's and they just happen to have great food or if we go to eat fantastic food and enjoy a really beautiful beach. Frank and Gabi are really special people and want nothing more than for you to enjoy your stay. Their dinners are to die for; Fabian is the best cook!!!
Tara, Shakira and the rest of the crew are fantastic.
The bonus for us is meeting people from all over the world when we go up to dinner each night. (Germany, Switzerland, Austria as well as couples from California, Texas, New Jersey and Florida).
Our dilemma now is: How can we possible vacation anywhere else. The bar has been set to high. Seriously......

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rich2Cape
Reviewed 21 June 2017

I've gone to Shanna's cove for the past 2 years and couldn't be happier with both visits. The resort is set on a very private beach with outstanding views. It's clean and well run by Frank and Gabi, who are hands-on for any needs. There is only 1 restaurant option at the resort, but you don't need anything else - every night we just ate the special, a 3-course meal prepared by a chef with really great experience. Highly, highly recommend for anyone who isn't looking for a full itinerary on vacation, willing to sit on a beautiful beach, read a book and spend some quality time.

Room Tip: Dolphin and Sea turtle bungalows have the best view of the water.