See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 September 2016

There was nothing wrong with the place I just expected more. It's too expensive and away from everything. The service wasn't great either just OK. The motel smell of disinfectant. There were strange people haning around and we were served by a mumbling teenager.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2016

I arrived at the property at 4:30pm on Saturday 8/27 to find nobody at the office. I called the number listed and it went to voicemail. nobody called me back. i ended up going to Yarmouth and got a room there.

Dont go here! Just keep driving! I even called the night before I left Halifax to confirm it was available and to ask if they took American Express. They confirmed yet the office was closed and I had to way to get key and check in.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WillM2053
Reviewed 24 July 2016

I stayed here before, i worked for 2 nights in Barrington Passage and this Motel was the closest I could get to my work and the price was very good.

At the Time of Writing this review, the Horizon Motel and Chalet's has changed owners, and will soon be renamed to the "Anchored Inn" and It seems like the new owners put some changes into the motels and Chalets.

My room was very clean, the bed comfortable and the Fridge and Microwave in the Room worked very well for me.

If I could give some feedback to the Owners of the Motel and Chalets here are some things you do to improve things.

1. Near the driveway you have some pretty bad ruts in it as you turn off the Highway, you should fill them in or pave them in.

2. you may want to check out the AC units in the Motel units and Chalets, I found my AC didn't really cool my room down all that much and blew in warm air.

3. you may want to have the cleaning staff pour draino down the sinks in the bathroom every 6 or so months, I found my bathroom sink had very slow Drainage, to the point after I shaved for my job by the time I finished and my sink drained My sink had a 5:00 shadow.

The motel room was very nice and roomy and was very comfortable after It FINALLY cooled down and I still enjoy this place.

I would continue to come here if I'm working in Barrington Passage again.

Room Tip: You are close by to A LOT of local seafood restaurants if you enjoy seafood check them out.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 July 2015

We stayed in a chalet not realizing it would be next to three other people. Why pay the extra money then and just stay in the motel? When we got there the office was closed. We tried to call the office and they would not answer and did not return our phone call. There was silverfish in our bed, spider webs everywhere. It was overall dirty and no nice view. I felt like I was in downtown Toronto. No thanks. Breakfast? I dont even know where the heck it was served.. not that I would want to eat there anyways. Overpriced, bad service, dirty.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank Amanda V
Reviewed 11 June 2015

Not the safest place in Town. Rather noisy esp. on a weekend and room reeked of smoke. There is not a lot of choice Motels in the area. It is the centre of town so location is easy to find. Would I go back here, answer No, would drive on to Yarmouth.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business