We loved this type of accommodation - very homie atmosphere. The only trouble was finding the place - but we did a great job at that. There is no sign and the building is located in a complex where there are tens of building looking all the same. Luckily, above the front door they have a number (given as a part of the address)which is how we were able to spot the place. When we arrived, no one was around so we had to call Gerard who came short after that. He and his wife were very helpful and attentive hosts, we also booked a tour (Mossy forest) with them. The house is basically a family house with slighty more rooms than usual- the common area consists of a living room, kitchen, terrace and a corridor with two PCs for guests. We appreciated that since our room was rather small. The place is located not too far from the town center- couple of minutes by car.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gerard’s Place has been created with that homely ambiance in mind, offering the kind of peace and tranquility that one will seek for after travelling for days with a big heavy pack on the back in blistering lowlands’ daytime 35 Celsius heat. Gerard’s Place offers 8 tidy, comfortable, and spanking rooms for two, and a room for three. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Gerard's Place reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gerard`s Place Hotel Tanah Rata
- Gerard's Place Cameron Highlands/Tanah Rata