Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
1,015 results
All reviews meal plan beautiful beach reef fishing screened in porch bedroom bungalow southern air conch bar sandy cay paddle boards rented a car dean's blue hole columbus monument crystal clear water stella maris conch fritters remote island main building
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 December 2020

The Bahamas is the perfect COVID vacation spot. The Bahamas is more advanced than most any country regarding reducing Covid transmission. You need a negative covid test within 5 day of arrival and a negative test on the island after 5 days. A Bahamas health visa is also required before arrival and is easy to obtain online. The $60 visa provides health insurance should it be required. Cape Santa Maria resort has one of the most gorgeous beaches in the Caribbean. The resort with its spacious beaches keep you secluded from others. The 2-bedroom Villas at the resort are very high end and allow separation from other guests. The resort's dining room is an open air room with more than adequate separation from others. The Cape Santa Maria resort is, in my opinion, the perfect and safe resort during Covid. It is located on Long Island in The Bahamas. There have been no COVID cases on Long Island for more than 3 months. IF you are fed up with COIVD and are looking for a place to escape, I recommend Cape Santa Maria on Long Island in The Bahamas.

Room tip: I recommend the villas (versus bungalows) . They are extremely high-end construction with all the amenities.
1  Thank Michael A
Reviewed 23 December 2020 via mobile

Ever since I discovered this place three years ago, I have visited yearly. I used to try a different island in the Caribbean for my once a year vacation, but stopped with the Cape. The silky white sand and clear water are difficult to beat (compared to BVI, Anguilla, Aruba, Tulum, and Turks and Caicos which are ALL gorgeous, but the Cape still tops them).

Now the Cape is even more special to me because we just got married here! After three reschedules this year due to COVID, we finally made it with a group of 9 (down from the originally planned 25). We planned the entire wedding and reception by email with Breanda and Kathleen (since we live in the U.S.). As a project manager by trade, I was not sure how that would work well, but it did! Kathleen made our wedding day especially smooth with extra personal touches and directing our group at different times with clear details. She is ALWAYS running around helping the staff and guests too!

Unlike many Caribbean islands, it’s actually affordable to get married here. No thousands of dollars in venue fees or anything like that, so look into it if it’s something you want to do!

If you are reading reviews trying to decide on this place, or Long Island in general, DO IT. If your goal is to relax with peace and quiet on a remote island, not a party resort/island, then go! There is no running out to a beach chair at sunrise to reserve a spot before they are all taken. You never have to worry about space!

We always fly to Nassau then use Stella Maris Air Service to land 20 minutes from the Cape. The Cape will arrange a taxi for you. It makes for a long travel day, but I’m always blown away once I arrive at the resort; the beach/water remind me why I travel far to visit here! If you are a pilot or have access to a private plane/jet, you can also fly into Stella Maris Airport and keep your plane/jet there until you depart.

The overall seclusion is worth it...I stayed at the resort when it was almost sold out one year and didn’t know it outside of the staff telling me. No crowds anywhere! You can spend the whole time at the resort and never get bored or rent a car from the resort and explore the island for a day. I do both every time because I like to see how the locals live and explore hidden beaches!

The main question is bungalow or villa. I’ve stayed in both and love both for different reasons. If you want colder AC, more upgraded features, TV, Wi-Fi, and a full kitchen, then the villas are awesome (all two bedrooms though). The one bedroom bungalows remove the technology and give you more of the old school beach vibe (also more affordable for couples). They have some two bedroom, one bath bungalows too. All rooms have equally gorgeous beachfront views...ALL. :) The porches for all room types look like the same size to me - one of the best features!

As far as the best time of year to go, I have been in May and December, and all trips were wonderful. May has better room rates, yet the temperatures/humidity and rain levels are noticeably higher then too. December is high season for a reason!

We enjoy their food menu with plenty of options. They have a full bar as well (way more options than other places on island). You can even order bottles of wine or champagne to your room. The lead bartender, Kelly, is an amazing guy, and we often eat dinner at the bar for fun conversation with him.

A few things to know and remember...

- Island time is real! This means enjoy your meals and don’t expect fast service like in America. You can always order to-go food and enjoy it on your porch for a change of scenery.
- Everything is imported, so prices are likely higher than your hometown for food, drinks, gas, etc. Plan accordingly!
- Take cash for paying and tipping taxi drivers in Nassau and Long Island for arrivals and departures. We also use it to tip the resort maids. You will need cash if you plan to venture off the resort property as many local places only accept cash. You can charge everything to your room while on property though!
- A tip of 15% is automatically included in all bar and restaurant bills, so remember to ADD more if you usually tip 20%, which is standard anyways, and remember your vacation is supporting the local economy at the same time!
- Ask the resort about activities! The resort offers some cool half day and full day excursions. A visit to Sandy Cay is a must - the most beautiful deserted beach island! We also paid for a private bonfire for our group one night, and it was a blast! The staff setup chairs around the fire, and we took our own bluetooth speaker for music. We even ordered cupcakes from a local baker for the bonfire.

Matt, the GM, is awesome and will make sure you have a great time, so don’t be afraid to ask questions or give feedback!

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank JHoff513
Reviewed 11 December 2020

I stayed one night on my way to the eastern Caribbean. I was pleasantly surprised upon arrival. The bungalows sit on the beach with a heavenly sunset at your doorstep. The restaurant had a large variety of dishes on the menu. The two meals i had were delicious and the staff was excellent.

Reviewed 9 December 2020

We’ve never experienced the solitude, quality of water and beach, natural loveliness and friendliness of staff at any other “resort”. Cape Santa Maria Resort is a slice of heaven on earth. Excellent food, first rate accommodations, helpful staff, wonderful managers (Kathleen and Matt), and everyone going the extra mile.

Date of stay: November 2020
1  Thank Justin W
Reviewed 17 November 2020

With the challenges that both the world and Cape Sant Maria faced during this Pandemic, They came out with flying colors! Being only 1 of 3 couples on the entire resort, Matt and Kathleen went out of their way to unsure we had everything we needed! The weather started off a little rough, but soon cleared and our stay was nothing more than spectacular. We felt like we were on a deserted island but, with all the luxuries and attention to detail. Can't wait to go back!

Date of stay: November 2020