“Tasty, unique meals in comfortable setting”
Review of Blu at Exuma Palms - CLOSED

Blu at Exuma Palms
Price range: US$14 - US$50
Cuisines: European, French, Bahamian
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: We are a new concept restaurant on Great Exuma!! Not only are we on one of the most beautiful beaches in Exuma, but we are both from hospitality backgrounds. Ben, the chef hails from Ireland, where he trained under the Michelin Starred chef Derry Clarke during his apprenticeship, before heading to Washington DC and working in various restaurants. After that he went to Tokyo for a year working in the Michelin starred Gordon Ramsay restaurant. After his Asian affair he joined mega yachts where he served the wealthy throughout the entire Caribbean and Mediterranean for several years before falling in love with Exuma. Clare the Manager, from London has spent 8 years serving the uber rich and famous aboard some of the worlds most glamorous and largest yachts in the world. Open for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner daily, with themed nights. Monday is Mexican night, Friday is Indian and Sunday sip Goombay Smashes listening to live Rake 'n Scrape music while feasting on the Islands famous Grillmasters pit, pulled Pork, Chicken and all the fixings...We play cool old tunes, with a casual, ocean front ambiance, serving fine cuisine from around the world, served well with a smile. Call for reservations.
Reviewed 7 March 2014

We enjoyed a few meals at Blu during our stay at Exuma Palms. A couple breakfasts, where we had an omelette, breakfast sandwich, and poached eggs (not all at one sitting :-)). Also a casual lunch of BLTs and fries. And dinners that included linguini with clams, a shrimp appetizer, and Mexican night. Everything was fresh & delicious. The menu varies from day to day; the service was friendly.

Everything you hear about Ben is true - not only is he a talented chef, but also a personable, charismatic person.

While in Exuma, you should eat at Blu at least once. If you do, you'll probably return.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

My fiance and I greatly enjoyed all of the dishes at Blu and would recommend it to anyone looking for delicious food and a wide range of choice on Exuma! While we were only in Exuma for 5 days, we ate at Blu every evening. The menu at Blu changed every day and featured Mexican, Indian and local game/fish themed menus on different nights of the week.

The dishes are beautifully presented and often featured local ingredients, including fresh basil, heirloom tomatoes and baby spinach. The flavours were very fresh and offered a unique take on traditional dishes.

The atmosphere is great as well, with indoor and outdoor seating and just steps from the beach. The staff are very helpful as well and provide great local tourist advice!

Chef Ben was extremely accommodating and being vegetarian, he was able to amend anything on the menu to fit our diet. He made a fabulous quesadilla with fire roasted veggies and hot sauce. Awesome!!

Would highly recommend this place for anyone staying on the island - a must eat at restaurant!

Reviewed 3 February 2014

My husband and I have been to Exuma many time and were happy to hear of Blu (formerly Three Sisters). It has been freshly renovated and has a lovely feel.

We ate here twice. The first time was an Indian / Curry night (Friday night) which was a lovely surprise. The food was delicious and spicy.

Ben is a lovely guy and you can tell he has cooked in a Michelin Star restaurant previously.

The second night we went along was the normal A La Carte menu. By this time we were a bit "fooded" out if that makes sense. We had eaten lunch and dinner out for a week so were looking for something different. I had two appetizers as a main which was seafood spring rolls with a lime and coriander dip and king prawns finished in a cream/wine sauce. Delicious! Chris had a lovely pasta carbonara which was tasty and made a lovely change from the usual Bahamian food.

A must visit and tell Ben we sent you :-)

Reviewed 3 February 2014

Two years later after writing the first review of this place, we found the blu Bistro still offers the most creative and chef inspired options using local ingredients of all the beach spots. Just take a look at their lunch menu on their web site.

The Exuma Palms blu Bistro was re-opened in 2012 by Irish chef Ben Dineen. Ben had worked in France and Tokyo and then on luxury yachts, and decided to become more grounded by refurbishing the Exuma Palms Hotel and making its’ blu Bistro a destination spot for food. And the restaurant patio overlooking the Three Sisters Beach (one of Exuma’s finest) is a destination in itself if you just want a happy hour beer. While the format has changed (Monday is Mexican, Friday is Indian and every Sunday is pizza movie night; Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday is a la carte; and Wednesdays they’re closed), the quality hasn't.

Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

I was so looking forward to dining here! I had read previous reviews and told my husband we had to eat here! when we arrived I could just tell that something was off. The woman that greeted us seemed to be overwhelmed. She and another woman working also seemed to be having miscommunication about where to sit guests. After we got our drinks we sat there for a long while.We were not given menus and no one explained that it was Mexican night which consisted of a fixed menu. So we continued to just sit there. Finally my husband went to the bar and asked and the overwhelmed bartender(?) explained that it was Mexican night. Eventually an appetizer of pita chips, salsa and guacamole was brought to us. But again there was no explanation. A woman just came and set it on the table and walked away. People began streaming in and things just got worse and more chaotic. I started to get anxiety because there was no clear direction by staff to customers. Our main meal came out in sections and again the woman delivering the food said nothing to us. She just set the food down without any explanation about the meal. Being from New Mexico I could obviously tell we were served fajitas, but it still would have been nice to have some kind of interaction by the staff. something along the lines of "here we have chicken and steak fajitas with fresh cilantro and tortillas" but we got nothing. my husband said " maybe they don't want us here". he thought this was possible because we were dressed casually and are younger couple. I pointed out that the staff was probably just overwhelmed and maybe new. on the up side, the food was pretty tasty. the fajitas tasted great and I loved the Tex-Mex style chili served with it. We didn't stay long though. More people were pouring in and we were being completely ignored. My husband asked several times for the check. then we saw we weren't charged for a bottle of wine so we had to wait longer to pay for that. we boxed our food and left as soon as possible. Again I think it was just an off night for the staff. The food was a little pricey but it was tasty. I would try the place again for sure though.

Ben D, Owner at Blu at Exuma Palms, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2014

Hey Guys! I'm so sorry, it was a lot busier than we expected, and were down two staff, I, the owner and chef normally bring the food out and describe each dish, unfortunately my sous chef had to go away for the christmas new year period, and I was stuck in there. I'm so very sorry but glad that you enjoyed it, and being from that neck of the woods, know your Mexican! I would love to see you back.
Thanks so much