All reviews room was clean pocket door served its purpose breakfast lady continental breakfast was very good desk staff was very friendly small bathroom great night's sleep the breakfast area waffle maker thrift store tile floors would stay here again breakfast choices yogurt an older hotel public beach
Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

The service was great. When we got to our room, it looked ok but later that night when me and my girls returned to go to bed. I took a shower and OHH MY what did I see in the shower, curly hairs in the shower and hair clippings above the shower door. Since the cleaning lady was gone and no rooms available in destin the weekend we went. I had some Lysol and I went to cleaning. Then the girls bed and my bed were wet. The bed sheets were damp, so got new sheets and sprayed about the whole can of Lysol. Won’t be back there!!!!!! Very disappointed

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Richard H
T S, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2018

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you experienced during your recent stay with us. That is certainly not the level of service our guests have come to deserve when staying in Destin and for that I am very sorry. I have discussed your concerns with our housekeeping team to ensure that future guests are not similarly inconvenienced. I truly would like to invite you back so that we can properly demonstrate our commitment to excellence which clearly we failed to show you this past weekend. Please contact me directly to arrange a return visit.

TS

Reviewed 23 January 2018

Very disappointed, I made a reservation on Hotels.com on 12/20/2017 for a stay scheduled for April 27th-April 29th of this year (2018). I tried contacting the hotel several times to cancel after I learned the relative we were going to visit In Florida had passed away unexpectedly shortly after we made the reservation with no luck. I was told by a very rude woman that they do not allow cancelations and that I would need to speak with the manager. Every time I tried to call back and speak to the manager he was unavailable. At this point between the frustration of dealing with my family member passing away and the lack of customer service and common human decency I contacted Hotels.com to see if there was anything they could do. They tried their best and had the same issue as I did so it took them about two weeks to get ahold of someone to only be told that they refused to issue the refund. I could completely understand them not issuing a refund if I had tried to cancel just before the trip, however there is still 3 months left before the date of arrival and they have plenty of time to fill that spot. I will never again reserve a hotel at any Sleep Inn location due to the poor service I received and lack of human decency!!!

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

Front desk lady was kind and the hall smelled nice. The room was clean and we got a super comfy king bed. It was also quiet. Breakfast was ok, we had no space to sit down tho. All in all we totally got what we paid for.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 949d_rat
Reviewed 11 December 2017 via mobile

This hotel (Sleep Inn) is nice and the staff are very friendly. There have been recent updates and renovations, which was a pleasant surprise. One of the renovations that may appeal to others, but we weren't overly thrilled with, is tile flooring on the 1st floor room we were assigned. When we asked if any carpeted rooms were available, the conversation was overheard by the owner of the property and our room was upgraded....to a suite! The accommodations were much nicer, including 2 couches and a kitchenette area. We were greeted by the staff every time we entered and exited the building, and they gave is great recommendations for local dining. We enjoyed our stay and will return the next time we are in the area.

Tee Faison

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Starr C. R
Reviewed 8 December 2017

This room was fine -- nothing overly bad but nothing overly great. The room was clean (though a little run down). I was hoping for a hot bath, but there was no bathtub.
However, the only significant down side was the sound proofing -- rather lack of soundproofing. I could literally hear the person in the next room snoring! If you don't have a loud neighbor, it's probably not a concern. The biggest plus was the great water pressure and temperature. The property is in a very convenient location. Because of that and the price, I'd stay here again.

• Trip type: Travelled solo