“Birthday”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 10 September 2021

I booked this beautiful little pub for my 50th birthday, we had 14 of us eating and drinking throughout the evening and all the food was just perfect, the portions were very generous, the staff couldn’t be more helpful and we all had a great evening. If you like home cooked food and a quaint setting I can highly recommend this hidden gem, thank you we will be back!

1  Thank leezae1971
Write a reviewReviews (592)

Reviewed 6 September 2021

There were three of us for lunch. It wasn't too busy. The service was really quick and efficient.
My meal was delicious. My husband said his burger was probable one of the best he'd eaten - which is high praise indeed! My daughter opted for a vegetarian dish which she really enjoyed
All in all it was a really nice afternoon lunch. I will definitely return if I am in the area.

Date of visit: September 2021
1  Thank barbaraeR5780GA
Reviewed 5 September 2021 via mobile

So this place was always one of our favourites. But clearly this isn’t the case anymore.

We booked a table for 6pm. We arrived in plenty of time only to be told the kitchen closes at 5:30 and we need to order straight away.

The managers showed no apology at all, the staff behind the bar were a lot more apologetic to be fair.

What has happened to this place, change of management?

Safe to safe we won’t be going back unfortunately

Date of visit: September 2021
Reviewed 19 August 2021 via mobile

Really impressed by the staff and menu. Food was amazing and really good gluten-free options (almost everything on the menu). Fish and chips were sooooo good and the ribs so tender. Would highly recommend the food and friendliness of the staff made it very enjoyable. Chocolate brownie dessert was delicious. Looking forward to my next visit!

Reviewed 19 August 2021

I took my Nan here with me for lunch last week and the service was really not that great, the waitress clearly did not want to be there and neither did the guy behind the bar, the service was just poor and for what I was paying it really was not worth it.