“Great”
Review of The Old Bakehouse

The Old Bakehouse
Price range: US$7 - US$40
Cuisines: Scottish, British, Bar
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Fabulous fresh produce, carefully prepared, simply cooked and beautifully presented. This Historic and Popular restaurant sits in the beautiful and picturesque village of West Linton in the Scottish Borders. Serving a large range of locally sourced, seasonal fresh produce with a diverse range of tastes in mind. We pride ourselves on great hospitality and the very best food in a relaxed welcoming and cosy environment.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Myself and two fiends went to the bake house after a long but lovely day at the highland show . We had a lovely welcome from linda and her staff.
The food was amazing the service was great , we will be back

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

First visit, it could not have been better, first class food generous portions, lovely welcome from owner and all the staff, would highly recommend

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

4 of us had dinner at The Bakehouse not long after the re-opening and it was excellent. The food and atmosphere were good. Glad to see it so busy. We’ll be back soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Delighted to see Fiona and Steve back at The Old Bakehouse. We booked breakfast for 6 and as ever the food, service and friendly welcome ensured we will be back again next weekend! Fiona delivers a fabulous front of house and the kitchen team deliver up great food. Fantastic to hjave our favourite local restaurant back under old management - long may it continue.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband and I had a lovely meal on Saturday night. The service as always was fantastic. Fiona ensured she had time for a quick catch up with everyone whilst being run off her feet between kitchen and restaurant. We both had liver pate to start with, which was really delicious! I had fish n chips, fish was very fresh and lovely crispy batter. I had wedges with mine, the other choice being skinny fries. If I'm being honest, I don't really like wedges or skinny fries, so for me handcooked chips would have been my potato of choice! Too full for puddings! Amy looked after us so well and we had the pleasure of meeting Alfie, her beautiful dog as we were walking home!
I think the food and service will only get better when everyone settles in, but it is nice to have the Bakehouse open again and to see it busy. Good luck to you all guys, see you soon!