We just returned from a family vacation to CSM on Long Island. We flew non-stop from ATL to Georgetown, Exuma on Delta and then chartered with Marty Fox -Island Wings to LI--perfect timing and very easy! Avoided Nassau altogether and returning to ATL was even a breeze given that it was spring break. SHHHH! don't tell anyone else...I was really torn whether or not to share this wonderful place with more people. We have traveled extensively in the Caribbean and have to say that it is the most beautiful beach we have ever rolled out of bed onto first thing in the morning! To be able to stay right on the beach--not lock your doors--never worry about the children wandering off or going in too deep--or watching too much TV is a LUXURY! That was the best part... no TV, video games, telephones, cell phones or laptops (they did catch American Idol in the main beach house TV room), but really, isn't that what vacations are all about? My parents arrived the day after we did, (try not to rely on BahamasAir--it did not make the scheduled stop in Stella Maris and took them directly to Deadmans Cay from Nassau delaying their arrival) and the kids spent time with all of us fishing, walking along the beach, star-gazing, swimming, kayaking and most of all, talking. I must address the restaurant/meal plan question...we stayed for seven nights and elected to have the modified meal plan (breakfast and dinner). We thought that the menu was extensive considering where we were. It is quite diverse, beef, pork, chicken and PLENTY of seafood. We went reef fishing with Bert and Doug one morning and caught our dinner--the chef prepared a platter of grilled and fried grouper, triggerfish and snapper that same evening--FRESH and delicious! The service was very typical of the other islands we have visited before, and we understand and respect that. I made sure that we showed our appreciation --always. I think that makes a huge difference when traveling and would never expect things to be the same in the Bahamas as they are at home. That's why we visit other places and experience their cultures. My husband asked me to add that the bone-fish are very smart in LI--they know how to hide and it is a great challenge to catch one. (My 9-year old son happened to out-fish he and my father on their excursion with Bert) Overall, I can't recommend this place more highly, from Breanda who greeted us when we arrived to Mark who greeted us at dinner every night and shared his stories to all the wonderful staff who made our stay so comfortable...I can't describe the feeling when your children tell you that they are sad to leave a place after seven days. Please feel free to contact us with any questions! And make sure you GO!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Untouched... Undiscovered... Barefoot elegance in a Caribbean paradise. Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort is unlike any place you have ever experienced. Mile after mile of silky-fine sandy beach melts into the warm turquoise water. With twenty bungalows and a handful of villas steps from the most beautiful beach in the Bahamas, an escape to Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort is an experience you will never forget. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort & Villas Hotel Long Island
- Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort And Villas
- Cape Santa Maria Beach Hotel