All reviewsdecent shoppingferry dockchowderbeautiful islandjoedocksideconch
Reviewed 31 March 2014

If you're expecting a Marriott or Hilton-like room, you're going to be disappointed here. The accommodations (cottages, really) are mostly adequate ("no frills") and similar to other Bahamas "no name" hotels. As others have stated, don't rely on website photos as they make the rooms appear much nicer than they actually are. This is a pricey island so the room rate was not unreasonable by local standards, but quite high compared to what your money could buy in south Florida, say. Food at the restaurant was good but, again, not a great value compared to a U.S. location ($17 hamburgers!). Curiously, my American Express card was accepted at the Front Desk but not at the restauant (Yes, I know I could have just charged the food to my room, but this struck me as odd). Wifi worked okay in the Lobby area but was horrible, almost non-existent, in the rooms. The grounds were pleasant and the hotel staff helpful. Lots of channels on the TV. In short, okay but won't exceed your expectations.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Nosmo K
RomoraBay, General Manager at Romora Bay Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2015

Dear Guest,

We want to thank you for taking the time to share your experience from 2014 with us. We are sorry to hear that our rooms failed to meet your expectations. Your feedback is very important and useful to our staff, and we’ll continue to work diligently to address any issues to ensure a wonderful and memorable vacation experience for all our guests.

Earlier this year, we rewired our internet to provide high-speed wireless internet in all the rooms and common areas at no cost to our guests. We also installed a brand new Reversed Osmosis (RO) system which produces over 17,000 of fresh water a day, the largest RO system on Harbour Island.

We are in the process up updating our website, which will launch this fall, and we can assure you that all photographs will be authentic and representative of the actual rooms and property.

Our guests are important to us, and we truly hope that you will consider giving us another chance to rectify your impression of us.

Warm Regards,

Joseph A. Dargavage – General Manager

Reviewed 27 March 2014

This is a very nice place to stay on Harbour Island. It is situated on the west coast of the island, which is perfect for sunsets!!! The cottage was very nice, just my style with a typical island feeling. There are other rooms which has been recently updated, but for me this was just great. Nice pool and the marina with it's bar and lounge right on the water is just fantastic for sunsets!!! The "pink" beach on the other side (east coast) of the island got to be one of the most fantastic beaches in the world ( and I have seen quite a few....) Short walks in to town with all the bars and restaurants rounds up Harbour Island as a perfect getaway place!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Langset
Reviewed 1 June 2013

We spent 4 days at the Marina in June 2012 and had a fabulous time! The pool offered blissful refreshment, the calm water around the Marina was perfect for paddleboarding, the restaurant/bar was convenient -- with friendly service, good food, and cold Kalik -- and the gift shop had some great, unique items. My husband had a GREAT time fishing with Pedro and Jordan. Romora Bay is conveniently located for exploring the rest of Harbour Island, too. FUN place. Hope to return soon!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 March 2013

The overall appearance of the Romora Bay is clean, quiet and serene. The spacious villa rooms are kept clean with amenities in working order. I have been going here for 5 years and all the rooms have been in good order.
The front desk staff will accommodate golf cart rental arrangements as well as other needs.
The bar is small with local bands playing on weekends. The bar is well stocked and the Bar Tenders are very pleasant and knowledgeable.
The pool is always clean and cool. Plenty of chairs for lounging. Adjacent to the pool is a small beach area with cabanas that overlook the marina.
The price is reasonable for the island and you are still able to walk to town or the beach without making it a day long affair.
The breakfast restaurant is excellent. Fresh eggs, no egg beaters here.
The bar kitchen serves up Caribbean fare of conch, fish tacos (spot on btw) and grilled chicken.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 July 2012

Let me preface this review by saying that Ramora Bay saved my honeymoon. Long story short the honeymoon began at a grossly misrepresented vacation rental on Eleuthera, after struggling to email back and forth with the owner via the most spotty wifi connection of all time we were refunded in full. As you can guess, we now had nowhere to stay, until I was able to contact Ramora Bay through Trip Advisor. I will admit a few of the reviews made me a little nervous, but we really had no other choice since there was a large wedding on the island. (there are very few rooms available since the island is so small) When we arrived by water taxi we were immediately impressed with the grounds. The trees, flowers, the infinity pool, and the marina combine to make a small but beautiful resort. As for the room we found it to be very clean, spacious and well decorated not to mention very comfortable bed. That being said it is easy to tell that it is not a brand new resort, nor is it swanky by any means, but the price in relation to location (beautiful island views, amazing beach, ect.) is very hard to beat. I paid more for a room with views of a highway and cornfields in Omaha Nebraska the night before we left! Did I mention we had a huge patio with a privacy fence that overlooked the marina, Eleuthera, and a sunset every night??! If you do travel to Harbour Island you will find that everything is a short walk from everything else, you will also find that you are welcome to eat, drink, and relax at any restaurant (even those located within other resorts) as well as explore any part of the pink sand beach you want. The island just exudes that cool go with the flow feel, while giving you a sense of freedom that you might not find on other islands/resorts, especially those unoriginal, unimaginative, one size fits all, better get your fill since you paid for it all inclusives that your neighbor won't stop talking about. In short I would highly recommend Ramora Bay to anyone seeking a relaxing weekend on a beautiful island, and wants to stay on budget!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple