All reviews steak pie varied selection romantic break meringue kippers wedding party very comfortable room real ale lovely hotel high tea well worth a visit log fire fantastic food caravan site warm welcome home made an evening meal
Reviewed 23 March 2016

Got a very warm welcome from the lovely Peter. Carried my bags etc couldn't have been more attentive. The heating had been put on so the room was warm and cozy.The room (12) was beautiful and immaculate, with comfy bed, Emma Bridgewater mugs and a box of..surprise...home made shortbread. Maybe feather pillows? Oh please a bigger tele.
Delicious breakfast, great smoked bacon and local sausages. Many thanks .

Room Tip: Mine was on the front overlooking the road, didn't bother me.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
JoSutherland, Owner at Carfraemill, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2016

Thanks Pat, it's lovely of you to have taken time to review us. I passed your comments on to Pete, he'll be pleased to have made an impression! If you'd like a feather pillow next time you stay, please call ahead to arrange - we can't have feather as standard given allergies of many folk to feathers. Also, thanks re the TVs - we'll definitely go bigger at our next upgrade.

Jo

Reviewed 10 March 2016

Had a lovely evening, super staff with character and smiles right from our arrival.
Met up with friends for a delicious meal and wine, was good to catch up, look forward to visiting again, thank you so much.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
JoSutherland, Owner at Carfraemill, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2016

Thank you so much for posting this review, it makes us very happy to hear all of your comments, especially those around the staff (we think they are super too!).

Jo

Reviewed 8 November 2015

Called in for breakfast whilst working in the area. Lovely breakfast with very friendly service. Go for the full Scottish breakfast, well worth it. Highly recommend a visit if you happen to be in the area

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 September 2015

Spent last Sunday with an absolutely first class picnic hamper from Carfraemill. The hotel's staff were charming and delighted to answer any of our requests. Bubbles, cold meats, fish, salads, coffee, the works! We took our supplies up the farm road behind the hotel and enjoyed a magical afternoon in the late summer sunshine. The views were as beautiful as the food.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2015

I have stopped for food at this Hotel many times travelling back and forth to Northumberland, the food has always been excellent. This time I had had a long day and was tired whilst driving south so I asked if they had a room. The room I got was a very clean, well appointed double room. The bed was comfortable and the room warm.
After dinner I stayed in the dining room to read, by 10:30 I was the only person in the hotel! A little strange, but not a problem.
Breakfast was excellent. All in all I had a very nice impromptu stay. I will certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo