“Was not my favorite but still very good ”

Restaurante Isla Verde
Ranked #238 of 1,371 Restaurants in San Jose Metro
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: Chinese
Description: We are a family owned business first generation from China. We have been in business since 1996, and our mission is to bring our customers home style Cantonese cuisine.
Reviewed 8 August 2016 via mobile

The place was very nice, the food was not the best but still good. Price is a little high and you can tell that it is not a place to go on a budget.

LucyShum, Propietario at Restaurante Isla Verde, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2016

Dear Robert L,

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor!

I´d like to recommend you our lunch specials or "Almuerzo Ejecutivo". Is a menu of 16 different options, price ranges from ¢3,815 colones to ¢4,920 colones, all taxes included. Includes salad bar, and natural drink. Menu available Monday thru Friday. Please come visit and try!

All the best,

Lucía Shum

Reviewed 11 January 2016

we've had the privilige of having lunch and dinner on several occasions in the Isla Verde restaurant and we can absolutely recommend it! Good food, nice and efficient staff. In the kitchen rules Mother, who keeps an eye on the preparations according to high quality standards and every Saturday she goes to the market to buy all vegetables and ingredients. Freshness equals quality and is so typical for good Chinese cuisine. Kindness, good service and excellence of the food are the major assets of this restaurant !

Reviewed 7 January 2016

I have some Dietary Health Needs (I.E No MSG, No Garlic, No Onions, No Cauliflower, Etc) & the Owners Specificaly Catered To My Needs Every Time With a Personal Touch & they make Breakfast as well.

They are Tri-Lingual (Or more, Perfect English Which Helps immensely.

They Will Always Have My Patronage If I'm in the area - Primarily Due To The Fact Of Being Attended to Personally By The Owners !!

MIKE NELSON (FLORIDA)

Reviewed 28 October 2015

Chinese is generally a disappointment in San Jose.. Isla Verde offers higher quality than other Chinese restaurants in the area. I often eat here for lunch. They have various lunch specials that make it a decent value. I also use them for carry out and the quality is slightly higher than the others in the area. Get the chili oil if you like it spicy.

Reviewed 20 September 2015

I went to have lunch with my mother because my sister said she went there like 5 years ago and it was good, however, it wasn´t really what she described. I had the fried pork in orange sauce served in a fried "canasta" (basket) the flavor was average but it had a bitter taste at the end (I know this is normal but a good chef should know how to minimize this), the fried "canasta" wasn`t crunchy as it´s supposed to be. My mom had some sort of shrimp with vegetables and garlic sauce, the flavor was nice but the mushrooms were not fresh, looked like something taken out of a can and the shrimp tasted too strong, like if they were not fresh. I won`t be going back to this place and this is for sure.