“Good Burgers”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 November 2016 via mobile

Stopped in for an early dinner Nov. 21. We were one of two couples having dinner. The hostess/server was very nice. All tables get a large bottle of water upon seating. We both ordered the house Orcas burger. We had them once before and we were not disappointed this time either. The burger is served on a large crusty bun with lettuce, bacon, a hint of steak sauce and a choice of cheese. It comes with a pickle and a large serving of waffle fries. I asked for a house salad instead of fries which they did at no extra charge. Very good meal, service and a nice view of the water.

Reviewed 11 October 2016

Had dinner at Octavia's primarily due to a dearth of dinner establishments in East Sound. the service was great, prompt and attentive. The food was okay. The grilled chicken was well cooked (two of us had that), one of the steaks was really tiny (wasn't advertised as Filet), the other good. I had the meatloaf. First time I have ever had "Bulgarian" meatloaf? It had carrots (not that strange), hard boiled egg (again, not that strange) and pickles. (strange) I didn't really care for it. The brocollini was a tad undercooked. Desert choices are very limited, but the double chocolate cheesecake was awesome. For the price, we didn't think it was worth it.

1  Thank JosephJFuller
Reviewed 18 September 2016

We had dinner here while waiting for the ferry. The menu provided the meal I was looking forward to after several hours out whale watching. The view was amazing and the ambiance great, and as mentioned, menu appetizing. We were not offered any water and had to ask for it - after our wine was served. I ordered fettucini Alfredo, and my companion order the special spaghetti and meatballs. Our request for garlic bread, which is not on the menu, was accommodated and was the best part of the meal.

My Alfredo sauce was either curdled and overcooked or made with Ricotta cheese. It was not the thick creamy Alfredo I was looking forward to. My companion's spaghetti and meatballs was exactly that. Two meatballs on top of spaghetti. No marinara/tomato sauce accompanying the dish. We were very disappointed, but starving, so we did not question our dishes. For the price and for the usual expectation for these common dishes, the meal fell short.

We took our leftover pasta, purchased grocery store Alfredo sauce and enjoyed that more.

1  Thank Barbara J
Reviewed 16 September 2016

We loved having dinner in this restaurant located in historic Orcas Hotel. The menu has a good selection. We ordered stuffed mushrooms as an appetizer, and then a steak for our entree, along with mac n cheese, Brussels sprouts.... and of course wine. The steak was cooked to perfection, and overall the meal was better than we expected. It was perfect for the two of us. Everything was very tasty, and we only wished we saved room for dessert. Our service was friendly, and there was a nice, relaxed ambience.

Reviewed 26 July 2016

My family missed the ferry back to Anacortes, so we had no choice but to wait for the next one. We decided to have dinner at Octavia's. What a very pleasant surprise! The view over the harbor is beautiful. The food was nutritious and tasty. We enjoyed the grilled salmon, risotto, and turkey sandwich ordered from the cafe next door (subbing the waffle fries for a salad). They had one of my favorite Pinot Grigios (Duck Pond). Service was like "at home". What started as a disappointment turned into a highlight of the evening. I recommend Octavia's, not just for missed ferries! :)

2  Thank MarkLONDONUK58