4,508 results
All reviewsdrunken duckfrench restaurantbutler servicequiet poolmain poolil cielopiano barthe publa parisienneemerald baycafe de parisbutler suitered lane spaisland routesswim up barjeremy muttonocean safari
Reviewed 27 June 2018

First: 36 year old's, 2 kids from Pennsylvania. 10 year Anniversary trip with just the wife. Not huge travelers by any means but travel enough, so if you're like that keep reading. Just returned yesterday 6/26/2018
Read some reviews that made myself a little nervous before heading down. I don't usually write reviews but thought i should so others don't feel the way I did heading down or even hesitating to booking the trip. BOOK IT NOW!

This property is unbelievably beautiful. It was sold out and never once did it feel crowded. This place is simply amazing with some of the nicest people you are going to come across. These employees go above and beyond for your every request. They are always quick with a hello and smile. i had one small issue with the cabana reservation, night manager Darrion.. was quick to help. I only stated my room number and without looking he new exactly who i was. that's impressive. Also stopped immediately what he was doing and walked me to the cabana by the pool realized it was suppose to be at the ocean, and he walked me down to my preferred spot and apologize even though one was not needed.. Also, i wasn't a butler level room just a normal room and the service was just the same.

And an easy flight - First that - woke up at 3 am in Pennsylvania by 12:30pm I was in the ocean!! Fly delta if possible. Atlanta is their hub and they keep it moving for Delta. you will have minimal problems. Also, Delta is first flight to land and leave every day(that is key).

Arrival: It is a little slow, pack your suits in your carry on and you will have no problems. read the reviews about the check in process and they were accurate, arrived at noon(flight was early) the room wasn't ready....so the wife and i put on our suits, went swimming, had some drinks and food then came back at our leisure around 4:30 and room was ready! If you don't do this you could have an annoying first couple hours.
Beach: The beach is the main reason to come: It is unbelievable. Brightest blue i have ever seen. beach is combed everyday and ultra clean. we had a reserved cabana everyday so fighting for one wasn't an issue for us. We brought googles for ocean swim and they worked great i would recommend doing so. water is shallow as well. We swam out hundreds of yards and still could stand. also very few ocean life, there is a sand bar out further than we swam that keeps larger game away so no fears on Sharks or Stingrays. We basically lived a the beach all 7 days. Again, This is the reason for coming, the beach is breath taking.

Pools: main pool is party atmosphere. with swim up bar. Nice if you wanna have some drinks, interact with people and listen to music.
Quiet Pool: Nice and relaxing, doesn't have swim up bar but does have a bar 10 feet from it. They don't make frozen drinks for noise purposes but makes all others. outside of the beach we spent much of our time here cause we have two young kids and peace and quiet was just what we were looking for.

Room: perfect size had grand Luxe suite with OceanView - NO BUTLER, I won't get into that too much cause.... if you are in the room then you are missing the point of coming to this resort.

Atmosphere: Read some reviews about being 41 and feeling young. as stated my wife and I are 36 and felt we were about the median age. Of course some older couples but a ton of newly weds, could tell cause they all had their matching MR and Mrs shirts. My guess if you come during USA winter months then the median age is older but June a lot of honeymooners.

Restaurants: They are all simply good. If you come here expecting the steaks to be phenomenal then you are going to be disappointed but hey you came to a tropical island expecting beef to be amazing. that's a YOU problem. Fish is all great.
But i have to say we were really looking forward to the Jerk Shack and Man did that NOT disappoint. Shantel runs a great little shack! The chicken, pork and sausage is out of this world!

Golf: its challenging both nines. front nine is tight, back nine is some of the best views you are ever going to see on a golf course. the show: Bring break was shot here!!
greens are easy, not cut short, my guess cause it would make it extremely difficult for all the leisure golfers just playing cause there is a course present and the views it presents.
Bring golf balls and bring a lot.

