“Loved this place!”

Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

After an afternoon coasteering my friend and I had worked up an appetite and were looking for something tasty and filling to eat, the Stackpole in fitted the bill perfectly and in so many more ways than just food! The front garden was well kept and inviting and we received a very warm welcome from the hosts. It was difficult to choose from the menu as there was such a good selection including a good choice of fish on the specials board. We both opted for the cod and chips with homemade mushy peas and this did not disappoint. The fish was so fresh, the batter was light and crispy, the mushy peas were perfectly mushy and the chips seemed homemade and were delicious - I say this because for something so simple it is so easy to get the humble chip so wrong! I can say with confidence that this was probably the best cod and chips I have ever had and I have eaten in some good restaurants. On top of the great food, the Inn itself was cosy and well-presented and the toilets clean - yes this is important! I would definitely recommend and will be visiting again when I am in the area. Keep up the good work!!!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We were in the area for a few days and decided to have dinner here everything was superb lovely friendly staff great drinks and excellent food highly recommended delightful part of South Wales can’t wait to return

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This Inn never fails to impress. The care with which the chef prepares and presents the meals and the absolute quality of the ingredients sets this place apart. Service is relaxed and the atmosphere is comfortably informal. It's great that the back bar is also dog friendly.
The Inn has a great depth of character and is unique in this age of chain restaurants. I probably only manage to eat there once a year but I'm welcomed like an old friend. A testament to the owners that they have such great staff retention.
Booking is almost essential to avoid disappointment, particularly at the height of the season.

1  Thank Mike S
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Well well well worth a visit. Prices are not cheap but not overly high, especially for the fabulous quality of the food. We visited for lunch and enjoyed it so much we came back for dinner several nights later and were again impressed. Beautiful area to sit outside in good weather and lovely cosy interior during wetter weather. Food was superb!! Can't wait to go back

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Evening visit having booked. Extensive selection of fish on the specials board with various dressings. I chose sea bass and my daughter had a Himalayan salt cured steak. Both delicious, well cooked and a delight to see on the plates. Great chips on the side too. There is a large garden seating area where I reckon one could while away an afternoon with a great lunch.