“In Orcas Hotel near Ferry Landing”
Review of Octavia's Bistro

Octavia's Bistro
Ranked #2 of 4 Restaurants in Orcas
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 April 2017

Small, intimate. Location convenient near ferry landing. Food was good but not exceptional. Had half rack of ribs for $18 Prices a little high.

Reviewed 31 December 2016 via mobile

My wife ordered the prime rib and I had the BBQ ribs. Both were absolutely fabulous! Huge piece of prime rib served with smashed potatoes (the highlight of the meal). My ribs were falling off the bone and the sauce was outstanding. The waffle fries were excellent as well. How they manage to serve such good food with only a few patrons in the restaurant was beyond me. I would have loved to try dessert but we were way too stuffed. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 26 November 2016 via mobile

Stopped in for an early dinner Nov. 21. We were one of two couples having dinner. The hostess/server was very nice. All tables get a large bottle of water upon seating. We both ordered the house Orcas burger. We had them once before and we were not disappointed this time either. The burger is served on a large crusty bun with lettuce, bacon, a hint of steak sauce and a choice of cheese. It comes with a pickle and a large serving of waffle fries. I asked for a house salad instead of fries which they did at no extra charge. Very good meal, service and a nice view of the water.

Reviewed 11 October 2016

Had dinner at Octavia's primarily due to a dearth of dinner establishments in East Sound. the service was great, prompt and attentive. The food was okay. The grilled chicken was well cooked (two of us had that), one of the steaks was really tiny (wasn't advertised as Filet), the other good. I had the meatloaf. First time I have ever had "Bulgarian" meatloaf? It had carrots (not that strange), hard boiled egg (again, not that strange) and pickles. (strange) I didn't really care for it. The brocollini was a tad undercooked. Desert choices are very limited, but the double chocolate cheesecake was awesome. For the price, we didn't think it was worth it.

1  Thank JosephJFuller
Reviewed 18 September 2016

We had dinner here while waiting for the ferry. The menu provided the meal I was looking forward to after several hours out whale watching. The view was amazing and the ambiance great, and as mentioned, menu appetizing. We were not offered any water and had to ask for it - after our wine was served. I ordered fettucini Alfredo, and my companion order the special spaghetti and meatballs. Our request for garlic bread, which is not on the menu, was accommodated and was the best part of the meal.

My Alfredo sauce was either curdled and overcooked or made with Ricotta cheese. It was not the thick creamy Alfredo I was looking forward to. My companion's spaghetti and meatballs was exactly that. Two meatballs on top of spaghetti. No marinara/tomato sauce accompanying the dish. We were very disappointed, but starving, so we did not question our dishes. For the price and for the usual expectation for these common dishes, the meal fell short.

We took our leftover pasta, purchased grocery store Alfredo sauce and enjoyed that more.

1  Thank Barbara J