Don't hesitate to book this resort! Not for a while but we will be back!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
19  Thank jlapores4
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

I was very nervous about our stay in the beginning as I had read some less then favorable reviews of the property/water. We do not get away alone often and the price tag on this trip was not cheap. I decided to email the GM of the property as I don’t mess around nor was I going to waste my much needed time alone with my husband not being able to get in the beautiful ocean. First of all, he took the time before, during and after to reach out to me and ease any concern I had. He even sent me pictures of the water to show me the mess had been cleaned up and taken care of and wouldn’t happen again. I have the upmost respect for him as he emailed back and forth with me countless times to make sure everything was to my liking. This is a busy man who interacts with thousands of people on a monthly basis...I didn’t even have butler service just a regular ocean view room, and he still made it a point to make sure we were happy. My husband and I enjoyed our stay and thought the food was great. The service was great...breakfast servers at the Italian resturant were a little slow, but it was fine. We weren’t in
A huge hurry. They aren’t as attentive as places I’ve stayed before...but different culture, I feel this island is just a little more laid back. I did get up early (7:15/30) to throw some towels on beach chairs so that we didn’t have to walk so far down the beach when we came in for meals or drinks. We brought our Yetis, so we didn’t need to refil our drinks often. One day Martin killed the beach service....I didn’t notice waiters everyday, but the day he worked he was on it and worked his rear off! You can request room service the night before if you have an early outing. B’fast was delivered right on time as ‘to go’ fruit for the pigs. We absolutely would come back, but next time with friends. The pool area definitely has more of a party feel (nothing crazy) but we would’ve enjoyed having friends. It did give us an opportunity to meet other couples from the US though. They decorated our room and table for our anniversary- very thoughtful and fun little surprises to come back to room and see. You can sign a waiver and not go to the airport so early before your return flight. It’s 1 room with limited seating and NO air. There is a Restaurant in front of the airport you can check in for your flight and then visit if you do go early. We did a private boat trip with Captain Andrew Clarke of Comfort Tours on the day of our anniversary that was the highlight of our trip. We customized our day and did everything we wanted and had the time of our life. Well worth the price to be just my husband and I along with him and his son, Anthonee who also captains the boat. His boat was beautiful and so clean...he provided snacks, beer and fishing bate for us. Beautiful, Beautiful water and just a great experience, overall.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
3  Thank smassey45
Reviewed 26 June 2018

I had the pleasure of spending some time at Sandals Resort this week. We enjoyed drinks by the beautiful pool, then some sushi at the Japanese restaurant and then had dinner at Bombay. The food was delicious! The staff was very friendly and accommodating. We finished off the evening sitting at a fire pit by the pool. Overall amazing!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Nanci63
Reviewed 25 June 2018

Jeremy Mutton, the General Manager, made sure that our group of four had an amazing experience last night. We all remarked on the improvement in the overall atmosphere, and attitude of ALL of the staff; compared to our experiences at the Four Seasons Resort from a several years ago. The staff were upbeat, informed, and very genuine. Sarkar at the Bombay Club was gracious and accommodating as usual and the serving staff was helpful and knowledgeable. The sushi and Indian food was as good, or better than any that we have had in the US, or London, or Japan. The manager and staff at Soy were equally knowledgable and helpful. Jamaal stopped by to see us several times through out the evening which added to the personalized experience. The dining and restaurant experiences change and improve every year that we have been visiting the Resort. We can't imagine how it could get any better.

Stayed: June 2018
2  Thank Sn0wb0ard24
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

You can not go wrong in staying here. Sandals emerald bay continues to be an amazing. We were greeted at the airport by friendly Sandals employees after arriving via an Air Canada flight. The airport is small but employees efficient. Our transfer to SEB was less than a fifteen minute ride where we were again “welcomed home”.

The grounds of SEB are kept immaculately, the ocean is a stunning crystal blue and the white powdery sand beach breathtaking. The water was calm during our stay allowing us ample time to paddle board and see angel fish through the clear water. We noted several changes to the buildings since our last visit, including new washrooms by the quiet pool and new furnishings in some areas.

We stayed in a beachfront walkout butler suite....Amazing views from our patio and the room was impeccably clean, courtesy of housekeeping staff, Dazel and Olive. All of the employees we encountered were friendly and helpful....nothing less. That said, we especially need to acknowledge our butler team, Greg, Quentin, and Stephan. These three men excel at their jobs, anticipating what we like and ensuring we were well looked after! They are an asset to SEB.

There are a wide variety of dining options at SEB and we have never had a bad meal in any of our visits. Clearly the chefs take pride. Soy probably has the best sushi we have ever eaten and the French restaurant has amazing chicken cordon blue. Kristoff was our waiter there and provided fantastic service. We also really enjoy the beachside setting of Barefoot and how well we are treated by Theon at Bahama Bay.

If you want a relaxing vacation while enjoying the beauty of the Exuma, this is the place to go!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple