“Great place with nice views”
Review of The Ferry Inn

The Ferry Inn
Ranked #2 of 12 Restaurants in St. Dogmaels
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly, View, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 16 August 2018

Had a nice meal in here, looks small from outside but goes well back. Great views of the bay and nice food. Recommend..

Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

Called in for a drink so we booked a table for the following night the food was excellent lovely pub with great staff very efficient and friendly three different staff came to our table and asked us if our meal was ok first class all round lovely setting overlooking the estuary lovely village to visit

Reviewed 12 August 2018

My husband found the Ferry Inn on his phone after we'd walked out in disgust from the Royal Oak in Newport (which I've also reviewed). Basically, the two establishments couldn't be more different from one another.
The staff member my husband spoke to on the phone at the Ferry Inn found a place to seat us indoors even though it was at very short notice & they were so busy.
Our little dog was welcome, so unlike the place we'd walked out of earlier that afternooon.
I asked for something rather specific - apple juice with lemon juice squeezed into it (because my gall bladder felt as if it was getting a bit tight) - the staff were very happy to oblige. When I asked for the same drink a second time they even provided a large half a lemon so I could squeeze in as much as I wanted - & brought me a spoon to fish out the pips!
There was a good selection of food - for the starter, I chose wild mushrooms on toast & my husband had smoked mackeral pate. We shared a main course of nut roast with roast vegetables. I had a side order of salad & my husband had chips.
Then the staff did something lovely. We'd been seated in a busy area because we'd given them such little notice but it had quietened down by this point & presumably they could tell Kiki was a very quiet & well behaved dog. So they asked us if we'd like to move to the main restaurant area for our desserts & coffee! I pointed out we had a dog with us but they didn't mind so we moved through to an open, area where it was much lighter & more airy with beautiful views over the estuary.
I had dark chocolate torte with rum & raisin ice cream & an americano with cream for pudding & my husband had 'eton mess'. They tasted lovely & were well presented. We were very impressed with both the quality & the portion sizes throughout the entire meal.
A lady who I believe was in the role of head waitress or hostess was very kind to us even though she didn't know anything about the horrible time we'd had at the Royal Oak in Newport & she even brought Kiki a small steak titbit which she devoured with glee - that's the dog, not the lady!
The decor & atmosphere were pleasant & very interesting, the hiddly piddly architecture fascinating & the toilets clean & well maintained.
Essentially, the Ferry Inn rescued us from an upsetting, disappointing experience elsewhere - redeemed it & made everything better again.
Thank you, Ferry Inn!

tiefiside, Owner at The Ferry Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review.
I didn't know about your experience earlier in the evening, I am just happy that you ended up enjoying your evening with us!
We look forward to meeting yourselves and Kiki again!
Kind Regards
Liz

Reviewed 8 August 2018

We have been here twice in the last 5 days and we have not been disappointed. We have been accommodated even on the second occasion when we had our Old English sheepdog with us. Dogs are very welcome at the pub. Great food and great choice of beers, ciders and lagers. The staff are first class and very attentive and polite. Great views with seating inside and out but would recommend sitting outside as the views at different times is stunning especially at sunset.
Well worth a visit as they cater for food allergies (Gluten) as well as an excellent children’s menu.
Would thoroughly recommend a visit.

Reviewed 7 August 2018

We had no idea how great this place would e until we got inside. It really is a tardis with incredible view, brilliant staff and delicious food.