Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
1,015 results
All reviews meal plan beautiful beach reef fishing screened in porch bedroom bungalow southern air conch bar sandy cay paddle boards rented a car dean's blue hole columbus monument crystal clear water stella maris conch fritters remote island main building
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 February 2022

My wife and I just had our best Bahama vacation ever! We have been traveling to the islands for seven years, staying at different resorts on many different islands. Cape Santa Maria was our favorite place to stay and we booked our next stay before we left. That's how much we liked it. The resort is small and very quaint. The beach is absolutely beautiful, the food and service in the restaurant could not have been any better. And the entire staff was very hospitable, courteous, professional and genuinely wanted to make sure that our vacation was special - and it was. The general manager, Matt, does a great job of overseeing the entire operation. He was very kind and helpful prior to our arrival, and was always available to answer questions and have a nice and pleasant conversation. I could go on and on. I can't say enough nice things. Again, the resort is beautiful, the food is great, and the entire staff and Matt are terrific! We can't wait to get back!

Bob Mc

Date of stay: January 2022
1  Thank robertmO7869PW
Reviewed 18 February 2022 via mobile

We had the greatest time at Cape Santa Maria resort. The beach is gorgeous, and the food very good. We have travelled all over the Caribbean and Bahamas. Nothing compares! The manager, I believe his name is Matt, is one of the nicest and friendliest managers I’ve ever met! It’s also super safe from Covid perspective. Don’t go for the night life"…..,,,go to relax, read, swim, kayak, and enjoy life. It’s one of the Islands best resorts!

Room tip: Fly to Nassau. The resort can connect you to Joel Friese - charter plane- to bring you to Stela Maris airport- then 20 min taxi to resort
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michael A
Reviewed 18 February 2022 via mobile

Wonderful resort in enchanting setting. One of my favourite places in the world. The place is paradise like and the staff are very professional.
Wonderful diving, fishing, kayaking and beach walking as well! Lots of sea life; saw dolphins, rays, small shark and plenty of fish. All this with a wonderful happy hour cocktail at sunset! Blissful! C’est un de mes endroit préféré au monde!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank catincosta
Reviewed 17 February 2022 via mobile

I've been to Cape Santa Maria resort 3 times in the last 2 years and every time we've been there we've really enjoyed the friendly staff as well as the very able and friendly servers. I do although seem to have run into trouble with the general manager, Matt Braer. The first time I had any trouble was when he asked me to call him back in February last year on his cell phone number that he gave me, to get him the names of our group ASAP, which I called back several times the next day to give them to him and he finally picked up and was extremely short with me and told me under no uncertain terms that I shouldn't call this number again and that he can see when someone's calling and would call back. I didn't think that he treated me with respect or like a potential guest, I was just doing what he told me to do and I went ahead and spoke to the management booking staff at the resort and they helped me get everything finalized. During our last time in February this year, our group was rowdy in the bar area and the manager, Kathleen, came up to us and said we need to turn the volume down. I personally appreciated the manner in which she handled the situation and the group. The next day the general manager, Matt , called me and gave me a very stern talking to and told us to tone it down which we did.. We decided to go to a different outdoor venue for dinner the next day and Matt called me the day after that as well , although this was not on the Cape Santa Maria property, he still took the time to really talk down to me and was condescending and I asked him why he was talkimg to me as this was at a different location...he did eventually agree that the outdoor venue had some bad reviews on pricing and a bad reputation and I couldn't understand why he did not get my side of the story first. When we finally arrived back state side and after a day or two, Matt called yet again to complain about bad reviews he was getting, after I told him that I hadn't written a review at that time, he wanted to explain to me that we were not going to be allowed back in on the resort ... I will not be back and I think that he has some brushing up to do on his PR skills as we found him condescending and unprofessional....he ruined my vacation with his condescending phone calls.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Gene19620324
Matthew Brear, General Manager at Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2022

Dear Friends,

Please note that a series of reviews were submitted recently from a private pilots group of 12 that visited Cape Santa Maria from Feb 10th - Feb 13th 2022. Regretfully, I was off the island for their entire stay. While I was off the island I received multiple phone calls from current guests, staff and even members of the local community complaining of the raucous, disrespectful, and offensive language and behavior this group displayed not only at the Cape, but other local restaurants. Although our onsite management did an admirable job in minimizing their disruptive behavior, the comfort of the other resort guests continued to be under assault and I was obliged to intervene. I made three phone calls in response to the leader of this group over four days in response to no less than 8 calls from concerned guests and Long Islanders. On my final call I told the group leader that unfortunately, their behavior and language could no longer be tolerated and they were no longer welcome at the Cape. This is the first time in my seven year tenure that I have been in this position.

This cluster of reviews is their direct response to my commitment to maintaining the Cape as a peaceful, family friendly environment; free of threats, bullying and disrespect. Up until the arrival of this group, my extraordinary crew and I have taken great pride in our ability to provide such a serene environment. I apologize to all who were subject to the disruption created by this group in my absence. I can assure you that we will continue to do all we can to ensure these events are not repeated.

Warmest regards,
Matt Brear

It is important to note that any credible point in this cluster of reviews regarding maintenance or housekeeping has been noted and addressed.

Reviewed 16 February 2022

I have been to this resort 3-4 times Every time coming back sooner and bringing back different people! We would book 3-5 condos every time and spend our money well there… being in the business of service and dealing with some of the wealthiest people in the world I’m sorry to say that I won’t be back and neither will I recommend anybody to go until they take care of the manager Matt! He repeatedly harassed some of the people in our party and made them feel like they were walking on egg shells. There’s a lot of places in the Bahamas where my money could be spent better!
Manager is in way over his head!

Date of stay: February 2022
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Friends,