Greenwich Creek Lodge(Long Island)(Great Value!)
US$135
US$120
Harbor Breeze Villas(Clarence Town)(Great Value!)
US$165
US$101
  • Beachfront
Country Cove Inn(Deadman's Cay)
US$99
US$93
Hotels.com
Winter Haven Inn(Clarence Town)(Great Value!)
US$128
Priceline
Club Peace & Plenty(George Town)(Great Value!)
US$179
Regatta Point(Great Exuma)(Great Value!)
US$188
  • Beachfront
Yacht Club(George Town)
US$140
Gems At Paradise Resort(Clarence Town)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewsmeal planbeautiful beachreef fishingscreened in porchconch barsouthern airrented a carsandy caydean's blue holestella mariscolumbus monumentconch frittersbug spraypaddle boardsbreakfast and dinnerhobie catremote island
Reviewed 26 August 2017

Everything was perfect! The most beautiful beach I've ever seen so far. Very nice and attentive crew. A lot of activities to do on site (kayak, bike, fishing, snorkelling). Will definitely recommend it!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank 301coraliem
Reviewed 25 August 2017

We will keep coming back every year unless a hurricane destroys it. It is our favorite place in the world! If you need total relaxation, the most beautiful beach and mirror calm water with the nicest staff you will ever find, this is the place. If you want a pool bar, or even just a pool, or a disco or nightly entertainment or TV, phone or internet in your bungalow, choose a resort chain like Sandals, RIU, etc. CSM is total relaxation!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank dignplant
Reviewed 24 August 2017

Very quiet hotel located in an awesome place benefiting from the lack of large airports nearby. We've never seen such a nice beach with so few people.

As most people stated the staff is very friendly and you get to know most of them within a couple of days. The hotel is managed by a couple of friendly Canadians who really want to make sure you'll enjoy your stay.

Rooms (bungalows) are really spacious and all have a very nice patio with a direct ocean view and a bug mesh, so very enjoyable at night. We were in bungalow room 1 at the north end and it's probably the most quiet with a great beach, also close to a large lagoon. Rooms are rather simple but very comfortable. No phone, no TV, so you are totally disconnected when you go there although there is wi-fi access at the lobby if you need it. We were there with a teenager and appreciated the double rooms.

The beach is simply amazing, you can walk half a mile in at low tide. Water is clear and clean, with no seaweeds (at least during summer time). Since it's on the west side and located in a bay, waves are pretty small, so it's like a huge pool.

We did a reef fishing excursion organized by hotel staff with another couple and got more than 50 fishes in few hours. We went to the same reefs the next day doing scuba diving and saw lots of fishes and decent coral. Both activities were done with friendly people and were both well organized.

We also explored the island, renting a car at the hotel. Pretty safe and friendly island, no one tried to sell us anything or to bug us anywhere. I'm not even sure there is anything to sell on the island :-). Just kidding but you'll have to be really good to find a tourist store, if any.

Been to Dean Blue Hole, Colombus Point and visited the Hamilton Caves, which were all worth it.

Hope the island remains as quiet and enjoyable as it is.

In conclusion, the hotel is the exact opposite of Nassau's Atlantis. You won't find noise, casinos, overcrowded beaches, banana boats... in fact you won't find anything but a beautiful beach, great people and pretty good food.

If' you are looking for a place to relax, it's a pretty good one. We hope to have the opportunity to return in the coming years.

Room Tip: Don't get rooms right next to restaurant / lobby if you like quiet. The beach is good about everywhere.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
5  Thank Nestor
Reviewed 21 August 2017

After searching online for some of the top beaches, specifically in the Bahmams, I found this place. It was a bit of a journey for us as we came from California. This meant we had to take three planes to get here which is fine with me so long as it's worth it. I fell in love with the Bahamas 25 years ago so I thought from the pictures posted, this would be a good place to come where it's beautiful and with very little "traffic". I wanted a private island fele but I didn't have private island money. My 23 yrs old daughter and I stayed for 10 days and 9 nights. We had a one bedroom bungalow. It was very neat and clean and the a/c worked well. It had a large, screened patio just like you see in the pics. In the bungalows, there isn't any tv; however, we brought a laptop with 20+ movies ( you could also put this on a USB drive), We had plenty to watch at night and the morning. I would wake up kinda early (since this isn't exactly party town, you'll be in your room pretty early) and watch a movie on the comfy patio seats with a cup of coffee. We were able to get wifi in our bungalow so I could text and IM with friends and regularly post pics. The beach is everything you want it to be when you think of a paradisic island with clear water and most importantly, hardly any people at anytime! We loved it. That s just what I wanted. The staff are really nice, hospitable, and respectful, but this is reflective off the locals we met. Shout out to Breanda, extremely helpful, Pinky, Kelly, Jehu ( after the prophet ;) and Tykishno!!!).

