WOW! If you are looking for a five star resort without the five star prices then Cape Santa Maria is the place. This was our first experience traveling to the Bahamas although we have traveled to many other Caribbean islands. We wanted a place away from the crowds that offered great service and a great beach and we found it here.
The rooms are all right on the beach and very comfortable and clean. We stayed in a bungalow but had a tour of the new Villas and they are incredible. Very luxurious. The sunsets are to die for and happy hour is not to be missed. The restaurant over looks the ocean and the food was excellent. The service was a little slow at times but the manager was there every evening visiting with the guests and making sure we were well taken care of. We spent a day reef fishing with Burt and Noel and had the best time. That evening the restaurant cooked our catch and we had a platter of a variety of fresh fish and enough to share with others. The resort is all about the beach and it is truly incredible. Best beach we have ever seen. The sand is unlike anywhere else. It is like powder and cool on the feet. Water temperature was very warm and the beach was never crowded.
We rented a car from Joe’s car rental and spent a day touring the island. One of the highlights was the cave tour. There are a number of large limestone caves on the island and this was an experience we will not foregut. Our guide took us through the caves which must stretch for a mile underground. Very safe although the bats were a little unnerving. Make sure you wear running shoes and not sandals. They provide you with flash lights which are definitely necessary. We also went for a swim in Deans Blue Hole. This is a 650 foot deep blue hole right on the shore of the eastern side of the island. We saw sea turtles and a variety of colorful fish. In Clarence town we climbed the bell tower of one of the oldest churches in the Bahamas and you can see a good portion of the island from this vantage point.
We have already booked for next year and plan on bring a few friends and our kids. The resort seems to cater to both couples and families alike. If you are looking for a lot of night life and shopping this is not the resort for you but if you want a place to get away from it all with warm and friendly staff and the best beach anywhere, then Cape Santa Maria is the place. Thanks again to Frank and Wendy who really went out of their way to make sure we had a good time. (not to mention Frank helping us change the tire on our rent a car when it went flat). Can’t wait to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Untouched... Undiscovered... Barefoot elegance in a Caribbean paradise. Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort is unlike any place you have ever experienced. Mile after mile of silky-fine sandy beach melts into the warm turquoise water. With twenty bungalows and a handful of villas steps from the most beautiful beach in the Bahamas, an escape to Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort is an experience you will never forget. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort & Villas Hotel Long Island
- Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort And Villas
- Cape Santa Maria Beach Hotel