“Horrendous breakfast fayre”
Review of Botanic Kitchen

Botanic Kitchen
Ranked #3 of 3 Restaurants in Wyton
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Arrived early with my wife and ordered egg bacon, and bubble and squeak for myself and a bacon and sausage sandwich for my wife, after waiting for 30 minutes the items duly arrived. To use the words unappetising on both counts would have been an understatement! Burnt bubble and squeak resembling a polo mint with the centre completely missing, hidden by cremated bacon and a rubber egg. Wy wifes sandwich was equally un edible. I guess the cold toast was acceptable by way of compromise. No excuse refuded costs a a dark review sorry wyvale guess you should stick to garden fayre ie plants!!

Reviewed 2 March 2018

This restaurant still has food such as cakes and scones uncovered on low open tables where I have seen both adults and children picking up items and then putting them back. Very unhygienic, I’m surprised it is allowed by the food hygiene inspectors. Best avoided until this situation is resolved. Better to use Costas at the Garden Centre entrance.

Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

The Christmas lunch was very under cooked. The pigs in blankets looked RAW, the roast potatoes needed another 45 mins. The stuffing was bland.
Cheese cake was nice

Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

Went here for lunch, Me & my daughter ordered a hot sandwich each, my hubby ordered the soup of the day.
We waited a while for it to come, then when it did, the order wasn't ours.
When we eventually got ours, the side salad was so sad, the lettuce, look brown and like it had died. My sandwich wasn't very nice, but my hubby said his soup was very tasty. I wouldn't go back, £30 later, for the price, it was so not worth it. Also my daughters cup was dirty and had an old coffee rim around the cup.
The service was rubbish.
The chairs are very uncomfortable, & it was very hot inside.

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

The cafe at Wyevale, St Ives has bags of potential but fails to hit the mark. Nevertheless, it's a good stopping off point when leaving the A14. Just off the A141, I've stopped there a few times before completing my journey home. The cakes look enticing but are disappointing and the service is a bit clumsy.
The garden centre is large with an excellent range of goods and there is a large WHSmith within the garden centre for impulse stationery purchases.