We rented a car from the front desk and drove down to Dean's blue hole and stopped along the way at the old plantation ruins and small markets, and you should really stop at Max's Conch shack. Max is very amiable and will talk to you for hours about the island and anything really. His conch salad is pretty tasty and the hot sauce you'll find there and at the resort is Good! Fruit based vs. tomatoe based as we are used to in the US. Deans hole is worth the schlep from the resort, so do it!

The resort offers all the water activities you could want, snorkeling tours, scuba driving, fishing, catamaran, etc. They offer paddle boards, snorkel gear, floats, and kayaks for free. The beach is never full and there are only just a few couples maybe and some kids but nothing where it is a disturbance. Did I say the people are really nice? The managers make sure to check in with you, that you are happy and have what you need.

The restaurant offers nice views although the food is maybe slow coming. It's not for a lack of wait staff, and the managers definitely pull their weight when needed, i think it's more the cooks in the kitchen, but listen, your on vacation! This is an island and it's not Nassau. So is you want food in a New York minute, don't disappoint yourself. Relax, and kick back. The food portions I thought were large. We did not do the meal plan. We found that a salad each and an entree most times, was more than enough and sometimes, we each had and entree. The lobster tail was wicked large!

I'd come back again. I might try a villa next time. They have 5villa buildings which I think maybe means 10 villa accomdations? and 5 bungalows I think. You will meet people who come into the restaurant from the temporary Yachts that stay a night or few, and also pilots who stay there cause their clients are staying at the nearby gated community. This is a quiet, relaxing, friendly place with pretty good, tasty food and the fact the everyone is so nice, makes it a true retreat from the realities of the world. Oh, they also have a #jw.org congregation here and MUST visit, you'll feel just like at your home, they're soooo lovlely! :)

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
8  Thank Lizzy R
Reviewed 15 August 2017

I decided to use that title for my review because that is what our waitress said to us one night in response to a question and it fits this place so well. As their website says, if it wasn’t for the amenities you would think you were shipwrecked on a tropical island. This resort is very small and is the perfect place to just unwind and not do much more than enjoy the sand and sea. We used the time to reconnect after a rough six months and this was the ideal place to do it and enjoyed it so much that we have talked about going back once a year just to be together. If I remember correctly it consists of 5 duplex single bedroom bungalows and 5 two bedroom duplex bungalows plus several two story villas. All of the bungalows are on the water and it might be 150 feet at low tide to the water line. All have a large screened in porch with very comfortable chairs. The rooms while not lavish are neat, clean and very comfortable. We there in mid-July it was peaceful and very quiet. If there is someone within 50-100 ft of you on the beach it is crowded. I cannot really describe how quiet and laid back this place is. Ages ranged from honeymooners, to a few ‘mature’ couples to families with thankfully well behaved kids. Matt and Darby, the co-managers/hosts are very visible around the property and are most friendly and helpful. The whole staff is like that and virtually every one we ran into on the island is the same. The resort offers paddle boards, kayaks, sailboats and snorkel equipment along with fishing, snorkeling and tours to at least one other island.
We rented a car one day and went as far south as Clarence Town. If you do this make sure you stop at Max’s for conch salad and Dean’s Blue Hole. We also took a guided tour by Leonard Cartwright of his family’s caves. He knows them well since he played in them as a kid. There are no big towns much less cities on Long Island. AND what was really nice there are no souvenir shops or gift shops. There are a couple of very small shops that do sell woven palm frond purses, etc. Watch carefully as you drive because they are not readily apparent.

Getting to Cape Santa Maria is a bit of an adventure. We flew nonstop Dallas to Nassau, took a 3 minutes taxi ride to the private side of the airport and got into a 6 passenger charter plane. It is tight but what an adventure. Five sit in back and if you ask quickly enough one other person can sit in the co-pilots seat which is what I did on our way back to Naussau. Note that there are larger planes that fly to Long Island but they are more expensive.
As we flew back into Nassau we saw a couple of the big mega-resorts and were so happy we didn’t go there. I recommend this place highly!

Room Tip: This place is very quiet but the best bungalows are the ones at the very end for the most privacy.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple