Horizon Chalets & Motel
Mackenzie's Motel and Cottages(Shelburne)(Great Value!)
US$85
Voyageur Motel(Yarmouth)
US$108
El Rancho Motel(Yarmouth)
US$100
Cape View Motel and Cottages(Mavillette)(Great Value!)
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 July 2016

I stayed here before, i worked for 2 nights in Barrington Passage and this Motel was the closest I could get to my work and the price was very good.

At the Time of Writing this review, the Horizon Motel and Chalet's has changed owners, and will soon be renamed to the "Anchored Inn" and It seems like the new owners put some changes into the motels and Chalets.

My room was very clean, the bed comfortable and the Fridge and Microwave in the Room worked very well for me.

If I could give some feedback to the Owners of the Motel and Chalets here are some things you do to improve things.

1. Near the driveway you have some pretty bad ruts in it as you turn off the Highway, you should fill them in or pave them in.

2. you may want to check out the AC units in the Motel units and Chalets, I found my AC didn't really cool my room down all that much and blew in warm air.

3. you may want to have the cleaning staff pour draino down the sinks in the bathroom every 6 or so months, I found my bathroom sink had very slow Drainage, to the point after I shaved for my job by the time I finished and my sink drained My sink had a 5:00 shadow.

The motel room was very nice and roomy and was very comfortable after It FINALLY cooled down and I still enjoy this place.

I would continue to come here if I'm working in Barrington Passage again.

Room Tip: You are close by to A LOT of local seafood restaurants if you enjoy seafood check them out.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 July 2015

We stayed in a chalet not realizing it would be next to three other people. Why pay the extra money then and just stay in the motel? When we got there the office was closed. We tried to call the office and they would not answer and did not return our phone call. There was silverfish in our bed, spider webs everywhere. It was overall dirty and no nice view. I felt like I was in downtown Toronto. No thanks. Breakfast? I dont even know where the heck it was served.. not that I would want to eat there anyways. Overpriced, bad service, dirty.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank Amanda V
Reviewed 11 June 2015

Not the safest place in Town. Rather noisy esp. on a weekend and room reeked of smoke. There is not a lot of choice Motels in the area. It is the centre of town so location is easy to find. Would I go back here, answer No, would drive on to Yarmouth.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business
4  Thank dgg123
Reviewed 16 September 2014

At arrival we found scuzzy looking people smoking and hanging around doorways of apartment building? beside motel. We did not feel safe staying there. Husband said the room reeked of cigarette smoke but all I could smell was the pungent stench of room deodorizer. We spent the night trying to prevent ourselves from rolling into the trough in the middle of the bed. It was a horrid experience.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Maggiem784
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Pretty laid back spot , typical Nova Scotian ...room big , newly decorated with a very good mattress .we seldom one watch tv on holiday but it had new , big flat screen for those that need one. Not a fan of A/c so felt quite safe putting the large window way up for night air . Frig , micro but no coffee maker. Strange although I always carry a kettle and my supplies . No breakfast included. Bathroom clean . Table and chairs plus a desk so very adequate , quiet and relaxing ! Would return ...

Room Tip: Best thing near here is the restaurant , the Lobster shack ! Good spot to stay while exploring this part of southern Nova Scotia . Looks like the community is fixed up recreation wise .and deep sea fishing .. Really lots of things going on for tourists and residents alike As a Nova Scotian , I know that the smaller communities have a great deal more going on than one would think . .. The motel rooms are fine for a couples, the chalets more for families or couples travelling together ! Great place for a rest !
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple