1,726 results
All reviews evening reception across the street made to order breakfast order omelettes private access surf hut complimentary breakfast excellent stay outlet mall family vacation spring break jim atrium destin beach receptions housekeeping
Reviewed 17 August 2018

This hotel is in a great location and it's within walking distance to the beach. The reception area and interior seems to have been recently renovated, which is nice. The breakfast has a wide variety of items to choose from and the omelette bar and service there was great. The rooms are a good size with lots of room for our family of four. The reason I have rated our overall stay as poor is due to the fact that upon walking into the room, it was like a beach in our room - both the carpeted and tile areas of the room had a lot of sand. Additionally, the room had a strong odor that actually permeated my clothing and even those articles that I did not wear had to be washed immediately when I got home because they carried that smell home with them. The room service while we were there was poor. The second day we were there it was 5pm and they had still not come and then when we called and requested service to empty trash cans and clean - the attendant was not nice. We also had room service trays that were left for 2 days outside of our room before they were picked up.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank southerngirl_111
EmbassySuitesDestin, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Destin - Miramar Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2018

Southerngirl_111

I agree we have a great location and a great breakfast and the only 2 hour open bar that you can find in the industry. We are though at the beach just a couple of hundred yards from the Gulf of Mexico and do fight the sand, and other beachy things that go along. We are looking to change flooring types this winter to try and fight the good fight. Our housekeepers start at 9 am and work until about 6pm daily. This way we are not interrupting guests too early as they are on vacation. If you would like service early just ask and we will be happy to take care of it. I am sorry that you did not fully enjoy your stay here. Hopefully you will give us another shot in the future.

Reviewed 16 August 2018

Went to spend some time with the kids vacationing from Texas. This was right down the street from them, just a 5-10 minute drive depending on traffic. Beautiful hotel, wonderful staff. Highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
EmbassySuitesDestin, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Destin - Miramar Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2018

corvettedreamin

Thanks for the 5 star review! Sounds like we were just the right fit your your trip. I love the location and how can you beat the amenities that Embassy has to offer. You will have to take another road trip and come see us! Late October is great weather here.........

Reviewed 15 August 2018

I was here for a wedding. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and spacious. I really enjoyed the free cooked to order breakfast and the managers reception every day. The beach is across the street and was very clean. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
EmbassySuitesDestin, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Destin - Miramar Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2018

Jaclyn

Thanks for the 5 stars! I am glad that you had a great time. Weddings are special times for making memories. We understand this and try an make sure that everything is just so. The beakfast and evening receptions are a great bonus and who doesnt love the beach! We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 13 August 2018

Very dark stains on golden carpet as you enter the front room of the suite. Very dirty sofa bed and ceiling fans. Horrible dirt and grime on bathroom fixtures. Pass on this hotel until a new manager can be hired.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank vvbundrage
EmbassySuitesDestin, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Destin - Miramar Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

VVbundgage

I am sorry that you were disappointed in your stay with us. I recall that on arrival you stated that you reserved a 2 bedroom suite and as we do not have that arrangement in our hotel you wanted 2 separate rooms as compensation. It was very clear on your reservation that you booked a 2 queen bed suite. We did offer to find you other arrangements in the area with that configuration for you as we wanted you to be happy with your stay in Destin. I did look back and did not see and extra effort requests from you during your stay after you were told we would be happy to help you relocate if you were not happy. This time of year is especially hard on the carpet as guests bring coolers, floats, umbrellas and many other beach related items back to their rooms with them. We do our best to clean as many room as we can between stays but unfortunately we just cant get them all. Our carpet is just over 4 years old and typically is slated to last 7 years in our case we are aware the beach has been hard on it.. We are currently working with Hilton on approval for a non carpeted flooring. This is not yet an approved item but it is in a couple of Beta hotels. We are hoping to be on the list as Beta hotel or if approved for use we will install new flooring this winter. We have a great hotel that finished number 15 of 251 last year of all Embassy Suites with the hotel winning a Connie Award of Excellence. Again I am sorry that you were disappointed with your stay in Destin.

Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

Rooms good. Water view rooms just that, you can see water but not beach....ok but. Private beach access is that...not private beach....just a gate and that will allow you on beach. Nothing private about it. Good play on words. Afternoon food chips and salsa??? Maybe. It’s an ok place but nothing special and be sure you understand the words. Front desk barely acceptable

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
EmbassySuitesDestin, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Destin - Miramar Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2018

JTRICH55

I'm sorry that you were disappointed in your stay. We are as advertised, across Scenic Gulf DR just 200 yards to our private beach access. We do have deeded beach property at our access without this you would have had to drive or walk a half mile to the nearest Public access. The Evening Reception that is offered is a 2 hour full open bar with call brands beer and wine, the food is as you mention bar snacks per the brands direction. We have a full service restaurant and great kitchen staff in case you want to order something a bit more like Crabcakes, Lobster Beignets, , Sliders, Wings and much much more. The room that you reserved is water view as we are not on the beach as I mentioned before and that room is larger than the others in the hotel with walk-in showers. We get many requests for these rooms. I like my staff as well as we are in the top 15% of the brand for service and won a Connie Award of Excellence from Hilton for 2017 being one of Embassy Suites top 15 hotels. Again I am sorry that you were disappointed. Next time If you want a Beach Front Hotel in our area give the Hilton Sandestin a try. They are about 2 miles east of us and have balcony rooms that will give you the view you are looking for. The only thing is that breakfast is not included, no evening reception and there is a resort fee that covers your parking and internet. It may be more of what you are looking for. Thanks for staying with us and again I am sorry that you were disappointed in your stay.