“Great staff members and good food.”
Review of Daddy Joes

Daddy Joes
Ranked #15 of 79 Restaurants in Eleuthera
Price range: US$2 - US$50
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood, Bahamian
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Queen's Highway North, 1 mile south of Glass Window Bridge, 3.5 miles north of Gregory Town. Two Story Building, white trimmed with yellow.
Reviewed 25 August 2017

When they are open during high season, it is a great place to go for food that is tasty, but not overly expensive. No place for a view, but they do offer karaoke nights and I've heard it's the place to be then. Daddy Joes is located just off of Queens Highway and you cannot miss it.

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Ate here twice due to its proximity to Gaulding Cay beach. Wonderful both times. I had the greg grouper tacos boy times and the conch chowder, which was one of the best soups I've ever had. Staff was friendly enough. Some toys and stuff for the kids and a nice menu for them too.

Reviewed 1 August 2017

I get it, they have to cater to their locals ... but when you are the second family in the restaurant and your meal takes 2 hours, it's beyond ridiculous. When we approached the waitress about this, she flat out told us that locals that come in after us are prioritized because they are regulars. The food we did receive was not great anyway, recommend SKIP this place.

Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

Pros: good food. Cons: hour and 45 for food to come out. Messed up half the orders. So hot with very little AC. Not the best service; had to ask the waitress 3 times just to get napkins. Two people ordered jerk Chicken and got fish. Also the order was supposed to have plantains and they didn't tell us they were out until After the order came out. Didn't get anything to substitute it. One family member ordered coconut curry shrimp. Be warned if expect coconut do not order this. Not even a hint of coconut flavor. Would not revisit this restaurant.

1  Thank JackSoden35
Reviewed 2 July 2017

I thoroughly enjoy Daddy Joe's Restaurant!

I am on Eleuthera for several months a year, so I am glad that Daddy Joe's is a local, friendly, welcoming place for me to hang out... even when I'm by myself.

On this particular evening in mid-June I had 5 girlfriends with me visiting from Canada. We drove from Governor's Harbour to Gregory Town to Daddy Joe's because there was supposed to be live music.

Funny start to the evening... the band canceled and the electricity went out. Now for some people that would be just too much to take.... But not for this group!!! Within minutes Deja had candles out for us to select our drinks and dinner order. And VIOLA... in less than 10 minutes the lights were back on and a DJ had started up the music.

We all ordered different items from the menu: Grilled Fish on Salad, Crab Cakes, Coconut Curry Shrimp and Guava BBQ Ribs. Everything was delicious! I have to say that the Crab Cakes are generous and very flavorful... my favorite dish to be sure!

There were visitors from all over the US, Canada and Germany the evening we were there, so striking up a conversation after dinner at the bar was very enjoyable. There is also a pool table in the bar area which creates an entertaining atmosphere for both the players and the observers.

Overall... I love this restaurant and bar because it is a friendly, welcoming place for all who visit.