“A Fair review on bala's”

Planters Country Hotel & Restaurant
Reviewed 26 June 2012

A lot of people left comment that Bala's is doing a lousy job in keeping the room from moisture, i must give Bala's a fair comment

i) Personally i think they did a good job in maintaining the claenliness & hygene of the rooms, bedsheet & toilet. Can anyone name a single area where they don't keep in clean?
ii) Cameron Highlands' climate by nature is damp and cold, and for this reason it attracts people like you and I. Especially with open air accomodation like Bala's, it is extremely hard to maintain low humidity in the room. Therefore it is not fair to compare Bala's with other hotel with enclosed / controlled ventilation system. I did see that the staffs open the window of vacant rooms everyday, trying to improve the ventilation and get rid of moist air.
iii) By design, the room in Bala's comes with fire place. Besides warming the room, the heat & radiation from the fire also keep the moisture at bay & helps in drying the air. Since the fire place is sealed off, there nothing we can do to take advantage of the fire place.
iv) I observed some rooms in Bala's is not exposed to sunlight (this doens't look good in Chinese "FengShui"), and ventilation of air is poor even with the window wide open. However, i recommend that they can try pointing the room with lights shone from high luminense mentol bulb. Believe the heat & radiation from the light would help in bringing the moisture down.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 26 June 2012

Is definitely Is nice argitecture , good to take picture , but we r disappointed of their hospitality , my friend who is out sider to come to visit us ,and thinking to take picture ,but they do charge my friend Rm 150 , and they don"t mind to pay this amount seem the chalet is really nice to take photo., an they even order some breakfast , just thinking give some business to them ,but the silly boss they restrict my friend to finish within 1 hour ,after 1 hour finish taking picture , our friend still mingglet with us , i can"t believe that the boss ask her staff to chase our friend out I use the strong word CHASE is really mean how they really treat our friend , it is really rude , the worst thing is the boss inform us that me and my husband have to check on time 11: am with is really rediculois , which most of the hotel standard check out time is 12pm . I think the boss not happy that we are bringing friend that why they do this to us ,

We can understand that if the check out is need to be earlier if due to holiday or peak seasion , the houesskeeper need to clean up early , guess what that day is not weekend or holiday , is just a Monday , and it really quite day

For those who Consider stay their pls be careful on check out time , no doubt they do have nice argitecture and ambient , but I really did"t expect to have that kind of hospitality

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank tstrry
Reviewed 12 June 2012 via mobile

I stay two night with my family.
1) The room was smelly when we enter.
2) I was woke up in midnight and early morning due to noise from main road.
3) The breakfast did not satisfy me as well.
4) Watch out with the hot water. It can burn your skin when it sudden turn hot.
5) The room cost me RM353 per might which I think it does not worth.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Sllee2418
Reviewed 10 June 2012

Enjoyed my stay but I find it tiring while climbing up the stairs outside leading
to the room.The maintenance department need to have regular checks on the rooms to see that
everything in the rooms are in working order. The first room that we check into didn't have a working plug for the tv. We asked to change room. The second room was on the
higher grounds. Have to climb a number of steps which is difficult for family with elderly.Many lights were not working. Looks a little bit scary and haunted. Not happy that wifi is only available at the room next to reception. Obviously not many staff were working there. The person at the reception also have to serve food at the restaurant. Not friendly at all. Anyway we just stayed for the beautiful looking house. Overall nice place.. Nice natural environment ...

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 June 2012

After reading some reviews on Bala's Holiday Chalet we were worried on what to expect. But we found the place nice and comfortable.Of course the house and the garden are really beautiful. The rooms inside were ok, and the view from the window great.
We also have an indian dinner there and the food was good. What I did not find so good was the service. Not very friendly.
To have breakfast outside in the garden was very nice, specially if you eat the strawberries that you picked the day before!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1.1 km away
Cameron Highlands Resort
Cameron Highlands Resort
#1 of 13 in Tanah Rata

Been to Planters Country Hotel & Restaurant? Share your experiences!